Delivering to customers later out of spite

Indecisi0n

Don't get caught up in customer games. Continue to deliver the cigar shop at a consistent time. The guy may be a pain but pains often will call in a complaint. As far as the office goes, try to get there on time because it beats having a bunch of send agains.
Ditto.

Why go out of your way and increase your stress for some :censored2:? I only go out of my way for good customers. Like mentioned above: the customer that say they need their stuff early you advise of our next day air services. When thy say "that's too damn expensive". Well then I guess it's not that important.

rod

Retired 22 years
There's a lot to be said about "never pissing off the UPS guy" if you are a customer looking for stuff. It used to be easy to loose a package for a day or two. I'm sure its harder now but I bet it could be done.

PT Car Washer

There's a lot to be said about "never pissing off the UPS guy" if you are a customer looking for stuff. It used to be easy to loose a package for a day or two. I'm sure its harder now but I bet it could be done.
Called a misload or an off SPA or an LIB or address correction. Ask your Center Management team. They have a list of why packages are service failures and it is not my fault.

barnyard

KTM rider
We have a greenhouse out in the country that is in a border country, where it could be on 4 different routes. 1 route delivers before noon, 2 of them between 1500 and 1600 and the other where you have to break trace to get there at 16:55. She complains to every driver that delivers that she should be the 1st to get her deliveries. She made one driver cry.

Her house is right next to her business and she screams when someone delivers stuff to her house instead of the business. She screams even louder when stuff addressed to the greenhouse is RTSd because it is closed for the season. Even after it was pointed out that we cannot deliver things to her house, per her command.

When I am on any route that delivers to her, I get there at 16:57. The last time I was there, after she was done ranting about the late delivery, I said, "Well, you attract more flies with honey, just sayin."

Her posted hours at 10a-5p and she routinely locks the door at 16:45. I knock softly and start writing up a delivery notice. Sometimes she gets to the door before I leave, sometimes not.

I used to let her bother me. Not anymore.

wayfair

swollen member
I've been getting my choice delivery instructions to leave at door, on patio, or the office...
I've talked with the folks who want their stuff left in the breezway and/or open patio, that it would be a prime target of theft. Some understand, some don't give a eff, just leave it... trips me out that if you know its an open area dr spot, kids get bored and you know steal scheet

margaritaville

I have a guy that is a condescending :censored2: on a route i do. But i dont feel like showing up late cuz then he will prob just put me in a bad mood with his bitching. Easier to just go "here" and "bye." Maybe ill just give his business a bad yelp review or something..

undies

A woman yelled at me and called to complain that I was blocking her driveway. I was there for about 2 minutes while making some deliveries. It's hard not to take that kind of thing personally, at least for me. I won't ever forget her, or her address.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I've been getting my choice delivery instructions to leave at door, on patio, or the office...
I've talked with the folks who want their stuff left in the breezway and/or open patio, that it would be a prime target of theft. Some understand, some don't give a eff, just leave it... trips me out that if you know its an open area dr spot, kids get bored and you know steal scheet

We are still expected to follow DR methods and can override the location chosen by the consignee.

tapatio75

asked my boss about that and he said to leave package/s where the board tells you. Unless customer is home than MC
I get a bunch of those when I deliver to some buildings with a mailroom, doorman or cleaners, "leave with ______" I mean, hello, they're still going to get their pckg anyways, I just answer NO

tapatio75

I have one doorman, the regular driver delivers him by 9 because is next to a big dump stop, so if a new guy is learning that route or we are running late for some reason to deliver the ndas, he won't get a del until later, and he starts crying and trying to give us a hard time bla bla bla, a few weeks ago I del at 4 so I wouldnt deal with him and they wanted to refused them, I told them is residential, you are not my priority until I del the commercial

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yep had a real bitch at a post office tell me I had to be there by 10 so they could get their stuff out same day. This was peak on a split route. Obviously not the same set up as the regular guy.

They close at 4. She got her stuff at 3:55 for a week straight and was suddenly very happy to get it before noon after that.

Brownslave688

Don't get caught up in customer games. Continue to deliver the cigar shop at a consistent time. The guy may be a pain but pains often will call in a complaint. As far as the office goes, try to get there on time because it beats having a bunch of send agains.
I disagree. This is how you end up with terrible customers. We have to be in charge of the situation. I refuse to let a customer tell me how to do my job.

Brownslave688

We have a greenhouse out in the country that is in a border country, where it could be on 4 different routes. 1 route delivers before noon, 2 of them between 1500 and 1600 and the other where you have to break trace to get there at 16:55. She complains to every driver that delivers that she should be the 1st to get her deliveries. She made one driver cry.

Her house is right next to her business and she screams when someone delivers stuff to her house instead of the business. She screams even louder when stuff addressed to the greenhouse is RTSd because it is closed for the season. Even after it was pointed out that we cannot deliver things to her house, per her command.

When I am on any route that delivers to her, I get there at 16:57. The last time I was there, after she was done ranting about the late delivery, I said, "Well, you attract more flies with honey, just sayin."

Her posted hours at 10a-5p and she routinely locks the door at 16:45. I knock softly and start writing up a delivery notice. Sometimes she gets to the door before I leave, sometimes not.

I used to let her bother me. Not anymore.
This sounds like a residential delivery to me. Seperate entrances?