Depth of knowledge bs.

bigblu 2 you

thats why im voting no.i have worked safely 20+ years before this came in.now they think your unsafe to work without "depth of knowledge".just another tool used for the stranglehold they have on us.this combined with telematics.300+methods,and the barage of verbal abuse that seems to grow weekly makes me sick.we have made this company 4 billion in profit and growing and have to memorize jargon.?

jaker

trolling
You guys are looking at it wrong , ups doesn't really care about safety

The guy in the cubicle who was told by his third boss said , we need some safety phases and have to find something for SUP's to do all day

Long and behold DOK was born

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Mechanics are "harassed" with it as well. Mindless regurgitation and assimilation are two different things. I would prefer to utilise the time I have at my disposal in a more productive mannner rather than feel rushed and possibly less safe.

Saus90

If you all are under the impression Supervisor's do DOK to "Harass" you drivers, then all I can say is wow. DOK is not something that the On-Road Sups just think up and say to themselves "Hey, this look like fun lets try this today." All the DOK you do is tracked, graded, filed, and reports made off of to be given to their bosses so they can in fact be "harassed" about how you guys who "apply" it everyday, cant even stumble through the five seeing habits without confusing Get the big picture for Leave yourself an out. Poor poor drivers, getting PAID 40 dollars in hour to come in and fill out two pages of DOK. On a side note regardless of our opinions on if memorizing DOK makes you a good driver, Ketter says if you dont know it word for word you fail.

If you all are under the impression Supervisor's do DOK to "Harass" you drivers, then all I can say is wow. DOK is not something that the On-Road Sups just think up and say to themselves "Hey, this look like fun lets try this today." All the DOK you do is tracked, graded, filed, and reports made off of to be given to their bosses so they can in fact be "harassed" about how you guys who "apply" it everyday, cant even stumble through the five seeing habits without confusing Get the big picture for Leave yourself an out. Poor poor drivers, getting PAID 40 dollars in hour to come in and fill out two pages of DOK. On a side note regardless of our opinions on if memorizing DOK makes you a good driver, Ketter says if you dont know it word for word you fail.
Ups owns Ketter

Saus90

UPS doesnt own keter. Keter is an outside Firm hired by UPS to perform safety audits on our facilities and personel instead of being audited by OSHA

Nimnim

The Nim
Ups owns Ketter

There's two reason I'm never bothered by Ketter, one they never show up to a midnight shift, and two if for some reason they do despite the fact management knows I can throw out useless jargon they also know I'll tell them the stuff management doesn't want people saying. Oh yeah I know I shouldn't walk on moving belts slides or rollers, but I see sups do it daily. . .

laffter

I haven't read through this thread, but since we're on the topic of DOK...

In preload, they're having us manually fill out a form now, answering the DOK questions, rather than (or in addition to) "quizzing" us verbally.

Now they can waste more of our time while our slides fill up with packages.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You guys are looking at it wrong , ups doesn't really care about safety

The guy in the cubicle who was told by his third boss said , we need some safety phases and have to find something for SUP's to do all day

Long and behold DOK was born

Here, let me sum it up for guys.
It's about liability (money).
It's always about liability and the money.
UPS has bonded and insured you and if they can document that they trained you to do it in a certain way, then the liability is on you and the insurance, not the company when you have an accident or injury.
When you repeated demonstrate that you don't know the DOK, the company has a harder time making the assertion that you knew better.
It really is that simple.

P.S. Ketter can say pass or fail, it is of no consequence to me as a driver.

slantnosechevy

UPS doesnt own keter. Keter is an outside Firm hired by UPS to perform safety audits on our facilities and personel instead of being audited by OSHA

Still not sure on that because I've gotten different responses from different mngrs. UPS may or may not own them, but who told them what questions to ask? Keter had absolutely no clue how UPS works. Having talked to a few of these guys they told me they were schooled by UPS and told what to ask. They are nothing more than a cheap half arse company being used for a front just like bubble stated.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Anyone else getting sick of this whole depth of knowledge bs? Its like really another idiotic thing to harass your drivers who make you all your profits and work their behinds off for you. Its so kindergarden if you ask me. Sure i get where their coming from on it and all with safety. Thats a no brainer safety. All the drivers apply all of this everyday on their routes thats a given but to ask you to tell it all like mostly close to word for word is just plain old stupid. Im like what do we work at an engineering firm now or something or a at a big braniac nerdball place. We sling boxes and drive a truck it aint that stinkin hard to do as long as you pay attention and know how to do the job and use commonsense you know. Yup just another kindergarden thing to trip on by the idiots. Were grown men and women were not in grade school. Anyway you guys know what to do on the post. Hit it back yall. Some will agree and some will hate its all good everyone is entitled to their own opinion on this forum.
jumpman23,

Just honestly do the best you can.

Many worthwhile responses on this thread.

Sincerely,
I

smart girl

They hide me when audit. However, I have 28 yrs safe driving and was head of 1st real safety committee. I stopped when it looked like the manager was more interested in looking good than the issues. And now they can not figure why so many shoulder injuries in last year and half. What has changed I ask the head of our safety committe? The bulkhead door release, it does not make doors easier to open. In fact now they tell you to line up and pull a certain way? When 200 times a day now do the repetitive motion again crap. On stop at a time doing the methods is all you need to do. Also the use of the word brisk is alluding to a run.

S

serenity now

my bulkhead door release works great * don't care for closing against the spring tension, but then..........................

it's always something

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Exactly its a lie just like you said. Everything with this company aint nothing but 1 big fat lie and shady stuff 24-7. All this job is anymore is 1 big mind game and thats it. Actually they have me crackin up all the time cause this jobs such a comedy show anymore you know what im sayin lol

Norma

There's two reason I'm never bothered by Ketter, one they never show up to a midnight shift, and two if for some reason they do despite the fact management knows I can throw out useless jargon they also know I'll tell them the stuff management doesn't want people saying. Oh yeah I know I shouldn't walk on moving belts slides or rollers, but I see sups do it daily. . .

Even though UPS tells us Ketter will be coming every 2 weeks, I've seen the actual Ketter people about twice in the past 10 years on the preload. (Not to be confused with the phony safety people they sometimes send around) Same set of guys. I know because this fat dude had an itch and squashed a mosquito on his face. Hard not to laugh in his face, but I'll never forget his face.