DIAD 5

Most of the problem is in changing the arrangement of the keys. Once you get use to it, then they change it. Thats why no one likes the new ones because they are different, but after alot of pain and suffering you learn where everything is. Make small changes to help improve it but don't change the keys or size unless it is a great improvement over the old one.

ARS's are getting more and more popular, so it needs its own key. Can't we get an IE to write some code to keep track of what functions are used the most and put them in a more efficient location ( like paid break, over 70's and ARS's).

Have list of the costumers names for each stop that normally sighs for the delivery, so you could only have to type the first or second letters of their name if it in the list (like how the street names work in the DIAD).

Have the COD amounts already typed in.

Pickup accounts automatically print out End of Day 10 minutes before normal pickup time.

Pickup accounts can communicate with driver via ODS like "Please don't stop we have nothing going out."

I could go out with 10 to 20 more stops a day and maybe cut out a few more routes. That would be GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like everything but the last 2-lines.... You Rock

Probably going to go with a better scanner, I was on DIAD 4 before I moved
and ended up starting with Express... I was floored how well the PowerPad devices
scanned in comparison, ripped labels, wrinkles, etc.. not to mention scans at all angles 0º-360º degrees, unlike the diad 0º and 180º Degrees. Speed of scanning as well.

Integration of GPS or even local maps would be simple, since both the DIAD and PowerPad Run on a Palm/Windows shell, you could have your local maps loaded on these devices, and if you ever have a question where something is, look it up, and call it good.(unless it doesn't exist)

I hate having to call into the center to get a shipper number at the
delivery..
They need to fix that at the hubs..
That should generate about 10,000 jobs..

how about a diad that will perform a full pre trip inspection for me while i sit in the break room

One good improvement would be to make the signature screen bigger. I have a ton of ppl who can t seem to sign next to the X, instead they try to sign inbetween the lines below the X. And also those same ppl seem to always hit the signature key once they grab the diad out of your hand, then i have to go and reset it. Big pain in the butt after its happened for the 10th time

Just take the line OFF!!!

Just take the line OFF!!!

Actually I was being serious. There are many seniors who really can't see or write lwell enough to sign the diad. A bigger screen would help by leaps and bounds.

There are those that don't give a rrats fuzzy :censored2: about what or where they sign but they are far and few between.

I have a blind man that lives in an apartment building.
I have to write "Cust blind" then type in the last name...

As for communicating between drivers, I was told that Diad 4 is capable of communicating Diad to Diad, but big brother won't turn that function on. They prefer to be the middle man in our doings on the road. Plus they don't want it to turn into causl chat on the road, like making gol friend dates and such.

All you need to do is type in the route address ( or Number like "23A" )
then it will go to them...

As for communicating between drivers, I was told that Diad 4 is capable of communicating Diad to Diad, but big brother won't turn that function on. They prefer to be the middle man in our doings on the road. Plus they don't want it to turn into causl chat on the road, like making gol friend dates and such.

Nope, They are working on a photo process. You take a pic of the consignee or the DR spot.

Yeah, Something else to get dust & dirt in that wont work half the time...
Neet concept though.

Diad with a camera will kill us...
Too bad the Union won't stand up and say no..
Any Union that would let UPS put a GPS on us will bow down for that too...

Why would you worry about GPS? I think if it is accurate enough for the military it should be good enough for us. Or is an accurate picture something you fear?

Yeah, Then Monkeys could do our job...

Nah, monkeys can't reach the pedals. :wink2:

and they throw their crap!

Smurfette needs to learn how to use the multi-quote function.

Got it.... tnx

Why would you worry about GPS? I think if it is accurate enough for the military it should be good enough for us. Or is an accurate picture something you fear?
The GPS isn't as accurate as you think. Sometimes on driver follow ups they send the GPS/goggle earth photo along to show where the package was scanned, where the driver was at stop complete and where the GPS says the address is located. On more than one occasion the address appears in the middle of a vacant lot.
The military uses a much more advanced version of GPS, utilizing real time satalite feeds. Not even close to what UPS uses.

DiadDude

The GPS isn't as accurate as you think. Sometimes on driver follow ups they send the GPS/goggle earth photo along to show where the package was scanned, where the driver was at stop complete and where the GPS says the address is located. On more than one occasion the address appears in the middle of a vacant lot.
The military uses a much more advanced version of GPS, utilizing real time satalite feeds. Not even close to what UPS uses.

We've talked about GPS before. GPS does not give you an address, but rather lat and long of a delivery. The way UPS locates an address is by a collection of historical data points for deliveries sheeted to that address. If a driver sits in a vacant lot and DRs a bunch of packages, or meets his customers there for the delivery, that's where UPS will think the address
is.

On a field test of the GPS, there was a driver covering a route where all the stops in this one section were coming up with GPS warnings. Turns out the normal driver was meeting customers under a tree in the mall parking lot, so UPS thought (based on historical data) that all of those addresses were in the mall parking lot.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
We've talked about GPS before. GPS does not give you an address, but rather lat and long of a delivery. The way UPS locates an address is by a collection of historical data points for deliveries sheeted to that address. If a driver sits in a vacant lot and DRs a bunch of packages, or meets his customers there for the delivery, that's where UPS will think the address
is.

On a field test of the GPS, there was a driver covering a route where all the stops in this one section were coming up with GPS warnings. Turns out the normal driver was meeting customers under a tree in the mall parking lot, so UPS thought (based on historical data) that all of those addresses were in the mall parking lot.

Just today, for like 10 stops, I was warned by the GPS, even though I was at the correct address. I don't know what was going on.

As for DIAD 5, I'd like it to have a scale built in, so we can re-weigh suspect pkgs and weigh ourselves to see how much weight we've lost/gained throughout the day.

helenofcalifornia

What the hell did we do in here before Steve came onboard? Things definitely got livelier! Who knew that we would want to be carrying digital cameras with us now? Atta boy Stugs!!!!