DIAD 5

sano

Not only that, but a better signature pad. I hear, I hate these things, at least 100 times a day.
I would guess the next one will a have much better signature pad. At least the technology has come a long way in the last few years. I have a tablet PC that does a great job of imitating the writing experience of a regular piece of paper.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
moving the sig key so custmers do not touch it when they grab the board to sign and say oops I did something.

That would be the purpose of the thumb indentation. The customers thumb would automatically go right there, thus eliminating the annoying pressing of the button and also making it so the button can stay put.

You must think outside of the box.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
That would be the purpose of the thumb indentation. The customers thumb would automatically go right there, thus eliminating the annoying pressing of the button and also making it so the button can stay put.

You must think outside of the box.
Steve, one has to be able to think before one can think outside the box!:wink2:

lowsporh

I too observed this oversight! For goodness sake my Pizza Guy's been able to do this for years. And trust me, he does appear at my door looking particularly low tech. It's not like the inclusion of this feature would take up a lot of room on the DIAD. Theives who clone your credit or debit card by overlaying an ATM or gas pump with a discreet little "reader" have been found to make these things so small as to be less than 1/4" in size. So small in fact that even the people who've serviced these machines or ATMs didn't "catch it" until people started complaining of funds disappearing from their accounts or suspicious charges on their credit cards!

Just Lurking

I too observed this oversight! For goodness sake my Pizza Guy's been able to do this for years. And trust me, he does appear at my door looking particularly low tech. It's not like the inclusion of this feature would take up a lot of room on the DIAD. Theives who clone your credit or debit card by overlaying an ATM or gas pump with a discreet little "reader" have been found to make these things so small as to be less than 1/4" in size. So small in fact that even the people who've serviced these machines or ATMs didn't "catch it" until people started complaining of funds disappearing from their accounts or suspicious charges on their credit cards!

If the company sending the package did not want to accept a credit card and eat the fees associated with taking it, why would UPS want to absorb the fees for taking it for COD's.

For package pick-up on ASD's it can be written on the form and signed much cheaper than changing hardware out