Detroit Votes!

F

Frankie's Friend

Short term part-time employees.... are things of legend.

The Union didn't ask him to leave.... he did that on his own accord.
They didn't give a crap if he did leave...

and he wouldn't be short term if he didnt get jacked around on his pay. With no explanation.

That is the point.

And, Short term?

Did you even read my post?

F

Frankie's Friend

I thought I did.

A part-time employee quit....
He wanted a long term career as a driver. Maybe I didn't make that clear enough, if so...

That was on me.

He was... well liked.

...And smart enough to fill out a ballot on his own.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
He wanted a long term career as a driver. Maybe I didn't make that clear enough, if so...

That was on me.

He was... well liked.

...And smart enough to fill out a ballot on his own.

Let me get this straight;

Short term part-timer (good guy) that wanted a full-time career. And, didn't have

Union dues properly deducted from his earnings.

When it was discovered.... it was deducted from his pay.

Then, he quit.

F

Frankie's Friend

Let me get this straight;

Short term part-timer (good guy) that wanted a full-time career. And, didn't have

Union dues properly deducted from his earnings.

When it was discovered.... it was deducted from his pay.

Then, he quit.
He got a net $19 check. He came to the steward and asked what the heck?
Steward calls the local and they admitted they needed to get his dues caught up from the previous months since he had started working there at the beginning of the free period. After labor day his initiation fees kicked in but no dues were taken out monthly.

Fast forward 4 months after he gained seniority.

They took everything but $19 of his next weeks pay to start catching the dues up but never let him, the company, nor the steward know that he was going to get hosed for a couple more months to catch up.

It does matter that this employee was a great individual. Actually, his work ethic and attitude was exceptional.

The local union didnt give a crap about this guy. They were just defensive that he owed money and this is how they settled it. No correspondence, nothing.

But hey it gives them another set of initiation fees to garner.

Keep em coming.

Dont forget that we are fighting the war on workers.
Screenshot_20190429-201438_Google.jpg

He got a net $19 check. He came to the steward and asked what the heck?
Steward calls the local and they admitted they needed to get his dues caught up from the previous months since he had started working there at the beginning of the free period. After labor day his initiation fees kicked in but no dues were taken out monthly.

Fast forward 4 months after he gained seniority.

They took everything but $19 of his next weeks pay to start catching the dues up but never let him, the company, nor the steward know that he was going to get hosed for a couple more months to catch up.

It does matter that this employee was a great individual. Actually, his work ethic and attitude was exceptional.

The local union didnt give a crap about this guy. They were just defensive that he owed money and this is how they settled it. No correspondence, nothing.

But hey it gives them another set of initiation fees to garner.

Keep em coming.

Dont forget that we are fighting the war on workers. View attachment 246261
Part time initiation fees need to be capped

F

Frankie's Friend

Part time initiation fees need to be capped
At the least, there should be communication to these MEMBERS so they will understand why they worked all week for $19.

Their compensation sucks for what they do when they are new but short term is the correct term in this and other's case.

F

Frankie's Friend

The only opinion that stays the same is that ups people are spoiled, condescending, (dont forget overpaid crybabies), and "entitled" thinking according to people on here and in other trucking industries.

Any day, as a whole, I'd put ups drivers up against any other delivery driver in a parallel job and bet a large chunk of money that ups people would smoke them in every area.
20180515_202013.jpg

F

Frankie's Friend

@BigUnionGuy do you think that upsers compensation is not equal to the job function we perform?

I understand that the multiple vacations and basically no cost healthcare are premium but the rest of the job in pkgs is not a cake walk.

Upsers line the hallway at the local bone/joint complex. Many joints get surgery or replaced in our line of work.

Plus, we are more scrutinized and disciplined than any other delivery driver in this business....imo.

So the entitled attitude may grow from building a mental and physically strong defense system to survive in this job.