Diad cradle

PPH_over_9000

When we first started using the cradle, I would stick a water bottle in the old DIAD holder to break the habit of using that. Its a new method that adds another motion into your routine, you will make more money using it. It keeps the DIAD charged which is nice. I don't need the Map/Nav feature after 24 years on my route but that is nice when getting an unfamiliar Add/cut or running a Missort. Its not going away, you might as well get used to it.

Hey scratch, quick question: how do you get MapNav to work for a missort or anything that's not in your board? Every time I have to run a misload that's on my truckI basically have to google the address and then try to remember the directions, and often I'll forget midway there, have to pull the truck over and whip my phone back out to refresh my memory.

Delivery!!!

Hey scratch, quick question: how do you get MapNav to work for a missort or anything that's not in your board? Every time I have to run a misload that's on my truckI basically have to google the address and then try to remember the directions, and often I'll forget midway there, have to pull the truck over and whip my phone back out to refresh my memory.
After you send in the misload with the diad send a message in asking them to assign the misloads to you so it goes to your board just like late air does. They have that ability so you can then navigate to it without your phone.

Jakamoe

I work for teamsters, UPS contracted me
Our center has had the cradle a while. Its good for blind routes. Def an incab distraction. Even my own route im always looking at it. It doesn't take any longer to put the gizmo in the cradle vs the pocket. It can be annoying fixing the next stop. Apparently Orion 3.0 is eventually going to learn how you do your route so that wouldn't be an issue for much longer. Who knows though. Its great for keeping a charge. The side port can be used for phone charging but I think its meant for helper diads. I personally don't use it to charge anything.

The biggest thing I've found helpful is when I'm approaching DOT hours. I just keep it focused on the center, and do the route from memory. The ETA allows me to get almost all 60 or as close to possible without worrying too much about getting back in time.

Dumbo

You have to send in the misload text first, then when they send it to you accept it. Then change route button.

wowirock

I used the cradle yesterday for the first time. It was amazing, especially since I am a swing driver.
perks:
1. It keeps the current address visible so you can reference where you are going in case you forget while driving.
2. While driving to whatever stop you have bookmarked, it will display any current stops on the map with little black boxes, so you can get off any stops on the way.
3. Don't have to use my phone (take the glove off and on).

PACNW

I am officially old. Everytime I see someone post on here how they "have to" use their phone gps for directions I shake my head. I see it on many threads here and a lot of the young guys use them in my center. Just seems inefficient and unnecessary. I used to use a map or go to the street in the diad and scroll up and down to see the streets next to the street I'm looking for. Seemed easy enough. It forces you to learn evens, odds, high to low or low to high, and find number breaks for a route or area. A day or two and you have to whole thing down.

Mst3k

Ask for turn by turn driving instructions to the missort address. In my experience They will either drop it into your board or tell you to sheet it missed. Don't use your phone, they dont pay for it.

IJustWorkHere

Yes it is frustrating for pretty much everyone.

Personally I've given up on scrolling for my next stop to "bookmark". Now I follow ORION and force them to fix the issue. I get paid by the hour. I'm done trying to achieve their numbers while also jumping through their unreasonable hoops.
So let me get this straight . The new Orion Upgrade gives you turn by turn directions to all your deliveries? I’ve seen the cradles in the truck but I’m not sure if it’s rolled out in my center yet . If you don’t mind me asking what state are you in ? And how long have you guys been using it ?

Poop Head

Judge me.
Ask for turn by turn driving instructions to the missort address. In my experience They will either drop it into your board or tell you to sheet it missed. Don't use your phone, they dont pay for it.
Method 291 - Locating an unfamiliar address.
Best practice: Find the nearest Hot Chick, ask if she knows the address/consinee and how to get there. If she does not know, proceed to find and ask the next Hot Chick you see, and so on and so forth.

Phillip J Fry

sobbing between stops
The new Diad cradle is new to my center. They keep bugging us on using it. In my opinion it just wastes more time. They also want us to make sure our next stop is in the board while in the cradle. Which makes no sense because Orion sucks so I would have to jump all around the board to waste even more time. Just wanted to see if anyone else shared my frustration.

At first I liked them, they’re handy if you don’t know where you’re going and to keep the battery charged. The cradles wear out and then they get on you for missing cradle percentage, and it’s nearly impossible to get the mechanics to remove a crappy cradle at our center. They just “clean the contacts” and call it good. It’s a good idea but ups found a way to make it as annoying as possible.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The new Diad cradle is new to my center. They keep bugging us on using it. In my opinion it just wastes more time. They also want us to make sure our next stop is in the board while in the cradle. Which makes no sense because Orion sucks so I would have to jump all around the board to waste even more time. Just wanted to see if anyone else shared my frustration.
Paid by the hour no?

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Not to worry in two weeks it’ll either break or you’ll get so frustrated because it’s a worthless cheap POS you’ll kick it to death.