Day off on a Thursday.

Jarzola23

I was asked to come in on Monday technically which is my day off. To help because we were heavy. I got a text at 805 on Thursday morning saying not to come in and start time is at 905. Could I still go into work regardless of them telling me stay home?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I was asked to come in on Monday technically which is my day off. To help because we were heavy. I got a text at 805 on Thursday morning saying not to come in and start time is at 905. Could I still go into work regardless of them telling me stay home?

Maybe you should ask “ them”

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Did they say they are laying you off?
What classification are you?
Are you full time or part time?
What local?
What did your union steward say?
Does your supplement have articles on layoffs?

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I know it can be intimidating talking to your management because of the way they try to throw their “weight” around
They are just people dude. People doing a job and following orders just like you
You gotta be able to stand up for yourself without saying anything that could get you in trouble. It’s actually really easy. I always take the “play dumb” stance. I’m just the dumb UPS driver sir. Me confused.
Straight to the point. “I thought I was guaranteed 8 hours per the contract?”
If they give you the run around, if they try to intimidate you into accepting something that you know isn’t correct, that’s when you say “ok, thanks.” Hang up. Immediately call your steward and explain the situation
This is the proper way to handle any contract violation situation, especially when you are a newer driver.
You pay good money for union representation. Always try to handle the situation yourself as professional as possible, but if they don’t want to work with you it’s time to call stew

Zowert

You are guaranteed 8 hours a day on your normal working days. They can call you and ask if you’d like the day off (unpaid) but you don’t have to take it. Otherwise they have to pay you for 8 hours or lay you off, there is no other option.

When I was a newly qualified driver they tried this on me, I showed up for work and they told me there was no work for me, to just go home. I was naive and almost just followed along. While walking out of center a shop steward stopped me and asked what was going on. I told him and he was like, “Nope! Follow me.” We walked back into the office and he asked management if I was laid off. They found me something to do and I got paid.

542thruNthru

Yes. You're a 22.4

Guaranteed 5 consecutive days. 8 hours a day when showing up on time.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
They just don’t want to pay you the 6th punch because it’s overtime.
🧔✊

Jarzola23

It’s also a touchy situation at my center with getting a union Stweard involved especially being new and working anything you can. When you bring the union Stweard into it management almost feels offended and any little work that you were getting goes away.

542thruNthru

It’s also a touchy situation at my center with getting a union Stweard involved especially being new and working anything you can. When you bring the union Stweard into it management almost feels offended and any little work that you were getting goes away.
I'll say it again... You're a 22.4. you're guaranteed 5 consecutive days. 8 hours a day.

Screenshot_20201112-092914_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Don't be a wimp. Demand what's owed to you or be stepped on your whole career till you decide to stand up for yourself.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Who cares if they are offended.
Enforcement of the contract is your responsibility.
If you don't enforce the contract it is your fault if you don't work.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Enjoy your day off....