Diad 6

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I'd rather sheet stops up with a clipboard than this p.o.s. they just rolled out.

Might as well have been anyways, about midway through the day i stopped trying to get more than half the features to work and just kept circling blocks until I found the address I was looking for.

AND GOD HELP YOU if your IT admin decides to restrict your access to anything throughout the day. Cue a frozen screen, several phone call attempts and a conference call to get the damn thing working again.

I literally had issues before I left the building. Brought it to the IT "expert" and she said to just go on-road and things will start working once I'm out there. Helluva way to instill confidence, by asking me to have faith.
Calm down brah take a breath you get paid by the hour who cares how long it takes

PPH_over_9000

At least we now have genderless DR. That will solve so many problems we deal with.

Nope, that's gone in my center. You've got "Man" and Woman," no "Customer."

Calm down brah take a breath you get paid by the hour who cares how long it takes

I don't mind being on the clock for 14 hours. I'll soak that :censored2: up any day of the week. The key is productivity-- those long days I'm movin', man. Today was long for no reason, with huge periods of inactivity due to board reboots, errors, timeouts, alerts, and administrator interference.

The kicker was that it was only half the damn route. ~11 hours to do half of a route which I'm typically finished with before my big pick-ups at 6pm. Made me feel like an idiot and my frustration with the company grows out of that, and not some sense of entitlement or a desire to run and gun.

Last edited:

pkgdriver

Nope, that's gone in my center. You've got "Man" and Woman," no "Customer."

I don't mind being on the clock for 14 hours. I'll soak that :censored2: up any day of the week. The key is productivity-- those long days I'm movin', man. Today was long for no reason, with huge periods of inactivity due to board reboots, errors, timeouts, alerts, and administrator interference.

The kicker was that it was only half the damn route.
My build has averaged one reboot a day the past month. None of the other garbage. Consignee names have been missing for a few weeks. Supposed to come back soon. Work in progress I guess.

PPH_over_9000

My build has averaged one reboot a day the past month. None of the other garbage. Consignee names have been missing for a few weeks. Supposed to come back soon. Work in progress I guess

I had to reset mine every time the IT admin restricted access while the car was moving. It would freeze the screen with a black box/white loading wheel every time, and nobody at the center could tell me over the phone what the deal was.

The biggest frustration was not being able to scan immediately after removing the DIAD from the cradle. Having to exit navigation, open the stop, and hit "Start" to start scanning was by far the most frustrating part of the DIAD. Again, over the phone nobody knew what that was about. Apparently it's supposed to pull up GPS right when you cradle it but that's not how it worked for me.

It's also a pain in the ass how you can't view stop details to figure out what suite or apartment entrance you need to pull up to.

TheDick

These new diads look the the phones helpers and PVD's used(2017). But you get a big battery and a better laser. The android software freezes and lags at least once and hour you have to restart the app. You should restart the diad after 12p when you take a break. Why does this POS lag for 5 seconds for every 2pc or more del? I understand it's connected to the internet all the time but ticking so many more buttons for a comm. stop. FACEPALM this turd app is horrible.
An ex preload sup that now workz for Amazon had to have written this app on own time it sucks so bad. Any app that crashes once an hour on your personal phone would get deleted pretty quick no?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
These new diads look the the phones helpers and PVD's used(2017). But you get a big battery and a better laser. The android software freezes and lags at least once and hour you have to restart the app. You should restart the diad after 12p when you take a break. Why does this POS lag for 5 seconds for every 2pc or more del? I understand it's connected to the internet all the time but ticking so many more buttons for a comm. stop. FACEPALM this turd app is horrible.
An ex preload sup that now workz for Amazon had to have written this app on own time it sucks so bad. Any app that crashes once an hour on your personal phone would get deleted pretty quick no?
Just more money in your pocket

PPH_over_9000

So hey! OP!

I'm not sure if this holds true for every stop, but I noticed something today. If you have an apartment building and you open your stop, it should list all the packages and their tracking numbers. Immediately after the tracking number, it should show you the suite/apartment number that each individual tracking number goes to. It'll look something like 1Z9999999999999999 208 ; 3456., which would be a package addressed to apartment number 208. I'm not sure what the 3456 means yet, but I'll figure it out.

I also don't know if it works with letters, like 35A through 35H. I'm sure I'll run into that on my hellish Saturday route tomorrow. Still can't get the business/customer name, though.

PPH_over_9000

Thats the hin/pal number einstein.

jesus man, give me a break. this new diad's got me shellshocked.

I've caught myself at a couple of lights just zoning out while I think about all the ways I hate it, and then someone honks at me and the light goes yellow as I roll through.

I'll be honest, though, it's growing on me. I dealt with a never-ending onslaught of rain today, hit 13.5 hours... at some point I just kind of became okay with it all. It was around the time I emptied my first truck and came back to get the second, at 1:30pm.... with 167 stops on it.

Poop Head

Judge me.
jesus man, give me a break. this new diad's got me shellshocked.

I've caught myself at a couple of lights just zoning out while I think about all the ways I hate it, and then someone honks at me and the light goes yellow as I roll through.

I'll be honest, though, it's growing on me. I dealt with a never-ending onslaught of rain today, hit 13.5 hours... at some point I just kind of became okay with it all. It was around the time I emptied my first truck and came back to get the second, at 1:30pm.... with 167 stops on it.
Im just giving you :censored2: bro. Were in the same boat here.

AKCoverMan

My center manager said we are expected to get DIAD 6's in December. Can't make this stuff up.
Great! So take 12 hour a day dispatches and then just s-l-o-w everything down a couple notches with the new hardware and software.

Make sure they teach you how to find “missed” that first day, because, damn, are you going to need it!

dogs.bite.me

There has been an update to the app. Scanning that first stop has improved.

Crashes have improved, but they still happen.

Still takes 5 steps to do what used to take 2-3.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Nice new "glitch " started today.

As soon as you hit start for meal or break, it automatically starts at 1:00, as if you've been on break for one minute already