Debates

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Why is there always some kid of issue when they have these debates? They are still stuck in the last century

With the video gaffes It appears to be a “Mickey Mouse” operation, you can imagine if this mishap occurred in a UPS executive board meeting, the sound and video guys would be “drawn and quartered”..

Maybe they will have their act together with the Zuckerman and H debate. That will probably be more entertaining.

Another interesting statement last night was from Vairma, stating that his running mate H was a man of “color”... he is of Spanish ancestry? Looking at him on his web page...technically I have more “color” and I am as “white” as you can be.

Last edited:

542thruNthru

I’ll give you the Cliffs notes version

Your boy has to much Hoffa baggage hanging over him Uless SO steps on his dick V is unelectable
Yeah from the first half I didn't like how Vairma came off.

Though I sure I won't hear the OZ boys on here preaching about how Sean didn't sling any mud this time lol.

Karma...

there are many more similarities shared by both candidates than not.....much depends on which one will be able to get the members who dont traditionally vote to vote.......

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
there are many more similarities shared by both candidates than not.....much depends on which one will be able to get the members who dont traditionally vote to vote.......

It is going to be a battle of the West against the Central, Southern and East.

O’Brien and Zuckerman should win easily just from the prior 2016 election results, O’ Brien was at that time a supporter of Hoffa, he will carry the East. The Central and Southern will have nothing to do with anybody endorsed by the Hoffa administration. The West will go 50/50, Chicago and the rest of the independents will go for the OZ ticket. Canada will also go 50/50.

Nothing wrong with Vairma, but appears to be more of the same old, same old, he does not have the edge that O’Brien has. Members are sick of the current status quo and are hoping for a change, whether we get it is another story.

Also the vast majority of these uninterested part timers if they vote will check the first box on the ballot...O is before V...calling it like it is...

But most of them will throw it in the trash..

What'dyabringmetoday???

interesting debate...very similar to the first debate as to questions and verbal hits back and forth....the moderators did a good equal fair job......no new ground covered....either candidate will do a fine job as union president......mr obrien conducted himself much better than in the first debate......it was a debate of personalities rather than issues.........not many teamsters were watching so it could be the membership is rife with apathy.....too bad......looks like another low turnout and the minority will yet again dictate and control the majority.......I am surprised that the teamsters dont require every member to vote so its a democracy and not a republic..
Yes- make them vote when they get their vaccine. Perfect.

Karma...

O’Brien and Zuckerman should win easily just from the prior 2016 election results, O’ Brien was at that time a supporter of Hoffa, he will carry the East. The Central and Southern will have nothing to do with anybody endorsed by the Hoffa administration. The West will go 50/50, Chicago and the rest of the independents will go for the OZ ticket. Canada will also go 50/50.

Nothing wrong with Vairma, but appears to be more of the same old, same old, he does not have the edge that O’Brien has. Members are sick of the current status quo and are hoping for a change, whether we get it is another story.

Also the vast majority of these uninterested part timers if they vote will check the first box on the ballot...O is before V...calling it like it is...

well put...your views are always intelligent and balanced....better than most of mine..

It's up to us old timers to make sure these young part-timers vote

Karma...

thats for sure....dont mourn..organize and vote.......just hope the part-timers dont vote and trounce the full-timers........actually a ft vote should count twice as much as a pt vote.......ft have much more at stake as the mostly transient pt ....

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
Another interesting statement last night was from Vairma, stating that his running mate H was a man of “color”... he is of Spanish ancestry? Looking at him on his web page...technically I have more “color” and I am as “white” as you can be.
I figured he would fall into that trap,it must have been right after SOB brought up "token".