Diad 6

onewithedd

Management has the authority to turn on/off navigation. The 6 has a tough learning curve for sure. It will definitely add time to your day.

I’m retraining myself to to just scan at porch and just stand there while I complete the stop. No more orange 5,7 stop complete, with out even looking at the DIAD. I tried to do it and it took me the entire walk back to the truck to complete the stop. That’s what they want but, the first time you trip and fall and hurt yourself the blame will be all on you!

It’s their company, their money, I just work here and collect the money

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Hello everyone, I have no idea how many of you are using the new diad 6 coming down the pipeline, but I have questions/concerns/complaints.

So now that it’s peak season my center gets to learn the new the brand new diad 6. Not only is more fragile than ever, it’s rather slow. My route is about 70% - 30% business/resi split, with post office deliveries and a UPS pickup. I can do the route blindfolded with the diad 5, 450 packages in 8-9 hours would be scratch.

However… the new diad is very slow. Its’ touch screen tech is very modern looking with a cool Interface is neat, but not necessary.
Before, I could press big arrow down 4 times and see my next 24 stops, now it takes a scroll on a laggy new display. Before, I could quickly deliver business with a CV signature, now I take extra steps no matter what to accomplish the same thing.
Before, I could scan/dr a resi and stop complete in 4 seconds, now it takes about 10 (not good in fast pace apartments).
Before, I could use gloves to utilize every part of the device, now cannot. I live in a cold climate, so not using gloves is not an option 6 months out of the year.
Before, diad didnt freeze often, now it does 4 times a day. Very frustrating when trying to haul a** and attempt minimal over allow (I criticize my own numbers).

Everything use to be simple, clean, fast, efficient, easy, use friendly, but I feel its all gone. I have a lot of learning/training on the new board, but can already move faster than it can process stops.
Martin?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Does yours load navigation when you put it in the cradle? Ours doesn’t. Just turns on the “list” view.

Ours is the same.

Ours was Google at first but after about two weeks they switched it over to UPS mapnav. Cradle and the map comes on but no guidance back to the center when work is completed. Rookies better pay attention to where they are I guess. When they switched it to the UPS navigation, the Diad also became much quicker with less of the spinning/loading icon. The UPS mapnav is also very handy if you were to be working cold or blind, you can click on the individual “boxes” on the map to see your next stop, also handy when the latest Orion Varient mixes your EDD too much. Still crashes a lot, some days more than others. Seems to me that as soon as it starts acting buggy, use the reset button on the top right and it will work good for awhile, don’t try to struggle through the bugginess.

onewithedd

73A4DCB3-C8B0-468F-8140-449688CE7B12.jpeg
42B9DCA7-E81E-4C1F-8C4A-27BB8BFCCF5E.jpeg
My map nav is turned on worked for maybe 2 days now I just get a black screen most of the time or the start to finish point map usually oriented the wrong way

Last edited:

onewithedd

All in all I’d give it a c- grade rating. I hope it improves in time.

I was scanning at a business with 13 packages and after the 12th pkg it froze up and had to reboot, it’s embarrassing when this happens in front of the customer. It wastes their time as well as mine.

Luckily when it restarted I just scanned that last pkg and clicked on all the other ones on the screen to show them as scanned.

I don’t trust UPS! I guarantee that it makes a notation whether you physically scanned that package or touched it on the screen. It could come back on you if one of those packages you screen tapped comes up missing

Grindstone

I volunteered this week to be one of the Diad 6 guinea pigs at my center. Figured I could use the overtime with how light my route was last peak. It was super frustrating the first day, though. Didn't help that it was a really heavy day. Loads of things I hate about it, some stuff I like. Hopefully, they'll improve it over time.

AKCoverMan

Ours was Google at first but after about two weeks they switched it over to UPS mapnav. Cradle and the map comes on but no guidance back to the center when work is completed. Rookies better pay attention to where they are I guess. When they switched it to the UPS navigation, the Diad also became much quicker with less of the spinning/loading icon. The UPS mapnav is also very handy if you were to be working cold or blind, you can click on the individual “boxes” on the map to see your next stop, also handy when the latest Orion Varient mixes your EDD too much. Still crashes a lot, some days more than others. Seems to me that as soon as it starts acting buggy, use the reset button on the top right and it will work good for awhile, don’t try to struggle through the bugginess.
I’m sorry but if you can’t find way back to building at end of day without mapnav this job may not be for you?

AKCoverMan

Ok so it’s sooooooo easy with the new DIAD 6!

First... simply scan the first package....

(spinning circle) ⭕
(spinning circle) ⭕
(spinning circle) ⭕
(spinning circle) ⭕
(spinning circle) ⭕
(spinning circle) ⭕
(spinning circle) ⭕

There! Oh, wait, dang it all, you must’ve touched the screen and it opened a different stop. Ok, no problem, just click the back arrow up there in the corner....

Just click it again...
Just click it again...
Just click it again..

Yes, yes, we want to navigate away from this stop it’s the wrong dang stop, click yes!

Click the back button again,

Just click it again...
Just click it again...
Just click it again..

OK we’re back out to EDD. Let’s start over,, scan the first package.

(spinning circle) ⭕
(spinning circle) ⭕
(spinning circle) ⭕
(spinning circle) ⭕
(spinning circle) ⭕

All right! We’re in the right stop! Click on continue..

(spinning circle) ⭕
(spinning circle) ⭕
(spinning circle) ⭕
(spinning circle) ⭕
(spinning circle) ⭕

Ok! Now on to the next package... 😱

Steamer

I can't wait to get the new DIAD 6. I'm too fast with the 5 now using the shift keys. I want to have a good excuse to be a dragger.

onewithedd

At least now if you have a closed business with 10 or so boxes you no longer have to close each one individually does them all at once. Oh and yes I fill out a complete service cross on every box

Est.1998

I volunteered this week to be one of the Diad 6 guinea pigs at my center. Figured I could use the overtime with how light my route was last peak. It was super frustrating the first day, though. Didn't help that it was a really heavy day. Loads of things I hate about it, some stuff I like. Hopefully, they'll improve it over time.
What do you like about it?
I took one for a ride today along with my 5 and after the first stop i gave up.
Couldn't figure out how to verify air with it, hated all the options i have to select just to close out the stop. My patience was very thin today.

PPH_over_9000

Couldn't figure out how to verify air with it, hated all the options i have to select just to close out the stop. My patience was very thin today.

on your edd/List, there should be a three-dot icon in the upper righthand corner of the screen (it might be three lines, i can't picture it.) That opens a drop-down menu. About midway through the menu is a "Filter/Sort" option. Click that, and it opens up a screen to sort your dispatch. There are six buttons on top, two on the bottom.

Keep the top six highlighted and select "Time" out of the bottom two, then click the blue button to confirm the selection. This'll put all of your commit times at the top of your dispatch, and from my experience they're generally in the correct order. It sometimes screws up the rest of your delivery order, though, so once you're done checking or running commits it's best to filter/sort again by just de-selecting the "Time" option.

*You can sort out a lot of stuff with the filter/sort screen. If you ever experiment with it and find your entire dispatch disappearing from your board, just remember to filter/sort and keep the top six buttons highlighted. De-selecting any of them will likely hide your work from you.

The bottom two are like sub-searches, where it filters the selected activities on top by commit time or distance from your current location.

Last edited:

pkgdriver

on your edd/List, there should be a three-dot icon in the upper righthand corner of the screen (it might be three lines, i can't picture it.) That opens a drop-down menu. About midway through the menu is a "Filter/Sort" option. Click that, and it opens up a screen to sort your dispatch. There are six buttons on top, two on the bottom.

Keep the top six highlighted and select "Time" out of the bottom two, then click the blue button to confirm the selection. This'll put all of your commit times at the top of your dispatch, and from my experience they're generally in the correct order. It sometimes screws up the rest of your delivery order, though, so once you're done checking or running commits it's best to filter/sort again by just de-selecting the "Time" option.

*You can sort out a lot of stuff with the filter/sort screen. If you ever experiment with it and find your entire dispatch disappearing from your board, just remember to filter/sort and keep the top six buttons highlighted. De-selecting any of them will likely hide your work from you.

The bottom two are like sub-searches, where it filters the selected activities on top by commit time or distance from your current location.
Yep
This was covered in the other DIAD 6 thread in Nov. I believe the three dots are called a vertical ellipsis.

onewithedd

Also, when you do filter/sort by time it brings up your entire list not just your commits like it use to. You then have to scroll up to the top of the list and look at the times they will be listed like this on the right side:

00:00 - 10:30
00:00 - 12:00
00:00 - 23:59

Grindstone

Honestly, there's not a lot that I DO like about it over the DIAD 5. One thing it has going for it is the accuracy of the scanner, and that's about it, imo. It's just not as efficient of a device. For instance, on the 5, to view my daily pickups, hit escape button then 1. Same thing with viewing air, which is 1 screen button press. On the 6, have to hit vertical ellipses on top corner of screen, then have to hit 5 freakin' screen buttons to un-select different types of work, then hit confirm. Then have to repeat same process to get full itinerary list. The 6 has an option to view edd in 3 different views. Only 1 of them will let you see what's sig required on the screen before scanning the package. That view will also only show you 5 stops. The other two options the font is smaller, they show 9 stops and 15, but minimum info on them, like address, hin, package count. No quick button scrolling through edd, have to scroll with finger or use up/down buttons to scroll one stop at a time. The 6 also DOES NOT NOTIFY YOU WHEN SMART PICKUPS CANCEL OUT. When you scan 1st package in multi-piece stop, it shows list of all other packages but not total packages left, like on the 5. There's more, but I need to stop. 🤣