Diad program upgrade. Don't play w/nxda

brown67

Did all of you get the program upgrade for your DIAD? Couple drivers found out that they can't play with their nxda anymore. Like putting air stop in signature b4 10:30, so it won't show as late when they deliver after 10:30. Change town to ocl (outside city limits), so they have til 12:00 instead of 10:30. In some Colorado areas the in town stops are 10:30 and the country area around the town is 12:00. If you over-ride and change to the town name with "ocl" after it you get til 12:00. Not good if you get caught, but some drivers will try it. We are on EDD and if EDD says 10:30 you have to deliver by 10:30. No more tricks.

over9five

Staff member
Good! Drivers that do that are stealing from the customer. If you can't do your airs on time, tell your sup. If he doesn't get you help, deliver them late.

Megansman

You reply: "Yes, I'm telling you that I cannot do it safely." That usually ends with the supe saying something along the lines "well, then do the best you can."

SignatureRequired

So if i arrive at my last air stop at 10:25. 10:30 commit on the air. I have 50 pieces of ground with my air...that takes me about to 10 minutes to find and get off the car. Even though i started scanning this stop before the commit it will come late because i stop completed after 10:30? I do this on occasion but not since the upgrade.

U

UPSdriver33305

I average 10 air stops a day. They're all commercial stops with 6-12 nda's each. I usually don't get to my last air stop until 10:30-10:35. So, I have to scan at my next to last stop to make the commit time. Are you saying I will now have late airs if I continue this?

My center would have my head if I had a dozen late airs.

old levi's

blank space
If you scan your last air pkg. just seconds before the commit time and keep that stop active in the diad ( do not prerecord and bring back up) you have plenty of time for multiple ground pkgs. that also go with that stop. The stop complete can be 10 or 15 minutes later.

:blink:

Automaton

I usually don't get to my last air stop until 10:30-10:35. So, I have to scan at my next to last stop to make the commit time. Are you saying I will now have late airs if I continue this?

With GPS in the diads now I think it would be risky to scan NDA before you actually arrive at the location.

brown67

The delivery time is when you scan the barcode, not hit Stop Complete.:cool:

Not sure about that anymore. One driver scanned a box just before 10:30 hit signature had it signed after 10:30 and it showed late. Thats the way a lot of drivers got around 10:30. They would scan at 10:29 put in signature and drive to stop, have it signed and it wouldn't show as late, because it was scanned and put into signature before 10:30.

helenofcalifornia

I had a NDA with a bad PAL today. PAL label said package should have been delivered by 10:30. Actual address on package said anytime during the day (rural route with no time commits). I manually put correct address in board and it came up late anyway.

Aaron

We got the upgrade on the 19th and noticed a new icon that comes on for a couple of seconds when you first pull the board out of the slot. About time they put the clock on every screen.

Today I had a next day air for a stop along with another 15 boxes or so (unusally heavy for this stop). I scanned the NDA first, and while I was scanning the ground I got this strange feeling that "they" did something that would make the NDA pop up late even though I scanned it at 10:25. So I took two stops.

Something else new that I noticed is in "Special Counts" first item is PPD. What's that?

Ruralbrownman

PPD is the old ARS . Now anything prepaid gets scanned under this column. Have not had the NDA problen here , we have diad4 but we do not have PAS or EED , I wonder if that makes a difference.

P

POPPOP

I was told that at a single piece stop, the delivery time is recorded when the package is scanned. At a multiple piece stop, the time is recorded when the second package is scanned.

DS

Fenderbender
I`ve noticed a couple of things .My ID#is no longer my soc ins #its now my employee # and it now shows the actual amout of NDA p/u I did that day.I had 22 on Tuesday and last week it woulda said 10.
As far as scanning pkgs before commit time,as long as you scan one before 10:30 , that will show as rhe delivery time,even if you dont scan the last one till 10:59,like at a dump stop with 100plus pkgs.

breadbooze

the scan 2 before 10:30 "trick" doesn't work anymore. as someone stated the only way around this is to get the NDA's stop completed by 10:30, otherwise it will show up late. I've tried them all since the upgrade and that is the only way to do it.

outta hours

After reading all of these posts all I can say is thank goodness I have NO commit time on my area. Good luck with all that extra pressure.

over9five

Staff member
I still get to a large bulk stop at 1026 and [-]sheet[/-]....errr...scan airs and ground till 1050. Doesn't come up late.

brown67

We got the upgrade on the 19th and noticed a new icon that comes on for a couple of seconds when you first pull the board out of the slot. About time they put the clock on every screen.

Today I had a next day air for a stop along with another 15 boxes or so (unusally heavy for this stop). I scanned the NDA first, and while I was scanning the ground I got this strange feeling that "they" did something that would make the NDA pop up late even though I scanned it at 10:25. So I took two stops.

Something else new that I noticed is in "Special Counts" first item is PPD. What's that?

PPD stands for pre-paid. Just took the place of ARS.