Diad cradle

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
Are we able to charge devices using the USB port on the side?
Yes. Although there’s kind of a trick to it. Plug your phone in, start package car, put Diad in cradle, in that order. You’ll see a screen pop up “device not recognized” just ignore it, the turn by turn will work anyway (if you even use it)

you’ll have to clear that screen out when you do your next stop though, it’s easy to do, I’m not even going to bother explaining how

Undertow

The new Diad cradle is new to my center. They keep bugging us on using it. In my opinion it just wastes more time. They also want us to make sure our next stop is in the board while in the cradle. Which makes no sense because Orion sucks so I would have to jump all around the board to waste even more time. Just wanted to see if anyone else shared my frustration.
Your boss have a compliance metric that they need met and if the drivers don't hit it, the conference call the next day goes from bad to worse, so be prepared for a lot of messages over DIAD for months regarding the issue.

Yeah the ORION is such an impediment that getting the pointer to where you actually need to be going to next can literally take too much time especially before 1030AM. Having to constantly sift thru the list simply takes too long in too many situations and if the keys graze up against anything whether it be the palm of your hand or the side of the cradle itself, the DIAD screen has gone into a different menu before the truck gets turned back on and you're faced with wasting more time if trying to get the screen back to where the map turns on.

Every now and then, I'll get a cradle that simply doesn't work and then halfway thru the day. these messages show up asking why i'm not in compliance. That gets beyond irritating very quickly.

specter208

I see lots of guys complaining about having to use it . What’s so bad about it ? And would you prefer to run your route without it . Excuse me asking so many questions. I’m just learning the ins & outs of this driving stuff . And I’m trying to gather as much info as possible before I make a sound decision on whether to go FT or not . Bulk to PO has me thinking I can handle FT . Thanks
Does your post office require the driver to sort the packages by zip code?

Spanky250

Are we able to charge devices using the USB port on the side?
Technically yes, it does work. But it shows a message on your DIAD, which I assume management also sees, that an "unknown device has been detected, download drivers for device". I don't know how true it is, but I'm told that they can then read files on the connected device. So my phone won't ever be connected to it.

Technically yes, it does work. But it shows a message on your DIAD, which I assume management also sees, that an "unknown device has been detected, download drivers for device". I don't know how true it is, but I'm told that they can then read files on the connected device. So my phone won't ever be connected to it.
Use it to charge up your spare battery or speaker...