DIAD DRIVER HELPER TRAINING

NinjaMcWinja

Had Diad Training For Driver Helper Job but given no notes or anything. Is there anywhere online that has notes or goes over button sequences pressing for the typical things person in, person out left note, getting to signature screen, entering surname, etc? I'm sure I'll be fine with practice but if expected to know it all after short training and not given much help by the driver, maybe panic time lol. As temporary Driver Helper at peak time Christmas, appreciate not time to do extensive training but would still be nice to have something to review and go over other than memory. Thanks!

Or any good videos online? Showing how to do the common things for packages with the DIAD. Those I saw on Youtube cover few things but not all the basics and not sure if handset in them will be the same as one that I'll use on the van.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Had Diad Training For Driver Helper Job but given no notes or anything. Is there anywhere online that has notes or goes over button sequences pressing for the typical things person in, person out left note, getting to signature screen, entering surname, etc? I'm sure I'll be fine with practice but if expected to know it all after short training and not given much help by the driver, maybe panic time lol. As temporary Driver Helper at peak time Christmas, appreciate not time to do extensive training but would still be nice to have something to review and go over other than memory. Thanks!

Or any good videos online? Showing how to do the common things for packages with the DIAD. Those I saw on Youtube cover few things but not all the basics and not sure if handset in them will be the same as one that I'll use on the van.
I know a some very good videos online.....ask @Indecisi0n, I forget what they were called....

Deadset

My trainer hasn't been the best either. First day I was good. Second day I struggled a little. He was riding me pretty hard. Over the weekend I went on YouTube to figure out how to do a couple of things. Just search DIAD 5 on YouTube. Couple good videos.

The Chosen 1

God, Family, UPSer

Me personally, I think the videos on YouTube by Damien Albino are pretty good (If those are the ones your talking about). He also has a Kindle E- book you can purchase on Amazon for $2.99. Here's the link that will help you but regardless, no book or YouTube video can compare to hands on experience, repetition and practice.
10 DIAD Training Tips You Wish You Knew: The best quick and easy way to increase DIAD knowledge (UPS Career Series Book 3)

Deadset

Yeah the Damien videos are helpful. I certainly know that using the DIAD will become easier with time. Its a little strange that they don't give you a instruction manual w it to study at home but I'm sure they have their reasons.

wayfair

swollen member
My helper will never see the DIAD...

his job(this is this the first thing I tell them) is to get out of the package car as quickly and safely as possible, dr package at residence, get back in as quickly and safely as possible, then next stop X100

that's how my area is

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

his job(this is this the first thing I tell them) is to get out of the package car as quickly and safely as possible, dr package at residence, get back in as quickly and safely as possible, then next stop X100

that's how my area is

Think of how much quicker it would be if you parked to where you could deliver more than one stop at a time.

NinjaMcWinja

that's how my area is
How does the Helper get things signed for at the door or company, if he doesn't use the DIAD at all? Or if there is nobody there to sign, you deal with all that as well?

Last edited:

NinjaMcWinja

How long is training for Driver Helper temporary job in e.g. U.S.? I'm in London, U.K. it was only around 3 hours and some of that was taken up going through health and safety, company rules, etc. The DIAD training gave no notes or anything so photographic memory is a must lol, just demo of most common things top do on it then you practiced them. Would assume in U.S. training is more comprehensive even for a temporary helper position? Not been out with driver yet coming soon but if they aren't helpful and expect you to know it all after only 3 hours training I mean phew!

Thanks for all the replies and help!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How does the Helper get things signed for at the door or company, if he doesn't use the DIAD at all? Or if there is nobody there to sign, you deal with all that as well?

He is not using his helper efficiently.

One of the first things that I do with a new helper, after giving him/her the "this is my truck" spiel, is to go over the basics of the DIAD with the goal of getting them proficient to the point where they can deliver a multiple floor medical office building all by themselves.

We are a team, not a "go run this over there" set up.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

One of the first things that I do with a new helper, after giving him/her the "this is my truck" spiel, is to go over the basics of the DIAD with the goal of getting them proficient to the point where they can deliver a multiple floor medical office building all by themselves.

what is your " this is my truck spiel?"