Democratic National Convention

av8torntn

As for the talk about the bounce from the convention, since there are only about 5% undecided (how anyone can be undecided and struggling with this is beyond me , but i digress)I think the real bounce with be unstoppable IF THE JOBS NUMBERS ARE BIG TOMORROW!! ADP reported today that 200k private sector jobs were created in August. If the job numbers are close to that number THIS RACE IS OVER!! If the numbers are under 100K, he is in trouble. With electoral map looking better for Obama, unless something HUGE happens, these numbers we see this weekend might just be what we see on Nov 6!!

I think that there is some truth to this but I wouldn't hang it all on one jobs report but it will be a very large factor.

804brown

If that is the released number...how is 200k good. 1% would be 230 k of those unemployed. 23 million are who are unemployed. I bet the rest dont think that is very good. And that is not in manufacturing, the place we need to build, or is it?
Now if you go to S dakota, geez who is hiring there, Gas and energy, not wind, solar, and bs.

First the 200K number was way bigger than most expected. Second, new claims for jobless fell 12k for last week. And lastly, "planned job cuts" (dont you just love these terms)fell to a 20 month low. Stock market reacted big time to those numbers!! We'll see.

brett636

Did it bother you so much that Bush Jr. also abused cocaine and was an alcoholic?

Where did I say it bothered me or not? Most people understand that drug habits like that aren't cheap, so if he could only afford a car with a rusted out floor to pick up Michelle in how could he afford the drugs he was using? Was he on a drug induced high when he bought the wrong size shoes because as someone who has purchased a pair of shoes or two I can tell you its not hard to find the right size pair. Why is someone with this questionable history worthy of being re-elected to the white house?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
First two polls post convention week show OBAMA +3 and Romney losing -3 on Rassmussen.

Romney started the week at a +4 on Rassmussen and a tie on Gallup. THATS A BOUNCE FOR OBAMA...!!!

AV8, thats what a bounce looks like.

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
A thought regarding women.....

Sandra Fluke was treated like a rock star for demanding that taxpayers pay for her birth control....then there was Palin, who had a Down Syndrome baby and she was dragged all over hell.
I don't get it.

BrownArmy

Why is someone with this questionable history worthy of being re-elected to the white house?

Which is why I brought up Bush.

Obama's previous abuse of drugs seems to bother you, but (my guess is) you voted for Bush in his second term reelection bid, even with his previous abuse of drugs and alcohol.

Look, you're obviously not going to vote for Obama, no problem, but you seem to be applying a double-standard.

(If you actually voted for John Kerry, nevermind).

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I am really trying to reconcile all this crap.
OK someone can use drugs, make mistakes and go on to a successful life, seen it.
I dont think they should be continually punished all their adults lives for mistakes made as teens, or misdirected young adults.
I could care no less that Clinton didnt inhale. I think he should have.
Most people learn from mistakes, if they dont they are losers.
I do wonder why Ted Kennedy didnt get punishment for leaving a woman in a car to die. I wasnt very old when this happened but what I read of it makes me ill. Accidents happen, I just think instead of a big cover up which he never paid for, he should have taken responsibility. He is dead now, not good to bash, but did he ever lose a nights sleep. I know I would have. He always seemed so bitter. And he died of brain cancer, I think it was karma. It doesnt matter which political persuasion he was, it was wrong.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Best cartoon of the month!

118312_600.jpg

bbsam

Staff member
Funny thing is that Paul Ryan is still trying to suck up to Clinton Democrats. Wonder what Bill has to do to make Ryan understand he supports Obama?