Delivering on Christmas Day?

MattM

It's always a crapfest the days after peak officially ends. Half our crew is cut, since they're seasonals. And vacations open back up.

I thought they were working on making peak officially end mid January in our last Contract talks.

They act like everything goes back to normal midnight Christmas Eve, then our one day off. Reality is, post 'peak' has always been worse around my parts.

We might as well work that day. It may relieve the stress of December 26th- January 6th.

Johney

It's always a crapfest the days after peak officially ends. Half our crew is cut, since they're seasonals. And vacations open back up.

I thought they were working on making peak officially end mid January in our last Contract talks.

They act like everything goes back to normal midnight Christmas Eve, then our one day off. Reality is, post 'peak' has always been worse around my parts.

We might as well work that day. It may relieve the stress of December 26th- January 6th.
Peak here is officially Oct.15-Jan.15.

Wyoming

The Amazon website continues to advertise: Order as late as 24 Dec, get your order for Christmas -- wtf!! Who is supposed to do the delivery?

govols019

You smell that?
My last 3 orders from Amazon have all been delivered by Amazon drivers....all 3 were a day late.

Guess it's not as easy as they thought.

Wyoming

Yes, of course I do, but their limited contractors are no match for the scale of UPS. Let's see the fledgling Amazon force turn out Christmas presents from Christmas Eve orders.

542thruNthru

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
The Amazon website continues to advertise: Order as late as 24 Dec, get your order for Christmas -- wtf!! Who is supposed to do the delivery?

They are.

That is for Prime members only and only on eligible items for same-day delivery.

If you order on the 24th they will be delivered on the 24th, Christmas Eve, the same day that we're delivering.