Dealing with Heat Exhaustion.

upsgrunt

WOW!! A high temperature today in Ohio of 79` !!! Get me my icepack!! When it`s 79` down here in Florida some where a jacket! From what I`m reading here some of you wouldn`t survive down here in Florida with a temp of 95` and 100% humidity!! :lol:

Raw, how do you think you would handle 0 degrees with a 40 m.p.h. wind? Let me predict that you will say that " you wouldn't be stupid enough to live and work where it gets that cold." Maybe the rest of us aren't stupid enough to live where it gets so hot. Six of one, a half dozen of the other-:confused:1

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
WOW!! A high temperature today in Ohio of 79` !!! Get me my icepack!! When it`s 79` down here in Florida some where a jacket! From what I`m reading here some of you wouldn`t survive down here in Florida with a temp of 95` and 100% humidity!! :lol:
Where did I say 79? Its ok tho, it was 79 today. I dont now how people in AZ, and NV survive tho. Maybe they have air? I didnt say too hot, I love hot, take it over 0 anyday. Its alot easier to survive heat than to unthaw frostbite, and you lose fewer extremities.

Cementups

Box Monkey
My best way to avoid heat exhaustion.....don't tell too many people, it is a secret I holdnear and dear...........

Take the day off and stay in the A/C

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
it gets hot and muggy here in new england also,but how would you like to do a peak with 4 ft of snow and unshoveld steps,late air meets every day because of snow!! its all relevant to were you live!!! nice thing about n.e after big storm, my house maybe under 5 feet of snow,BUT ITS STILL STANDING :lol:

diesel96

Lets not start bashing each others states,Raw doesn't speak for the whole state of FL....and yes it gets hot and humid almost eveywhere,maybe not as many months as us in FL,but I wouldn't trade it for the wintery conditions up north.I can't imagine how you guys deal with low temps and high snow drifts.I consider myself lucky not to deal with extreme cold winters.
However ,having said that ,it's no laughing matter(Mr. Woodsy) to have your house damaged or knock down and completly destroyed by a storm.
Between FL.,TX,Louisiana,Miss.ALA,Carolinas....whanever a storm hits one of our States,we all ban together and send as much help and assitance as possible.Even UPS gets into the fray.

Raw

Raw Member
Then you asume to know the temperature were we are all at and tell us we wouldnt make it where you are at, really? You know this how? You must be some sort of genius, either that or maybe a weather man!

Raw stay out of the heat i think its affecting your judgements!
I watch the national weather report on TV in the a.m. before I leave for work, ever hear of a TV?

Raw

Raw Member
Raw, how do you think you would handle 0 degrees with a 40 m.p.h. wind? Let me predict that you will say that " you wouldn't be stupid enough to live and work where it gets that cold." Maybe the rest of us aren't stupid enough to live where it gets so hot. Six of one, a half dozen of the other-:confused:1
I lived in Cleveland , Ohio area for my first 19 years and yes, I wouldn`t be stupid enough to do this pkg del driver job in Ohio in the winter, but down here in Florida weather it`s quite a nice gig!! :w00t:

rushfan

I drive a light colored vehicle all day, wear light colored clothing, and drink lots of fluids to keep my electrolytes up.