dental plan cover braces?

newbie62

I'm scheduled to start training next week as a part time air driver. Does the UPS dental plan cover braces? How long does the coverage take to kick in?

Thanks!

UPSGUY72

Do you currently work PT at UPS ????? If not you are getting hired as a casual drive, you don't get insurance. If you are currently a PT UPS employee then contact your HR person and they can tell you or give you the information of who to contact to find out.

Asking that question on BC is going to get you 20 different anwsers because each area is covered under different health insurance plans.

Where I work they only cover up to $2000 for braces

Spiderman

Package Slinger
Do you currently work PT at UPS ????? If not you are getting hired as a casual drive, you don't get insurance. If you are currently a PT UPS employee then contact your HR person and they can tell you or give you the information of who to contact to find out.

Asking that question on BC is going to get you 20 different anwsers because each area is covered under different health insurance plans.

Where I work they only cover up to $2000 for braces

$1800 here

$3000.00 here.
You were right, 72, and to top it off, part timers insurance differs from full timers.

newbie62

I should have clarified, the braces are for my kids. I worked as a driver's helper over the Christmas season, and was offered the air driver position after that. I don't know what a "casual drive" is, but was assuming based on conversations with the center manager that I would get part time benefits? I wasn't aware that plans differed from location to location, so will talk to the folks here locally to figure out what's what. Thanks for the reply!

UPSGUY72

I have some bad news for you no matter where you are working benifits for PT works don't start for a year after your hire date for the employee and 18 months for dependents. Also are you working PT inside the building either on the local sort or preload??? If not you are a casual driver you don't qualify for benifits they are going to lay you off before the end of the year. If you want Health insurance benifits you need to get hired as a full time PT worker either on the preload or local sort.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
On march 1 my insurance is no longer covering braces, among many other things, my local is switching plans for the worse, but I'm glad my son acquire brace 6 months ago.