Detroit Votes!

Heavy Package

I will be giving much thanks tonight at 12:01AM when the new contract finally becomes in effect and I am due my retro check. No more spam and cup-o-noodles this week, men! I'm taking the missus to Cracker Barrel on Friday night when I punch out and she can have any entrée on the menu. We will be living like kings this weekend. My thanks to all 18% who voted in Local 243 today and many, many thanks to Ken and Jimmy for negotiating the best contract ever. Good night, sleep well, and God Bless UPS and the IBT!

JL 0513

I will be giving much thanks tonight at 12:01AM when the new contract finally becomes in effect and I am due my retro check. No more spam and cup-o-noodles this week, men! I'm taking the missus to Cracker Barrel on Friday night when I punch out and she can have any entrée on the menu. We will be living like kings this weekend. My thanks to all 18% who voted in Local 243 today and many, many thanks to Ken and Jimmy for negotiating the best contract ever. Good night, sleep well, and God Bless UPS and the IBT!

Cracker Barrel! Those entree's are like $10! Lucky wife.

Johney

I interviewed 2 Teamsters from Local 243 today. They made sure to vote.

white-american-men-protest-arab-american-rally-in-dearborn-michigan-BYC1MH.jpg
Egip?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Still doesnt change the fact that about 5% or part timers are aware they are even in a union.

Don't they wonder what that union dues deduction on their pay check is for ?

Or, why they receive things in the mail from the Teamsters ?

I interviewed 2 Teamsters from Local 243 today. They made sure to vote.

There were 2 members that took the time to go vote, but their ballots were voided

because they weren't filled out properly....

F

Frankie's Friend

Don't they wonder what that union dues deduction on their pay check is for ?

Or, why they receive things in the mail from the Teamsters ?

There were 2 members that took the time to go vote, but their ballots were voided

because they weren't filled out properly....
We had a pt member that quit after they got a $19 check because dues werent taken out for several months and the local took them out all together. The initiation fees were being taken out but not the dues so the idiot at the hall decided to catch them up immediately without even calling the member. They said it wasnt their job to notify the member if they were going to get what was theirs.

There's a lot of members at ups. Not everyone has an IQ above 50 (typical of any workforce) and filling out the ballot correctly may challenge some. At least they tried.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
We had a pt member that quit after they got a $19 check because dues werent taken out for several months and the local took them out all together. The initiation fees were being taken out but not the dues so the idiot at the hall decided to catch them up immediately without even calling the member. They said it wasnt their job to notify the member if they were going to get what was theirs.

I can't justify why a Local would choose to do it that way.

That's certainly not the way I would do it.

There's a lot of members at ups. Not everyone has an IQ above 50 (typical of any workforce) and filling out the ballot correctly may challenge some. At least they tried.

Marking yes or no on a ballot is a challenge ?

What probably happened.... they either marked both, none, or they wrote

some sort of snide comment on the ballot. That's the only way it would be void.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
UPS Teamsters covered by the Local 243 Metro/Detroit Supplement Agreement have voted to ratify the agreement. Voting took place today.

Total YES votes: 295 - Percentage YES: 71%
Total NO votes: 121 - Percentage NO: 29%
Total Votes: 416

Click here for PDF: http://ibt.io/243pdf).
Only 416 votes. Is the 243rd just a big center or folks can't read?

F

Frankie's Friend

I can't justify why a Local would choose to do it that way.

That's certainly not the way I would do it.

Marking yes or no on a ballot is a challenge ?

What probably happened.... they either marked both, none, or they wrote

some sort of snide comment on the ballot. That's the only way it would be void.
Well I would just say that the guys initiations fees got paid up and then he quit. That must be a win for the local bank account.

Next donor.

The sad thing was that young man was a great employee and he would have made a great driver had he decided that it was worth the gamble staying at a place where the Union screwed him and never bothered to tell him why.

This isn't just sour grapes. It's the way things are here.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Well I would just say that the guys initiations fees got paid up and then he quit. That must be a win for the local bank account.

Next donor.

Can't say as is blame the guy for quitting after getting that crap pulled. Sad that the local thought it was ok and how do they expect the guy to survive a week on $16?

The sad thing was that young man was a great employee and he would have made a great driver had he decided that it was worth the gamble staying at a place where the Union screwed him and never bothered to tell him why.

This isn't just sour grapes. It's the way things are here.