Dear UNION...

UPSGUY72

you should talk you do a lot of moaning you know where the door is. if you quit maybe he will get a raise

I'm not going any where unless I hit the lottery. I get paid very good for handling cardboard. I'll take the $.80 to $1.00 a year raise as long as they going keep giving them.

Most people out in the world don't get yearly raises or there raises are based on there performance. At UPS you can act and work like and idiot and still have a job and still get your yearly raises which is good for a lot of people because if there raises where based on there performance they would be making minimum wage....

GolfCart

I'm severely underpaid for the amount of harrasment and work I must perform every day. I'd like to see a hefty increase in the next contract. Thanks in advance.
P.S. Don't bother commenting to this or any of my other threads Upstate,You're irrelevant .

I like YOU !!!!!!!!!! If you just Hated your job , we could be brothers .

rocket man

i'm not going any where unless i hit the lottery. I get paid very good for handling cardboard. I'll take the $.80 to $1.00 a year raise as long as they going keep giving them.

Most people out in the world don't get yearly raises or there raises are based on there performance. At ups you can act and work like and idiot and still have a job and still get your yearly raises which is good for a lot of people because if there raises where based on there performance they would be making minimum wage....
so . Whats your pay rate suppose to be?

gman042

Been around the block a few times
A group of us were talking the other day before work. What we decided was we were not underpaid. Now we might feel differently when Telematics kicks in this next week but we have been forewarned and most don't have any problems in the preliminary checks. Though there were 2 trucks that showed tampered with. hmmm.

My point.....and I have one.....if you are not college educated and you are willing to work hard then UPS offers an opportunity to make a good living. $70-90 grand a year is pretty good where I come from. This does not include the benefits package that is not figured in to your yearly take. Tack on another $15 grand in benefits. if you were to pay out of pocket on the insurance it would be 600 to 1000 an month. Not so bad.

Kis124

I'm a part timer..if you consider your hourly wage, and what you WOULD pay for bennies and the fact that we get vacation, sick, personal, and 8 paid holidays...we are compensated pretty well. Yes, we are treated like smile* but smile* rolls downhill. My Sup yells at me..I look at her and say..ok. I have been there 4 years and have learned to tune out most of the crap.

UPSGUY72

so . Whats your pay rate suppose to be?

I make $31.31 hour that's $1252.4 a week or $65124.80 without any OT. That's not counting what I don't pay for Health insurance and the pension benefits that I'm gaining.

If I average 3 hours of OT a week that would put me at $72451.34 a year

Not to shabby for handling cardboard.

By the end of this contract I will be making a minimum of $32.36 hr which is $1294.40 a week or $67308.80 year. With an average of 3 hrs of OT again a week. That would put me at $74881.04 Again that's not counting free health insurance and pension benefits I'm gaining.

IF you feel your are underpaid, over worked and harassed on a daily basis WHY DON'T QUIT ???
Because he's a man with a penis and BALLS. "Sorry ladies you are way tougher that men because you have babies and I respect you for this and I also am very afraid of my wife who checks my posts from time too time but I would say that anyway because she shot out a very big human being 0ver ten pounds". For a while I thought we should get small raises so these corporate crazzyies would stay off our backs. $h|+ keep paying us a buck more a year and have the survival of the fitest.

Try profit sharing. Instead of settling for less,take a look at our companies CEO and his hefty 22% increase this year over last years bonus. That MIGHT open your eyes,then again you sound like you're satisfied and if so that's great. Different strokes for different folks.
I just requested u as my 57th friend don't disappoint me. U are a real treat

Cementups

Box Monkey
My point.....and I have one.....if you are not college educated and you are willing to work hard then UPS offers an opportunity to make a good living. $70-90 grand a year is pretty good where I come from. This does not include the benefits package that is not figured in to your yearly take. Tack on another $15 grand in benefits. if you were to pay out of pocket on the insurance it would be 600 to 1000 an month. Not so bad.

I'm with this guy. I have friends with Master's degrees that make half of what I do. Something kind of wrong with that picture.

On top of a great pay, when I put my DIAD in the slot at night, my job is done. I don't have to stay in the office late after work working on tomorrow's board meeting. I don't have to take home my briefcase filled with notes to finish all the TPS reports that I didn't have time to finish earlier in the day. No, at the end of my day I get to punch out and walk out leaving my day behind to go home to a family that I know is well fed and well provided for thanks to the career that I have chosen.

satellitedriver

I'm severely underpaid for the amount of harrasment and work I must perform every day. I'd like to see a hefty increase in the next contract. Thanks in advance.
P.S. Don't bother commenting to this or any of my other threads Upstate,You're irrelevant .
I am paid exactly what I am willing to work for and what UPS is willing to pay me.
Harrasment...........that is water off a ducks back, for me.
You would have to "heft" more to see an increase.
You are welcome, in arrears.

You are welcome to trade jobs with some of the less fortunate like me. You will make less than half your current rate, 1/4 the hours avalible at best, no overtime, benefits, or dignity with all the upsides of lifting a median weight of 80lbs constantly throughout the day plus at least twice a week delivering 220lb double recliner sofas twisting and bending your body at unsafe angles to complete your job up narrow flights of switchback stairways, through narrow hallways filled with obstacles, into nitpicky customers houses and be called up before during and after each delivery so you can be micromanaged away from the warehouse as well.

Ill take your job anyday and humiliate you with my efficiency, willingness to work my ass off, and knowledge with experience that
things can be at least as bad with less benefits. Your job is nothing short of a gift to many people and one to be treasured if you had any common sense or a grasp of what else out there is availible for the same benefit.

GolfCart

I would take a pay cut , for better working conditions and less harassment . Unless you are a driver , you have no clue how bad it is . ( you really DO NOT !!! ) Money is NOT everything . YES I am VERY BLESSED to have a good paying job , but UPS is trying to kill or RUN OFF all of us old timers . They know the young bucks will work for $20.00 instead of $32.00 per hr . We just need more focus on working condtions , retirement , and less harassment , not money . Yes everyone in the world needs raises to keep up with gas prices . We just need to stick together and FIGHT UPS , because in 2013 they are going to TAKE TAKE TAKE AWAY from US !!!!

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
I agree, it should be DOUBLE the current hourly rate + benefits after 3 months
BTW this is in regards to the preload position. I started with this company as a seasonal driver and now work preload and the preload people are nowhere near paid enough for the crap that is dumped on them IMHO

Packmule

While I'm inclined to agree that part time people need their compensation improved, full time raises in the current economy are precisely why you keep getting harrassed. What we need is NO raises, better retirement guarantees, and language that proactively addresses the no-win situations we are currently facing everyday, rather than forcing you to file individual grievances that only make you a bullseye for further harrassment.

bigblu 2 you

i would like to negotiate our next contract.like the coke zero commercial,after each proposal i look across the table at management and say........."AND"?

UPSGUY72

I would take a pay cut , for better working conditions and less harassment . Unless you are a driver , you have no clue how bad it is . ( you really DO NOT !!! ) Money is NOT everything . YES I am VERY BLESSED to have a good paying job , but UPS is trying to kill or RUN OFF all of us old timers . They know the young bucks will work for $20.00 instead of $32.00 per hr . We just need more focus on working condtions , retirement , and less harassment , not money . Yes everyone in the world needs raises to keep up with gas prices . We just need to stick together and FIGHT UPS , because in 2013 they are going to TAKE TAKE TAKE AWAY from US !!!!

UPS is a public company now if they cut your pay they are going to give it to the share holders and still expect you do to the same work.