Diad 6

AKCoverMan

Oh I’m sure the cover drivers will find some other was to destroy them. LOL
It didn’t require the delicate touch of the cover driver to ruin the old ones.. just bouncing in the cradle on my many miles of pothole riddled dirt roads ruined the old pins in couple of months 🤣

Sadly my new pinless cradle has some other problem so I have no mapnav and no charging. But apparently I also have far fewer crashes than the rest of my building.

Overpaid Union Thug

It didn’t require the delicate touch of the cover driver to ruin the old ones.. just bouncing in the cradle on my many miles of pothole riddled dirt roads ruined the old pins in couple of months 🤣

Sadly my new pinless cradle has some other problem so I have no mapnav and no charging. But apparently I also have far fewer crashes than the rest of my building.
I’m on the roughest and dirtiest route in my center. Entire roads and driveways that make a few potholes seem gentle. But my cradle is still secured as it was the day it was installed. The pins are still in decent shape as well. Would be near perfect if it weren’t for cover drivers. The trick is to drive the speed limit or less on those roads, put the DIAD in the cradle as if you were trying to make it last as long as possible, and occasionally spray contact cleaner on the pins. So easy.

AKCoverMan

I’m on the roughest and dirtiest route in my center. Entire roads and driveways that make a few potholes seem gentle. But my cradle is still secured as it was the day it was installed. The pins are still in decent shape as well. Would be near perfect if it weren’t for cover drivers. The trick is to drive the speed limit or less on those roads, put the DIAD in the cradle as if you were trying to make it last as long as possible, and occasionally spray contact cleaner on the pins. So easy.
Well I’m glad yours worked. Believe me I’m not trying to win any races on my route, not so much to baby the diad pins but just to baby to body of the old man behind the wheel! Brand new DIADs and cradles would start glitching within weeks.

I’m sure a copious source of my over allowed is not getting enough time credit for driving as they probably think I’m able to do 30-45 mph over roads that I have to do more like 10-20. One house in particular is 5 miles up to the top of the Mountian on a road that I can barely do over 10 mph on. I go slow but it still is bumpy my 300k mile P57 does not have that robust of a suspension!

IMO the equipment needs to be engineered to endure normal handling and use. The DIAD 5 pin system simply was not that.

Overpaid Union Thug

Well I’m glad yours worked. Believe me I’m not trying to win any races on my route, not so much to baby the diad pins but just to baby to body of the old man behind the wheel! Brand new DIADs and cradles would start glitching within weeks.

I’m sure a copious source of my over allowed is not getting enough time credit for driving as they probably think I’m able to do 30-45 mph over roads that I have to do more like 10-20. One house in particular is 5 miles up to the top of the Mountian on a road that I can barely do over 10 mph on. I go slow but it still is bumpy my 300k mile P57 does not have that robust of a suspension!

IMO the equipment needs to be engineered to endure normal handling and use. The DIAD 5 pin system simply was not that.
Sounds like my route. I’ve had my cradle since last fall. Only fails when I come back from vacation or a day off. After a a quick spray of cleaner, and few hours of proper DIAD placement, it’s like new again.

I’ve been off this week like many other seniority drivers because it was spring break for our kids. Tomorrow I expect my truck to be full of trash (in addition to a full trash can), caked with dirt inside and out including around the pins in the cradle, some of the pins to be slightly (hopefully not worse) out of alignment, plenty of unattempted call tags, and barely enough diesel to get to the nearest station that has any.

Too many drivers are epic POSs. Especially the younger ones.

AKCoverMan

Sounds like my route. I’ve had my cradle since last fall. Only fails when I come back from vacation or a day off. After a a quick spray of cleaner, and few hours of proper DIAD placement, it’s like new again.

I’ve been off this week like many other seniority drivers because it was spring break for our kids. Tomorrow I expect my truck to be full of trash (in addition to a full trash can), caked with dirt inside and out including around the pins in the cradle, some of the pins to be slightly (hopefully not worse) out of alignment, plenty of unattempted call tags, and barely enough diesel to get to the nearest station that has any.

Too many drivers are epic POSs. Especially the younger ones.
I’m lucky IMO, we are very small building.. 15 bid routes 45 miles from the hub. The three Cover Drivers we have in our building are all right, seniors have mentored them. Some of the kids who occasionally get sent out from the hub when we run out of bodies cause me to shake my head,

AKCoverMan

Before moving out here I was the senior cover driver in the hub. Believe me some of the bid route drivers cars can have quite the “lived in” look and feel as well, I know my car can occasionally get a bit less than perfect especially after one of those five days over nine five weeks, but I try to keep up on it after all I get to spend plenty of time there.. plus it doubles as my office to file grievances from while parked by a lake under a tree on area!

PPH_over_9000

Just wanted to drop in and let you guys know the DIAD 6 is a piece of trash. So many extra steps to do what the previous DIAD did instantly.

Nothing like having to open each individual stop, click navigate, hope that you didn't fat finger the wrong stop, getting to the stop, having to back out of nav mode, then hitting "Start" to start scanning packages, and then waiting 3-10 seconds before you can scan a second package.

160 stops in a super tight area took me just under 11 hours.

PPH_over_9000

God they make this job so much harder than it is...BRING BACK RDO

I'd rather sheet stops up with a clipboard than this p.o.s. they just rolled out.

Might as well have been anyways, about midway through the day i stopped trying to get more than half the features to work and just kept circling blocks until I found the address I was looking for.

AND GOD HELP YOU if your IT admin decides to restrict your access to anything throughout the day. Cue a frozen screen, several phone call attempts and a conference call to get the damn thing working again.

I literally had issues before I left the building. Brought it to the IT "expert" and she said to just go on-road and things will start working once I'm out there. Helluva way to instill confidence, by asking me to have faith.

Last edited:

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Just wanted to drop in and let you guys know the DIAD 6 is a piece of trash. So many extra steps to do what the previous DIAD did instantly.

Nothing like having to open each individual stop, click navigate, hope that you didn't fat finger the wrong stop, getting to the stop, having to back out of nav mode, then hitting "Start" to start scanning packages, and then waiting 3-10 seconds before you can scan a second package.

160 stops in a super tight area took me just under 11 hours.
Nooooo..... Don't tell me UPS created another problem to bitch about. Say it ain't so. That's all these idiots are good for.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I'd rather sheet stops up with a clipboard than this p.o.s. they just rolled out.

Might as well have been anyways, about midway through the day i stopped trying to get more than half the features to work and just kept circling blocks until I found the address I was looking for.

AND GOD HELP YOU if your IT admin decides to restrict your access to anything throughout the day. Cue a frozen screen, several phone call attempts and a conference call to get the damn thing working again.

I literally had issues before I left the building. Brought it to the IT "expert" and she said to just go on-road and things will start working once I'm out there. Helluva way to instill confidence, by asking me to have faith.
We just got 30 new diads.....we have 120 drivers ...
✊🧔

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
1635295150307.jpeg