Debates

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
thats a well run pension...why dont other locals do the same..

Long complicated story....the funds that are doing well had good growth with their membership..deregulation killed the Central and the fact that every part timer in that conference was not contributing monetary to the full timers pension plans, the Western had the advantage of having their part time members in the same pension plan as the full timers. On average they will collect twice as much as those under the Central and Southern.. part timers included.

Karma...

so union pensions and members take the hit due to other companies being failures ?........better to not kill the golden goose (ups)

oldngray

nowhere special
Look, you only have to pay a toll to leave Jersey, so just come for a visit, bring your cartoon dolls and little schmeckle we’ll go to AC and see if you can get hard for a woman.
That people are willing to pay to get out of New Jersey should be telling you something.

Big Rigger

Hey got a question? Off topic. So luckily my wife is 9 years younger then me. So my ? Is when i (god willing) turn 65 il get kicked onto Medicare right? So how long will she be covered under mu health insurance. Im sure i might have a local thats different.
If I'm still working at 65 the company insurance is still in effect. If your wife turns 65 before you she stays on the company insurance. But you'd better call Social Security to find out if there's a penalty for not pre-registering prior to either turning 65. There's a lot of detail you don't want to miss on that.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
If I'm still working at 65 the company insurance is still in effect. If your wife turns 65 before you she stays on the company insurance. But you'd better call Social Security to find out if there's a penalty for not pre-registering prior to either turning 65. There's a lot of detail you don't want to miss on that.

You do have to register for Medicare prior to age 65 even if you are active. Your primary will not change, the Medicare coverage will be secondary.

No big deal...till you retire...once you and your spouse turns 65 Medicare becomes your primary, under Team Care there are no supplemental coverage. In other areas or conferences I believe you carry over some coverages, purely a negotiated benefit.

542thruNthru

You do have to register for Medicare prior to age 65 even if you are active. Your primary will not change, the Medicare coverage will be secondary.

No big deal...till you retire...once you and your spouse turns 65 Medicare becomes your primary, under Team Care there are no supplemental coverage. In other areas or conferences I believe you carry over some coverages, purely a negotiated benefit.
Teamcare doesn't supplement your Medicare when you turn 65 in the central region?