DIAD 6

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
But don't make a rookie mistake and leave the board sorted that way! Find your commits and then Filter/Sort again without selecting Time to get your delivery list to revert back to it's original order.

Some days it won't mess you up, and others it'll have you running all over your route if you keep the list sorted by commits after delivering all your commit packages.

If you Filter/Sort and everything drops out of your board, make sure the first six buttons are highlighted. If you de-select any of the first six, there's a good chance you're going to hide your work from the board. It'll still be there, you just won't be able to see it without reverting the filter settings.

I’m glad they fixed these issues for the upcoming diad. That sure makes more sense than just pressing the “Commit” soft key.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
See we were told it HAD to be now because ATT was discontinuing 3G network on Feb 01.

I mean that’s been in the works for two years but suddenly it’s a big surprise to Big Brown.

We can’t finishes routes in 12 hours and of course ups says to lie and blame the weather. Haven’t had new snow in almost two weeks everything plowed and sanded no problem.

Apparently poor planning and poor implementation now are considered “severe weather events”.
the network providers keep saying that but they never do. It always gets pushed a little bit further. 3G or whatever they wanted to call it was originally slated to be removed years ago

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
New glitch started today.

Any attempt to open an incoming message & the diad would crash.

Apparently it won't be fixed until at least Wednesday.

Overpaid Union Thug

But don't make a rookie mistake and leave the board sorted that way! Find your commits and then Filter/Sort again without selecting Time to get your delivery list to revert back to it's original order.

Some days it won't mess you up, and others it'll have you running all over your route if you keep the list sorted by commits after delivering all your commit packages.

If you Filter/Sort and everything drops out of your board, make sure the first six buttons are highlighted. If you de-select any of the first six, there's a good chance you're going to hide your work from the board. It'll still be there, you just won't be able to see it without reverting the filter settings.
I’ve been leaving the center with a DIAD5 and DIAD6 for a few weeks now because 5 has become so unreliable. After getting used to 6 I’ve gotten to like it better. It’s definitely harder to transition to than others were but I like it.

My advice for everyone is to learn the touchscreen first before trying to figure out keyboard alternatives. And don’t be tempted to avoid scanning barcodes at all (yes, it’s possible) unless you’re willing to be extra careful when selecting packages on the shelf or floor. It’s easy to grab the wrong one or leave one behind.

Most of us are used to grabbing a package, scanning it, and hitting “orange, 5, 7” on resi stops quickly without really having to look at the package or barcode. That’s just not gonna happen with DIAD6. The closest is something like “1, 1, stop complete” on the touchscreen or “1,1, right arrow” on the QWERTY. The DIAD doesn’t respond as quickly as 5 so you have to slow down those, or any other, sequences were all used to on DIAD5.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I think the 5 is the best diad. I still have one but my center is transitioning to the 6 right now. About 15 drivers have a 6 and everyone says they would rather just use a 5. It's gonna suck when the 5s are gone :(

pkgdriver

This has been posted before I think but some may have not seen it. The 1 was a little top heavy(battery?)but if you were skillful
you could do some damage. The modem deal was at the top also and you had to use a phone to send the tracking info.
IMG_1316.JPG

P700slave

Diad 1 was HORRIBLE! 5 is the best to date. We have received version 6 a few weeks back Still haven't started using them yet.