Debates

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
If we would have had enough people vote last time they could have never imposed a contract on us

I know what you are saying.. but the average part timer who did not vote would of voted “yes” if they did...this last contract most of them got a 3 dollar raise, they don’t care what happens with the rest of the membership because they are just temporary and do not plan to stay long enough to make a career with UPS.

I know what you are saying.. but the average part timer who did not vote would of voted “yes” if they did...this last contract most of them got a 3 dollar raise, they don’t care what happens with the rest of the membership because they are just temporary and do not plan to stay long enough to make a career with UPS.
At least we'll have to worry about the 50% rule anymore

Karma...

their career would not be with ups rather the union...thats the contract

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
their career would not be with ups rather the union...thats the contract

UPS and the teamsters have been together since 1916...

Define what a career is?

Do you precede ever that UPS will close shop?

Not every career is a white collar desk job... just ask your local Unionized Police Officer.

Right now the Corporation is trying to cut it’s own fat, those redundant executive positions are going by the wayside. This pandemic has defined what really is an essential job and it ain’t desk jockeys, thus the elimination of non essential HR and customer service representatives being farmed out to other countries.

This coming 2023 contract is pre much being written by the pandemic, hence UPS has to raise their agreed to contract starting wage just to get bodies. The real hard part is to keep them for the reason that our Union positions are physically and mentally challenging even for the sturdiest individuals.

Right now profits are good and the outlook of continue growth is a given...That will not change in a year, they will technically start negotiating when the new teamster leadership takes over.
Starting part time hourly rate will be over 20 easily, that 22.4 concession will probably be eliminated, I expect that the part timers in some conferences will be put into a matched 401k to attract better applications. I hope for a more equatable pension among our long term members, I mentioned this before but we had a 50 year full time union member age 70 who retired last year under the “Ohio Rider” that left with only 2150 with the International’s blessing. These Supplements need to be addressed by protections provided by the Master, otherwise we will continue to lose credibility and be railroaded by these negotiating committees on both sides.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I mentioned this before but we had a 50 year full time union member age 70 who retired last year under the “Ohio Rider” that left with only 2150 with the International’s blessing.

Those clerks voted to stay in that pension plan, rather than be in Central States,

Big Rigger

I did. It's still choppy. Someone will be talking and suddenly it will jump forward. One time even one of the questions was missed because of it.
I don't think the election supervisor was in control. If you read the credits it was produced and edited by the same group that runs Biden's press conferences.
Pelosi Panoramic Productions

Karma...

union people draw their retirement from the union not ups thus they retire from the union ( where their loyalty is )....if they retired from ups they would have medical benefits included at no cost..........

union people draw their retirement from the union not ups thus they retire from the union ( where their loyalty is )....if they retired from ups they would have medical benefits included at no cost..........
They retire from UPS and draw a pension from the union that UPS put the money into.
Retiree health coverage is different in every supplement but a good portion of us paid 200 for a single and 400 for a family
Some supplements have no medical coverage

Karma...

non-union people retire from ups and have medical..big difference...I certainly wish the unions could run their pensions better and enable their people to have better retirements...the I.A.M does a great job for their people. why cant the teamsters ?...and why cant ups non-union ?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
non-union people retire from ups and have medical..big difference...I certainly wish the unions could run their pensions better and enable their people to have better retirements...the I.A.M does a great job for their people. why cant the teamsters ?...and why cant ups non-union ?
Too many multi employee pension funds companies went broke ups left holding the bag

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
That's BS my dad is a retired ILWU foreman and he and my mom are fully covered for life