Diad keeps dying in cold

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Today my Diad died at 330. Had to run 120 stops with no board. Worst part about it was. Had to come back and manually punch in all the stops. It was about 2 degrees here .

What do you guys do to avoid this. This is the second time happening to me this winter.
Worst part?

That's as easy as money gets at this place.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Today my Diad died at 330. Had to run 120 stops with no board. Worst part about it was. Had to come back and manually punch in all the stops. It was about 2 degrees here .

What do you guys do to avoid this. This is the second time happening to me this winter.
Give it a good rap once or twice on a shelf edge. That will usually get it going again

Catatonic

Nine Lives

As other have indicated, the battery loses power as it gets cold.
When I photograph at or below zero Celsius, I keep my batteries in my inside pockets next to a hand-warmer.
When batteries get older, it gets worse.

Last edited:

clean hairy

A couple of benefits of a dead diad, is that you will not see the green light telling you to go take stops off another driver.
And, you don't have to see the annoying messages they send you.

rod

Retired 22 years
UPS bought II Morrow and they manufactured the first DIADS.

Honeywell makes the DIAD V.

I believe II Morrow was sold to Garmin in the early 2000's.

see how far behind I am------I knew somewhere I had heard that UPS had something to do with the mfg of DIADs