DIAD 6

Commandant

FR - LYON CENTER
hi delivery people! In France, I have just been told that DIAD6 is coming! When is it now? Do we always have to mark the address before scanning the package?

Zyluz1

The pin setup is necessary in conjunction with cradles.
I don't believe thats. The helped PDA's had gps too I believe they could come up with a system that is much better then what they currently have that wouldn't violate any copyrights. They just don't try and go with the lowest bidder.

Brown 8888

I'll look at this. The problem is, the software keyboard will popup if we automatically put you into the apt/ste number field. For stops where you don't want/need to fill out this field, you'd most likely have to dismiss the keyboard to continue. So either way, going to be a nuisance. But like I said, I'll take a look - noted as an annoyance.

It will save the information and send it up when you regain network coverage.

When you get your hands on one, let me know what you think. PM or make a post about it. There's no reason why the software/device should be pre-dispositioned towards left/right handed users. I can't change the hardware, but if there is something on screen that is more suited towards righties, we can move its position or even create a left-handed mode.

The device should stay signed in all day as long as you don't go out of network coverage for a significant period of time. If you do, you will be re-prompted for your credentials.

It's part of new security standards. Your password is not saved in the device, and it is encrypted when it is sent up for authentication. I understand both the apprehension of typing it in, and also the annoyance of having to use it to login. All I can say is, all of that pales in comparison to the amount of software-development BS that is required to make it all work.

- FYI -
I am a developer on this product. However, I didn't write the business rules, didn't design the hardware, etc etc. Most of the things y'all hate on, I don't like either. I'm not steering the ship here.

D6 is still in early beta, there will be bugs and issues. If you have valid feedback about the application running on the device, PM me or respond to this thread and I will see what I can do. I would genuinely like to make your lives easier - just keep in mind we both work for same company, we both deal with the same BS. I'm not the one calling the shots, I'm just a code monkey.
Can you access details/notes? When delivering to apartments or suites it's extremely helpful to know which apartments or suite numbers you're going deliver to. So far all see is address with no more information. Also I don't see any notes like bad dog or left at not allowed.

PPH_over_9000

Can you access details/notes? When delivering to apartments or suites it's extremely helpful to know which apartments or suite numbers you're going deliver to. So far all see is address with no more information. Also I don't see any notes like bad dog or left at not allowed.

So it's a pain in the ass but yeah, you can see apartment and suite numbers. You have to open the stop, and you'll see the Start Navigation screen pop up. Beneath that there'll be just a "Start" option. Hit that, and a screen pops up with all the packages for an address' tracking numbers.

For apartments, the tracking number will look like "1Z9999999999999999 308 ; 6147." 308 is the apartment number, and I believe 6147 is the PAL/HIN.

The one cool thing is that the "Start" screen opens up the delivery and lets you stop complete without scanning anything. I could see that screwing over a careless driver, though.

**Also, if you want to mark a package as Not Found, you do it from that same screen by swiping left on the tracking info. You'll get the Not Found and Non-Deliver options from there, but there are easier ways to NI1.

***Most of the notes seem to be in icon format now. Calltags, sig required, preferred delivery location, high values, etc etc. You can see the icons from your EDD screen, and if you open up a stop there should be a small print explanation of the icons. Eventually you'll start to recognize them but it's a hell of a learning curve when you switch to 6.

Last edited:

Brown 8888

So it's a pain in the ass but yeah, you can see apartment and suite numbers. You have to open the stop, and you'll see the Start Navigation screen pop up. Beneath that there'll be just a "Start" option. Hit that, and a screen pops up with all the packages for an address' tracking numbers.

For apartments, the tracking number will look like "1Z9999999999999999 308 ; 6147." 308 is the apartment number, and I believe 6147 is the PAL/HIN.

The one cool thing is that the "Start" screen opens up the delivery and lets you stop complete without scanning anything. I could see that screwing over a careless driver, though.

**Also, if you want to mark a package as Not Found, you do it from that same screen by swiping left on the tracking info. You'll get the Not Found and Non-Deliver options from there, but there are easier ways to NI1.

***Most of the notes seem to be in icon format now. Calltags, sig required, preferred delivery location, high values, etc etc. You can see the icons from your EDD screen, and if you open up a stop there should be a small print explanation of the icons. Eventually you'll start to recognize them but it's a hell of a learning curve when you switch to 6.
Thank you for the very detailed information!! We have only been using the DIAD 6 for 3 days. I'm going to past this info along to the other test pilots at work.