Dealing with robbers...

Theichii

So today I was delivering a rural route and went down . 25 mile driveway and on the way back a car was parked in the road blocking the driveway. I lean out thinking they are looking for their package and as I am about to ask him what his address is I notice he is wearing a bandana like a bandit, and is pointing a gun at me. He tells me to get on the ground and to give him my money and cell phone as he walks towards me. I comply, he jumps in my truck and throws my keys in the tall grass and speeds off. I promptly lock myself in the back of my car and message the center that i was just robbed. I have to send 4 messages before i receive a message back. Then my center manager asks me questions that i perceived as it was my fault that i got robbed. /sigh

DS

Fenderbender
Then my center manager asks me questions that i perceived as it was my fault that i got robbed. /sigh

This is a classic avoidable robbery...just like being hit while parked,or being in the spot where the meteorite slammed through your car
I swear they are growing center manager's in petri dishes in some underground laboratory somewhere.
You did nothing wrong,glad you are ok.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Glad you are ok, . My best advice is give them everything, teach them to drive the truck, and tell them to have a great day. Just get out alive.

dillweed

This is a classic avoidable robbery...just like being hit while parked,or being in the spot where the meteorite slammed through your car
I swear they are growing center manager's in petri dishes in some underground laboratory somewhere.
You did nothing wrong,glad you are ok.

That is very, very funny.

over9five

Staff member
Glad you are ok, . My best advice is give them everything, teach them to drive the truck, and tell them to have a great day. Just get out alive.
+1.

You have just been thru a very traumatic experience. Get help if you need it. UPS will be happy (if prodded) to provide you with therapy.

Raw

Raw Member
Proper procedure is to point at their zipper and say " Your zipper is down " then grab the back of their head as you slam their face to your knee knocking them out cold!

705red

Browncafe Steward
UPS is liable for the money you lost in the hold up, make sure you get your money back.

Glad to hear that you are ok.

atatbl

UPS is liable for the money you lost in the hold up, make sure you get your money back.

Glad to hear that you are ok.

I am sure your first concern was the exact same as the TS.

And that same concern will certainly be paramount when dealing with the possible psychological ramifications of this incident.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
So today I was delivering a rural route and went down . 25 mile driveway and on the way back a car was parked in the road blocking the driveway. I lean out thinking they are looking for their package and as I am about to ask him what his address is I notice he is wearing a bandana like a bandit, and is pointing a gun at me. He tells me to get on the ground and to give him my money and cell phone as he walks towards me. I comply, he jumps in my truck and throws my keys in the tall grass and speeds off. I promptly lock myself in the back of my car and message the center that i was just robbed. I have to send 4 messages before i receive a message back. Then my center manager asks me questions that i perceived as it was my fault that i got robbed. /sigh

Glad to hear you are okay (physically).

I'm really glad you're ok. You did exactly the right thing. Give them what they want and they'll leave. The most important thing is that you are safe. I've never had a gun pointed at me and cannot begin to imagine how you felt.

Big Babooba

Show them how to use the DIAD too. Don't be surprised if they bring everything back, apologize and give you back double your money because they felt sorry for you. Seriously, I'm glad that you're safe. Everything that you have can be replaced - you can't.