Deleted

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
:surrender

This morning I got a call from an attorney calling on behalf of UPS. She was pleasant and asked me in a very clear and logical way to delete the posts made by username Michael Eskew.

I'm also removing Mike Eskew's Mom just because it seems like a good idea...

:helpsmili
Please don't impersonate people here, even if it's for a humorous or satirical effect. That is one of the terms of service for using this site.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation...

M

Miguel Eschew

This morning I got a call from an attorney calling on behalf of UPS. She was pleasant and asked me in a very clear and logical way to delete the posts made by username Michael Eskew.

Please don't impersonate people here, even if it's for a humorous or satirical effect. It is one of the terms of service for using this site.

Wow!!!!!!!!!

Sorry.

disneyworld

Please don't impersonate people here, even if it's for a humorous or satirical effect. That is one of the terms of service for using this site.

Big Brother IS watching!!!!!!!!!!!

R

retired

Big Brother IS watching!!!!!!!!!!!
Brown Cafe has been around for a long time and all of the management folks that I know check it regularly. Corporate would be foolish not to have someone monitor this site. The thing is that the users are anonymous unless they choose to identify themselves. As the owner of the site Cheryl is the one who is at risk for the things that we post. I don't blame her for getting nervous when a UPS lawyer calls.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
How did she get your phone number Cheryl? Has your driver/husband ever been talked to about the Brown Cafe?
As the owner of this domain my contact information is public record.

My husband left UPS in 2003. People rarely talked to him about this site when he was working for UPS. The few times it was mentioned to him all the comments that I am aware of were positive.

I'm not a lawyer and do have to rely on our community to report posts that contain internal information or any other problems. That's the good thing about our community, someone usually lets me know when something that can become a problem is posted. The lawyer that called me was very professional and approached the issue in a friendly and reasonable way. I'd rather get a friendly phone call than a lawyer letter any day...

disneyworld

As the owner of this domain my contact information is public record.

My husband left UPS in 2003. People rarely talked to him about this site when he was working for UPS. The few times it was mentioned to him all the comments that I am aware of were positive.

I'm not a lawyer and do have to rely on our community to report posts that contain internal information or any other problems. That's the good thing about our community, someone usually lets me know when something is posted that can become a problem. The lawyer that called was very professional and approached the issue in a friendly and reasonable way. I'd rather get a friendly phone call than a lawyer letter any day...
Did the words "cease and desist" come into the conversation?

Keepingthemhonest

Bring'n sexy back
hahaha, for any corp rat potentially reading this, dispite my limited complaints, I love ups just not certain people running it. If they wanna start hitting fiscal goals they should fire big brother and worry about staffing up to service our customers instead of what some kid posts impersonating someone as a joke.IMO

local804

I agree UPS as a corporation should worry about other things than a little fun on a non-ups run post board. Here is a few things to think about....
1. 100 years of service and we still manage to forget to unload trailers in yards.
2."keep the high volume belt running at all times" Even though its backed up to California and packages are getting crushed,smashed and falling off the belts,UPS supervisors think its better to pay $2000. in claims than to have their employees work an extra 10 minutes and mess up their numbers.
Thats called penny wise and dollar foolish.
3. Do as I say and not as I do rule. UPS management want seatbelt on all times, bulk head door closed all times, getting out and checking before backing, waiting 3-5 seconds at every stop sign, out of sight out of weather, ect ect. Have you ever seen a sup follow all of their rules? there are a few but the majority do not.
4. ERI - Why bother taking it if nothing is ever going to change?
5. 5 seeing habits- Lets be serious'
6- All good kids like milk GTFO
7-Start us at 9:15, give us 15 air stops and send us messages at 10:15 telling us no late air?
8-Taking money from our paychecks for the united way and in Newsday the United way thanks Bruce Trot&^&$% from UPS for his 300,000 donation?
9-Health and safety commity is 2 words- we hear alot about safety, but how about our health? Clean you inside of your cab on Monday......See what happens when you wipe your fingers on it on Tuesday. The same thing thats on that dash is in your lungs with that diesel exhaust. How many times a day do you shift your gearshifter. UPS NEVER EVER says anything about repeditive motion and wear and tear of your joints over time. They just tell you to stretch and flex ( BUT NOT on a OJS)
I could go on for hours but I wont
Enjoy your day Mr UPS corporate web browser and I hope you have a good golf outing this Friday.

Leftinbuilding

Cheryl, you mentioned your husband leaving UPS in 2003. Did you ever work for UPS? Some of your posts seem to indicate more than "hearsay" knowledge of UPS.

DS

Fenderbender
es·chew
premium.gif
thinsp.png
/ɛsˈtʃu/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[es-choo] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –verb (used with object) to abstain or keep away from; shun; avoid: to eschew evil.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Did the words "cease and desist" come into the conversation?
Nothing like that, she was courteous and simply stated their concerns.

I thought the "Michael" and "Mikes mom" posts were great!

(Sorry for my part in that...)

You did the right thing, Cheryl.
I thought it was funny too but then it went too far with the racial stuff on the quiz. The quiz web site must have also been contacted because the quiz has been deleted too...

Cheryl, you mentioned your husband leaving UPS in 2003. Did you ever work for UPS? Some of your posts seem to indicate more than "hearsay" knowledge of UPS.
Nope, I've never worked for UPS.

trickpony1

If what every one on this thread says is true then I can rightfully call the other two guys with my name (listed in phone book of my city) and respectfully, clearly and politely request they remove their names and "cease and desist" any future listings of the same.

I, too, would think corporate would have something better to do but.......I guess not.

tieguy

Banned
Wow, that is surprising. You think UPS would worry about bigger issues than UPSer's poking some fun. Talk about thin skin!

I don't think they were too worried or the phone call would not have been so pleasant. While nothing happened it could have gotten out of control. And it is borderline Identity theft.

satellitedriver

Cheryl,
You are a class act. I enjoyed the humor, but understand the reason for pulling the posts.
Still laughing at the "JUNK in a box" video. I catch myself singing it to myself driving down the back roads.
PAX