Death and or survivor benefits?

cachmeifucan

It had to be his only child his son no wife. His son said he put him as beneficiary but getting the run around because the way he was coded or for some other reasons

Yes I believe only the spouse and also only if they pick that option. I also think they have to be retired at the time to receive it. Though I could be wrong.
Preferential Beneficiary
If you do not name a Plan beneficiary or if your named beneficiary dies before you, your Plan looks at the following classes of survivors:
• Spouse on date of death
• Children (only natural or legally
adopted are recognized)
• Parents
• Brothers and sisters
• Your estate
Your Plan beneficiary is selected from the first of these classes with a survivor. If there is more than one survivor in that class, they share equally in any lump sum death benefit payable.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
In your local who can benefit from a deceased workers pension. Is it only husband or wife?
My BIL died a couple years ago and his Mother was able to collect a partial benefit from his pension to cover funeral expenses ect. Pretty sure this was due to some good work by our BA who was a great teamster and unfortunately passed away not too long ago himself. Go to the hall or call the hall.

Up In Smoke

Thanks I never heard of a brother being able to collect a pension thru beneficiary I thought it only went to husband or wife. Remainder of pension can you elaborate. Like he now gets a monthly check or it was a sort of payoff
I can only speak to our local pension, so someone will have to inquire about yours. Our pension has 60 guaranteed payments. So in the case of the brother being the only living relative he received the remainder of the pension payments and the life insurance payout.

Inthegame

Do you think it will be in the contract or a supplement and how would I go about finding this out.
The information you're looking for will be in the Summary Plan Description or SPD which is a booklet all participants of a plan receive, which means you should have a copy.

Asking that specific question here, with plans having unique language, will likely only add confusion.

cachmeifucan

The information you're looking for will be in the Summary Plan Description or SPD which is a booklet all participants of a plan receive, which means you should have a copy.

Asking that specific question here, with plans having unique language, will likely only add confusion.

Thanks

cachmeifucan

Be careful when inquiring with your local, my brother and I was in the same local, different companies. I was a union steward, I contacted my BA and he informed that there was no insurance benefits for my brother. So we dug a little deeper because my BA and I always didn't always agree on many issues. Found out there was a policy for $20,000. So check it out completely.
Sorry for your loss and thank you

Inthegame

While attempting to find your SPD online, I noticed L705 Pension is under a rehabilitation plan as they were under 65% funded a few years ago.

Consequently they have suspended some of the "lump sum" payouts, so your SPD might not have accurate current language.

The Funds office # is (312) 738-2811, M-friend 8-4.

cachmeifucan

While attempting to find your SPD online, I noticed L705 Pension is under a rehabilitation plan as they were under 65% funded a few years ago.

Consequently they have suspended some of the "lump sum" payouts, so your SPD might not have accurate current language.

The Funds office # is (312) 738-2811, M-friend 8-4.
Thanks so much. I found some paperwork that said we pay 2080 hours to beneficiary. Il definitely pass on the phone number. And how many years ago was that. I thought our pension fund was doing better.

cachmeifucan

This is what I found
20210306_121230.jpg
20210306_121230.jpg
20210306_121234.jpg

cachmeifucan

Dinner on me for all the help. Out here we have some crazy agreement we call the 1 punch rule. So I guess you need 1 punch per week. So he worked Feb 1st 2nd and 3rd but how convenient they found him on February 10th my question is they must of done something to stop his check on the 12th. Seems like it could have been done purposefully because something happened Quick for them being notified and stopping his check. I wonder how much this happens when people die while being currently employed

cachmeifucan

Sorry to all let me elaborate 1 punch rule means we have to work 1 day or hour a week to keep our health insurance and I guess now death benefits let's get rid of this rule. Because some stupid supervisor puts in the wrong code can cause tons of problems

cachmeifucan

Preferential Beneficiary
If you do not name a Plan beneficiary or if your named beneficiary dies before you, your Plan looks at the following classes of survivors:
• Spouse on date of death
• Children (only natural or legally
adopted are recognized)
• Parents
• Brothers and sisters
• Your estate
Your Plan beneficiary is selected from the first of these classes with a survivor. If there is more than one survivor in that class, they share equally in any lump sum death benefit payable.
Can you take a look at the photos I posted and give your opinion

Sorry to all let me elaborate 1 punch rule means we have to work 1 day or hour a week to keep our health insurance and I guess now death benefits let's get rid of this rule. Because some stupid supervisor puts in the wrong code can cause tons of problems
Your 1 punch language is probably for a future weeks benefits. What if you only punched in on Friday? I doubt you lost your insurance the Monday thru Thursday before you worked.

Example:
I need 40 paid hours a month for medical. It’s for coverage 2 months out. 40 hours in March covers me for May.

If your death benefit comes from your pension plan, you probably don’t lose that benefit because you didn’t punch in. You probably only lose that pension contribution for that benefit week.