Delivering to storage units

BrownTexas

I for sure wouldn't SDN them. If I would either DR residential and treat it like an apartment, or I would have the office sign first as LA Resi and then deliver to locker.

billerz

I release them to the unit, if it needs a sig then I'll get one from the office when I bring the keys back.
I wish more storage places let us just drop the stuff at the office.

margaritaville

I had a recent issue with a storage lady being useless. I arrived as she was about to show some people a unit and she goes, "ill be back in 5minutes can you wait here?" I said "sorry, no ill try later." She couldn't spend an extra 5 seconds to grab me the key and wanted me to wait around. So i come back later since i had time and she goes "i just clocked for break can you come back in 30minutes." So i said, "no i can't i wont be in the area." And that point i was forced to sheet the unit as not in1. And for some reason the storage unit forced access point on me so whoever owned the unit is probably pissed he had to go get it from a ups store but atleast i tried...

Overpaid Union Thug

What is proper protocol here. Drop at the desk and get a sig or get a key and do everything yourself?
Here we aren't supposed to deliver to the actual storage storage units. Drop at office and their customers can come move the stuff to their units themselves. I was told it was because of liability. Particularly when trusted with a key.

I like it that way. Quick and easy. No waiting around for keys and making several trips to the office.

Grey

Here we aren't supposed to deliver to the actual storage storage units. Drop at office and their customers can come move the stuff to their units themselves. I was told it was because of liability. Particularly when trusted with a key.

I like it that way. Quick and easy. No waiting around for keys and making several trips to the office.

That is the most logical way but some of the employees that work for the storage company are lazy AF and won't sign unless we take them ourselves. Is there something in writing that states we leave the pckgs with the person who signs for it?

Box Ox

I had a recent issue with a storage lady being useless. I arrived as she was about to show some people a unit and she goes, "ill be back in 5minutes can you wait here?" I said "sorry, no ill try later." She couldn't spend an extra 5 seconds to grab me the key and wanted me to wait around.

I tell 'em it's no problem and I'll come back tomorrow. Pull out the pen/Infonotices and start sheeting up. Works every time. No time for people who can't understand they're not my only customer. Especially when running ORION. Can only clean up after it so much.

NXA

I had a recent issue with a storage lady being useless. I arrived as she was about to show some people a unit and she goes, "ill be back in 5minutes can you wait here?" I said "sorry, no ill try later." She couldn't spend an extra 5 seconds to grab me the key and wanted me to wait around. So i come back later since i had time and she goes "i just clocked for break can you come back in 30minutes." So i said, "no i can't i wont be in the area." And that point i was forced to sheet the unit as not in1. And for some reason the storage unit forced access point on me so whoever owned the unit is probably :censored2: he had to go get it from a ups store but atleast i tried...
If it's a business, CL1 not NI1, that way no NXA.

I don't mess with the storage unit managers. If they won't sign for the packages I left in a unit on their property, I might SDN the first time, but after that, CL1, 2, 3. Unless specifically instructed to release.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
I get the keys, and DR them in the units. The office will not sign for their "tenants"

Its a commercial stop!! Sheet them just like an apartment complex. Room number is unit number. Give me the keys and open the gates I will deliver to the unit then come back for a pre-recorded LA stop. If manager won't sign its a closed 1,2 then 3. They can argue with their customers for all I care. "please sign here I have to go in 3,2 1" gets a sig everytime.

porkwagon

Its a commercial stop!! Sheet them just like an apartment complex. Room number is unit number. Give me the keys and open the gates I will deliver to the unit then come back for a pre-recorded LA stop. If manager won't sign its a closed 1,2 then 3. They can argue with their customers for all I care. "please sign here I have to go in 3,2 1" gets a sig everytime.
They won't sign.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That is the most logical way but some of the employees that work for the storage company are lazy AF and won't sign unless we take them ourselves. Is there something in writing that states we leave the pckgs with the person who signs for it?

Normally you would do just that but if you are delivering to individual storage units and the office manager has agreed to sign for all of the packages you would treat the delivery as an indirect. The office manager accepts liability for the packages when he/she signs for them.