denied workmans comp

canam450

well i was held at gunpoint for 20 or so minutes while i was driving the ups truck and ive been going to counseling since.. i just got denied workmans comp because i didnt get injured thats our state law.. now i have to take part time disability and ive been off for almost 3 months..is there anything else i can do since i was actually on the job when it happened and i didnt get physically hurt but i am mentally now from this

Raw

Raw Member
well i was held at gunpoint for 20 or so minutes while i was driving the ups truck and ive been going to counseling since.. i just got denied workmans comp because i didnt get injured thats our state law.. now i have to take part time disability and ive been off for almost 3 months..is there anything else i can do since i was actually on the job when it happened and i didnt get physically hurt but i am mentally now from this
You need to man up! The world is a rough place. :happy-very:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Get a lawyer and do exactly what he/she tells you and will get paid....in about ten years.

RustyPMcG

What the law is in any particular state is a difficult question to address. I would say the question is "who" told you that this kind of injury isn't covered in your state.

It's probably a good idea to get an attorney to deal with the appeal of your claim. You may also want to talk to your doctor about the denial, as it could be just a technical problem on his/her fault. And you might also want to discuss how actively fighting the denial might be helpful or detrimental to your thearapy.

Example: If your doctor thinks fighting back will empower you, simply consulting an attorney, and then fighting it yourself might be the way to go. Or not. It may be better for your recovery if you find an attorney you can trust, and let them work for you.

But no matter how active you can or will be in the appeal process, I think it's important to appeal it. My unprofessional gut feeling is that letting them deny your claim without a fight isn't good for you financially, or healthwise, either.

Best of luck.

rod

Retired 22 years

In a perfect world you should be able to hold a gun on who ever denied your claim and see how they feel about it-----but in the mean time get a lawyer.

You definitely need a lawyer. They denied my worker's comp for an on the job injury and I had to hire an attorney. Don't wait any longer. Do this now. You've waited long enough.

pretzel_man

Isn't it funny how supervisors can go out on stress, and probably not miss a check, but the hourly can't?

Isn't the question whether its workers comp?? I don't think mangement can go out on stress and call it workers comp either

As far as I know, UPS does not make the workers comp decision for either hourly or management.

bluehdmc

Isn't the question whether its workers comp?? I don't think mangement can go out on stress and call it workers comp either

As far as I know, UPS does not make the workers comp decision for either hourly or management.

It seems to be directly related to an on the job incident, so it should be covered. Of course as the movie the "Rainmaker" put it, the first response to a claim is Deny!

UPSGUY72

First you must understand UPS didn't deny you Workmans Comp your state Workmans comp insurance did. You have the right to apeal any denial of benifts. I found this web site that should help you out it gives you details on every states workmans comp policies. But you need to contact a workmans comp Attorney.

http://www.workerscompensation.com/

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Don't give up so easy ... contrary to popular opinion, the government makes you work to get their money. They always deny your claim (no matter what it is) and make you jump through hoops. You are dealing with bureaucrats and you need to develop a good relationship with your contact - be nice to the person, compliment if appropriate and find something in common to "chat" about. Once you get your contact on your side, it starts to get easier.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
well i was held at gunpoint for 20 or so minutes while i was driving the ups truck and ive been going to counseling since.. I just got denied workmans comp because i didnt get injured thats our state law.. Now i have to take part time disability and ive been off for almost 3 months..is there anything else i can do since i was actually on the job when it happened and i didnt get physically hurt but i am mentally now from this
Get a lawyer, now!!!

what the law is in any particular state is a difficult question to address. I would say the question is "who" told you that this kind of injury isn't covered in your state.

It's probably a good idea to get an attorney to deal with the appeal of your claim. You may also want to talk to your doctor about the denial, as it could be just a technical problem on his/her fault. And you might also want to discuss how actively fighting the denial might be helpful or detrimental to your thearapy.

Example: If your doctor thinks fighting back will empower you, simply consulting an attorney, and then fighting it yourself might be the way to go. Or not. It may be better for your recovery if you find an attorney you can trust, and let them work for you.

But no matter how active you can or will be in the appeal process, i think it's important to appeal it. My unprofessional gut feeling is that letting them deny your claim without a fight isn't good for you financially, or healthwise, either.

Best of luck.
Well said!!!

in a perfect world you should be able to hold a gun on who ever denied your claim and see how they feel about it-----but in the mean time get a lawyer.
I don't disagree with rod.

i think you should man up by getting a lawyer.
Touché!

isn't the question whether its workers comp?? I don't think mangement can go out on stress and call it workers comp either

as far as i know, ups does not make the workers comp decision for either hourly or management.
Regardless, this person was assaulted ON THE JOB and needs/deserves what ever help is available for them to get a grip.

CRASH501

First you must understand UPS didn't deny you Workmans Comp your state Workmans comp insurance did. You have the right to apeal any denial of benifts. I found this web site that should help you out it gives you details on every states workmans comp policies. But you need to contact a workmans comp Attorney.

http://www.workerscompensation.com/
BS.....we all know UPS' insurance carriers are puppets on the BIG BROWN STRINGS! They do as they are instructed !.
and yet it fascinates me that my home state allows me to carry a firearm yet UPS policy is NO weapons of any kind . I have never had a reason to carry @ work but know someone who was also robbed and held at gunpoint during peak along with his helper they were duct taped and placed in rear of the truck . This guy also attepted a stress related comp 9 years ago and was denied ! Hwe is now in feeders

Last edited:

ups1990

Man, here in California, drivers and management alike are out on stress leave for numerous reasons; financial hardship, work relates stress, family issues....

Every person deals with a stressful experience differently as someones else under the same circumstances. People file lawsuits for being trapped inside an elevator that stopped operating, your case was more extreme that this. Hopefully, you can get the help you need as soon as possible.