Diad V Steps

NewUPSguy

Hey all,
I'm a new driver still learning the area and the DIAD and am looking to make a Diad "cheat sheet" for us newer drivers that just went to school. Starting to drive airs and have very little Diad experience. If you can add anything, much appreciated!
DR, Sig Req, PreRec, Info Notice, Pickups, COD, and ?

So far I have (which I believe are correct):

PreRec:
1.Key in Address
2.Enter
3.Key in Street Name
4.Enter
*If work is not in Diad, message will read: not found = Press Override
5.Big Arrow Down
6.Scan Package
7.Press Deliver
8.Location #
9.Check Mark (stop complete)

SigRec:
1.Sign Key
2.Enter
3.Get Sig
4.Sign Key
5.Type in Last Name
6.Enter
7.Check Mark
8.Location #

DR:
1.Scan
2.Big Arrow Down
3.Press Deliver
4.Location #
5.Check Mark

UPSGUY72

I couldn't tell you the steps I just do it. Using he DIAD is something that I never think about it just happens and someway and somehow I never have any problems...

This job isn't that hard stop over thinking everthing.

Last edited:
Hey all,
I'm a new driver still learning the area and the DIAD and am looking to make a Diad "cheat sheet" for us newer drivers that just went to school. Starting to drive airs and have very little Diad experience. If you can add anything, much appreciated!

PreRec:
1.Key in Address
2.Enter
3.Key in Street Name
4.Enter
5.Big Arrow Down
6.Scan Package
7.Press Deliver
8.Location #

SigRec:
1.Sign Key
2.Enter
3.Get Sig
4.Sign Key
5.Type in Last Name
6.Enter
7.Check Mark
8.Location #

DR:
1.Scan
2.Big Arrow Down
3.Press Deliver
4.Location #
5.Check Mark
If you get pissed at it spike it off the ground. It'll still work and you'll feel better after.

BrownBuckaroo

Boxy Lady
showposter.jpg

By The Book

Hey all,

PreRec:
1.Key in Address
2.Enter
3.Key in Street Name
4.Enter
5.Big Arrow Down
6.Scan Package
7.Press Deliver
8.Location #

SigRec:
1.Sign Key
2.Enter
3.Get Sig
4.Sign Key
5.Type in Last Name
6.Enter
7.Check Mark
8.Location #

DR:
1.Scan
2.Big Arrow Down
3.Press Deliver
4.Location #
5.Check Mark
From the looks of your steps don't do a cheat sheet. I've ran the Diad 5 a-lot and my brain is about to explode trying to figure out your first 2 examples. Figure it out as you go and ask a driver in your building these questions.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
If you get pissed at it spike it off the ground. It'll still work and you'll feel better after.

That worked great with the DIAD IV usually fixed what ever problem you had with it. However it not so good with the DIAD V.

While I did not spike the Diad off the ground, I did have mishap just this afternoon that made me anxious and happy all at once.

Long story short, was scanning off a ton of pkgs today and rushed a little too much. Missed putting it in slot and on the dash it landed didn't even realize it till... I got up to speed and took a turn at 35. Whoosh, there goes Diad out the side door skidding across asphalt. Stopped and picked it up, little scuffed but that's about it. I laughed at what an idiot I was but I have to admit, I also laughed to myself the rest of the day thinking about it.

@the OP, you don't use a cheat sheet for your car or smartphone do you? Stop sweating the small stuff, it will come to you pretty quick just from repetition. You'll be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

BUCN85

I know big arrow up, void and the back button( square box with arrow pointing to the left). Can pretty much help you with anything. Screw ups that is

"This is called the pre-LOAD not the pre-STACK"

S

selfcancelsignal

They do a turrible job training you on the DIAD at driving school. That being said, get to know a few crafty vets & they'll show you the ropes. Also, at least 1 of your OC sups should be knowledgeable & well respected enough to ask.

Sent while driving from my flip phone via T9 word.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had my helper trained on the basics within his first hour on the car. By the end of the day he was sheeting commercial stops by himself. By the end of the week he was doing multiple left-at's and knew how to use Find BC. He was in the process of qualifying and was praised on his use of the DIAD. Sadly I didn't get to teach how to drive as he was DQ'd for a pretty serious backing accident in the bldg.

JL 0513

It's not worth over thinking Diad steps because you'll know the thing cold in a week. Recording 150 stops a day drills it into you quick.