Dedicated Bubblehead and BigUnionGuy argument thread

oldngray

nowhere special
I prefer "Point/Counterpoint" to argument...

....thinking that we have, for the most part, been respectful to each other???

I like to think our interactions are indictative of the changing climate of our "Union"....in the "Union Issues" Forum.

Not sure if @PEmechanic just needs to change the batteries in his mouse, or if he's still running a defunct version of Windows Vista that has left him without the ability to scroll up and down?

Perhaps we should start a GoFundMe account for him?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I don't know if I should be flattered, or just assume it's a slow news day.

Slightly disappointed, that @Bubblehead took 1st billing in the thread title.

:biggrin:

When are @Bubblehead and @BigUnionGuy going to join this thread and hash out their differences?? I just made a big thing of popcorn and am waiting for the show to start. Side bets to who wins the heavyweight bout?

The only differences we have are who we support politically.

When it comes to representational issues or contract language, we are rarely

off by much. All most to the point.... I don't need to chime in on every post he

makes, because his experience as a Steward is evident.

I like to think our interactions are indictative of the changing climate of our "Union"....in the "Union Issues" Forum.

Yep.

Bubble and I have had several conversations through PM's and they have been

nothing but cordial, with an emphasis on exchanging information.

So..... these aren't the droids you're looking for.

Move along.

-Bug-

Not sure if @PEmechanic just needs to change the batteries in his mouse, or if he's still running a defunct version of Windows Vista that has left him without the ability to scroll up and down?

Perhaps we should start a GoFundMe account for him?

Point/counterpoint, scholarly debate, whatever you want to call it. My only issue with it is that it finds its way into every update thread with the same info back and forth until suddenly bam there’s 20 pages of nothing but you two pointing and counterpointing ever more generally with the original topic of the thread disappearing into the rear view.

Not saying you two don’t have good points or that your back and forth isn’t informative, but I think we can keep it from sprawling into every thread.

Some people just want to know what’s going on.

I attend our local meetings when I’m able with my work schedule (nights including one weekend night) I’ve talked with my BA, I did talk with my shop steward, but it seems like I know more than they do about what’s going on in other locals just from reading on here trying to stay informed. If they know anything about central PA, western PA, 243, or 804 they sure aren’t sharing it. In fact the only reason I originally knew about any contention with the new contract at all was because of this forum. All the mechanics in our shop were encouraged to vote yes and all of them not at top pay are still mad that they’re waiting on raise/backpay and have no clue what they’re waiting on besides “some stuck up drivers or something.”

Our local is pretty absent, at least so far as I’ve seen. But sometimes it gets a bit challenging to pick out relevant info when every thread devoted to the topic gets turned into a debate between you two about something else, then since we’re already off topic someone says something about TDU shills, then 10 guys make jokes about how their hub got backpay and/or traded everyone else’s backpay for beards, etc. Then we have another new thread about the same thing 500 times a week because the old threads are filled with off topic and generally not directly useful information, then we have everyone exasperated about the dumb newb who wants their backpay, and the cycle repeats.

Now, that out of the way, my concern is not backpay. To date I’m owed ~$8000 backpay less taxes and whatever back dues are taken out of it. That’s great, I’m living the way I’ve been living all along and I’m well within my means and content to let that come when it comes. What I want to know is what’s going on in the locals where they didn’t get a big brown and gold **** rammed (all the way) up their *** the first time. And y’all in particular make that information harder to find than it needs to be.

@BigUnionGuy, sorry, next time I’ll put your name first.

Great, I’m off my soapbox now, going back to reading and only rarely ever commenting.

And yes, a gofundme would be great

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Point/counterpoint, scholarly debate, whatever you want to call it. My only issue with it is that it finds its way into every update thread with the same info back and forth until suddenly bam there’s 20 pages of nothing but you two pointing and counterpointing ever more generally with the original topic of the thread disappearing into the rear view.

Not saying you two don’t have good points or that your back and forth isn’t informative, but I think we can keep it from sprawling into every thread.

I attend our local meetings when I’m able with my work schedule (nights including one weekend night) I’ve talked with my BA, I did talk with my shop steward, but it seems like I know more than they do about what’s going on in other locals just from reading on here trying to stay informed. If they know anything about central PA, western PA, 243, or 804 they sure aren’t sharing it. In fact the only reason I originally knew about any contention with the new contract at all was because of this forum. All the mechanics in our shop were encouraged to vote yes and all of them not at top pay are still mad that they’re waiting on raise/backpay and have no clue what they’re waiting on besides “some stuck up drivers or something.”

Our local is pretty absent, at least so far as I’ve seen. But sometimes it gets a bit challenging to pick out relevant info when every thread devoted to the topic gets turned into a debate between you two about something else, then since we’re already off topic someone says something about TDU shills, then 10 guys make jokes about how their hub got backpay and/or traded everyone else’s backpay for beards, etc. Then we have another new thread about the same thing 500 times a week because the old threads are filled with off topic and generally not directly useful information, then we have everyone exasperated about the dumb newb who wants their backpay, and the cycle repeats.

Now, that out of the way, my concern is not backpay. To date I’m owed ~$8000 backpay less taxes and whatever back dues are taken out of it. That’s great, I’m living the way I’ve been living all along and I’m well within my means and content to let that come when it comes. What I want to know is what’s going on in the locals where they didn’t get a big brown and gold **** rammed (all the way) up their *** the first time. And y’all in particular make that information harder to find than it needs to be.

Great, I’m off my soapbox now, going back to reading and only rarely ever commenting.

Do you see what you just did???

You just posted us a bunch of crap that many of us don't really care to read either.
Welcome to the Internet World of blogs and chat forums....and no hard feelings, truly.

But let's face it, you (and the countless "where is my back pay" thread starters) don't want to know whats going on and why it is going on, you just want someone to tell you what you want to hear...."your check is in the mail".

I hate to be the one to break it to you, this site is NOT a credible source of information, unless you familiarize yourself with those who contribute and develop a "filter" for what is relevant to you.

....and that can't be done by trying to stifle those outside your perceived comfort zone.
It just doesn't work that way in venues like this that encourage open participation, sorry.

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

I respect @cheryl and the mods, for being very tolerant.

Unless requested.... threads rarely stay on topic, for very long.

It's just the nature of the Forum.

Don't let it bother you.

Just as an example (on more than one occasion)

I would jump @Indecisi0n.... for what I perceived as juvenile, petty, immature

"toilet humor" that I thought, had no place here.

Some times it's funny.

Other times.... it's a stretch.

But, I'll read it.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I respect @cheryl and the mods, for being very tolerant.

Unless requested.... threads rarely stay on topic, for very long.

It's just the nature of the Forum.

Don't let it bother you.

Just as an example (on more than one occasion)

I would jump @Indecisi0n.... for what I perceived as juvenile, petty, immature

"toilet humor" that I thought, had no place here.

Some times it's funny.

Other times.... it's a stretch.

But, I'll read it.

-Bug-
Some of the best, most educational threads on this site are the ones that twist and turn, exploring multiple tangents, offering perspectives not considered otherwise.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I don't know if I should be flattered, or just assume it's a slow news day.

Slightly disappointed, that @Bubblehead took 1st billing in the thread title.

:biggrin:

The only differences we have are who we support politically.

When it comes to representational issues or contract language, we are rarely

off by much. All most to the point.... I don't need to chime in on every post he

makes, because his experience as a Steward is evident.

Yep.

Bubble and I have had several conversations through PM's and they have been

nothing but cordial, with an emphasis on exchanging information.

So..... these aren't the droids you're looking for.

Move along.

-Bug-
I'm sure you are flattered. But I doubt your head can swell much more. Lol.

F

Frankie's Friend

Shot ur wad on that one.

F

Frankie's Friend

I spent it!
Hookers and blow?
Twice as much blow and upgraded on the hooker???
Some of the best, most educational threads on this site are the ones that twist and turn, exploring multiple tangents, offering perspectives not considered otherwise.
How 'bout you @BigUnionGuy ? There's always room for one more post and...

you're up next.

Care to add to this guy's relevant thread?

F

Frankie's Friend

Do you see what you just did???

You just posted us a bunch of crap that many of us don't really care to read either.
Welcome to the Internet World of blogs and chat forums....and no hard feelings, truly.

But let's face it, you (and the countless "where is my back pay" thread starters) don't want to know whats going on and why it is going on, you just want someone to tell you what you want to hear...."your check is in the mail".

I hate to be the one to break it to you, this site is NOT a credible source of information, unless you familiarize yourself with those who contribute and develop a "filter" for what is relevant to you.

....and that can't be done by trying to stifle those outside your perceived comfort zone.
It just doesn't work that way in venues like this that encourage open participation, sorry.
I've never known a mechanic to whine about pay.
If they're in the IAM pension fund they can put the Kleenex box down.