Delivering to storage units

JL 0513

Do you sheet them as individual stops and then do a multiple left at with the front desk?

Up until recently, you would just DR to each unit as separate stops. Now with it being flagged a business it is asking for a sig, so we ask the front deak to sign and usually they're fine with it. Most days, you might just get 1 or 2 units.

Most of the usual ones I see are people with businesses and they need extra storage so it is often a bulk stop. Leaving a bulk stop at the front desk wouldn't fly.

Tough Guy

Up until recently, you would just DR to each unit as separate stops. Now with it being flagged a business it is asking for a sig, so we ask the front deak to sign and usually they're fine with it. Most days, you might just get 1 or 2 units.

Most of the usual ones I see are people with businesses and they need extra storage so it is often a bulk stop. Leaving a bulk stop at the front desk wouldn't fly.

I would make it fly ;)

wayfair

swollen member
I delivered to a storage place where there were 7 different people that stocked those effing plush animal crane games
custom-crane1.jpg

They'd load up an old 800 full. what sucked is that the loader wouldn't separate the different unit numbers so you'd have to handle all of the boxes a few times to get it done.
Some would get up to 50 boxes.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I delivered to a storage place where there were 7 different people that stocked those effing plush animal crane games
custom-crane1.jpg

They'd load up an old 800 full. what sucked is that the loader wouldn't separate the different unit numbers so you'd have to handle all of the boxes a few times to get it done.
Some would get up to 50 boxes.

You want your loader to separate bulk stops for the same storage unit facility by storage unit number? Really?

FilingBluesFL

Unbelievable. You make me sick

Dave is more than happy to do things HIS way to his benefit, and then when it comes to others that have a question, THEY must be by the book. But not Dave. Dave has his own book.

--------------------

There are a few different storage companies in our area. The PS one is, of course, the one that demands we bring stuff to the locker. Because it's a "liability" for their employee's to do it for some reason.

The one in our area, has a XEROX rep in one of the units. All of his boxes of toner cartridges are SHIPPER RELEASE.

I can assure you, if I'm ever on that route, somehow those dang SHIPPER RELEASE boxes all end up outside their locked office door while they are on their lunch break......

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I had one yrs ago, the previous driver would go to the office and get the unit keys and go to each locker. Screw that, what happens if something comes up missing from the units? I got LP involved and ended that nonsense. Left everything at the office after some initial problems

Overpaid Union Thug

I had one yrs ago, the previous driver would go to the office and get the unit keys and go to each locker. Screw that, what happens if something comes up missing from the units? I got LP involved and ended that nonsense. Left everything at the office after some initial problems
I'm so glad my OCS told me everything goes to the office. It's definitely a liability for us to take them to the units. Mine (storage unit office guy) has the renters come pick them up but sometimes they'll accumulate in the office. He told me today that they really aren't supposed to take more than two. I said no problem. We'll send the rest back.