DIAD Upgrades

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had a misload yesterday and used the misload text message option and did not hear anything from the center so I asked my center manager when I got off road and he said that it probably wasn't online yet and to sheet the pkg as missed and to ODS the info in until they get it online. I do like that option--simply scan the pkg, indicate whether you can or cannot deliver it, and hit send.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I had a misload yesterday and used the misload text message option and did not hear anything from the center so I asked my center manager when I got off road and he said that it probably wasn't online yet and to sheet the pkg as missed and to ODS the info in until they get it online. I do like that option--simply scan the pkg, indicate whether you can or cannot deliver it, and hit send.

You did what you are supposed to do and the technology failed. Seems to be a theme.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
IF YOU HAVE THE NEW SCREENS IN YOUR DIAD THEN THEY HAVE THE NEW TECHNOLOGY.

1) When you scan and send the misload to the center it will show the center:

1. Who sent it in
2. What driver and route it is supposed to go to according to PAS or what the PAL says.
3. Can you deliver Y/N
4. Once it is delivered a green check mark will show on the missed screen (in the center) showing it has been delivered.
5. In the remarks area in your diad screen, type in the address on the package only if it is different from PAL label (either an out of sync or a flipped PAL) THIS STEP IS NOT NECESSARY IF THE PACKAGE IS JUST ON THE WRONG CAR.

The center team must double-click on MISLOADS, at top of screen (yes very complicated) or double click on MISLOADS at the bottom of the ODSe screen. It lists how many and all the information listed above.

Are you getting your edd updated while on road? Are you supposed too? Drop me a PM.

bugman74

yeah the whole no prerecord sucks when your trip is a mall where more than half of the 39 pick ups use campus ship. Trying to convince those stores to go to worldship so I can get an end of day. So much fun loading pu into the truck so I can scan them later.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I like the feature where you can download EDD before putting in the car number. I used to over-ride it and then forget to put the miles in before I left.

kuff

My center can't seem to figure out how to send an updated EDD when we have late air. SOOOOO annoying that we have this technology and they can't figure out how to use it.:anxious:

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
My center can't seem to figure out how to send an updated EDD when we have late air. SOOOOO annoying that we have this technology and they can't figure out how to use it.:anxious:

The same with my center. Their they are to dumb or just lazy probably a combination of both. :happy2:

pudg00

pudg00
I did a early AM route today. Got my shuttle at about 9:30 Asked if they could update my EDD. Response was " I don't know how". What's the point if the office can't use the system?

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Its working good here at this time. Find barcode feature without being in addressed stop is neat. Used the scan/send misload thing a few times this week. Have not had air after leave bldg yet so no edd additions on road. That will be cool. They are still fine tuning the pickup lists and removing the closures etc. One thing though is I was thinking the new system was supposed to include ods pups in am download, but I still get them throughout the day.

DS

Fenderbender
Its working good here at this time. Find barcode feature without being in addressed stop is neat. Used the scan/send misload thing a few times this week. .

we dont have edd yet but the scan/send misload feature is there.
Can i access the find barcode feature without edd? If so,how do I do it?

old levi's

blank space
Its working good here at this time. Find barcode feature without being in addressed stop is neat. Used the scan/send misload thing a few times this week. Have not had air after leave bldg yet so no edd additions on road. That will be cool. They are still fine tuning the pickup lists and removing the closures etc. One thing though is I was thinking the new system was supposed to include ods pups in am download, but I still get them throughout the day.

How do I find the barcode without being in the addressed stop?
Also, I still don't know how to show the entire list of stops from the EDD screen in detail view.

Little help? Thank you, please.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am also curious as to how to use Find BC without being the in the stop. The only ODS pickups that you will have when you first download EDD are those that are already in the system--those that you get during the day are then added to your EDD. Pickups can be added or deleted wirelessly.

M

Mike23

Boy, don't you wish you had fancy software like the Americans? I know I do :(

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I still get the OCA like before but when I put a time in it gets added to the end of the EDD list.

I think you need EDD for that function.

Be careful--you are starting to sound like whine, I mean, Klein.:wink2:
You mean Whein!

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.

How do I find the barcode without being in the addressed stop?
Also, I still don't know how to show the entire list of stops from the EDD screen in detail view.

Little help? Thank you, please.

Have seen nothing here on detail list option.

I am also curious as to how to use Find BC without being the in the stop. The only ODS pickups that you will have when you first download EDD are those that are already in the system--those that you get during the day are then added to your EDD. Pickups can be added or deleted wirelessly.

Start in edd list with no address selected. If you scan a pkg that is missing digits and get the blank scan bar screen, you then just type in the last 4 digits (any 4 will work but last 4 are best) of the bar and as long as it is a unique # to your load it will auto populate the address field and bring you down to the pkg scan, ready for next scan. Not sure how it could work without edd though, as you need edd data in diad for it to search through. If you dont have edd you are both blessed and cursed. Enjoy the time til then, as your ability to plan your travel path is very limited.

Old way needed to be in the actual address already in pkg scan screen.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
When you have an on-route pickup or AEPU or whatever it's called, it shows up in your EDD right below the coinciding delivery stop. What I would like to see is when you get an on-call for a stop you have listed in EDD, the system would place the on-call in the same location as the stop instead of at the end of the list. Another thing would be listing "remove clerk pkgs" as a TASK at the end of the list. I know it's our job to remember but we have people on the dreaded "list" every morning that forgot to pull out a NI3 or refused pkg. One feature I really like is if you get EDD too early and leave the building any pkgs that were SPA'd after you got EDD can be sent to you remotely. Saved my butt from searching a couple of times.

Last edited:

Dragon

Package Center Manager
brownmonster - the center team can now edit the task list both at the start and end of your day. Great suggestion I think I will edit my center's list monday and add it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

brownmonster - the center team can now edit the task list both at the start and end of your day. Great suggestion I think I will edit my center's list monday and add it.

Please keep in mind that your drivers, especially the veterans, know how to do their jobs and to add more tasks may not have the positive effect that you are going for. I have nicknamed these tasks as "2nd grade reminders" and wish they could be deleted in their entirety. However, I do see them as useful for a new or inexperienced driver, kind of like training wheels.