Did Fedex lose the Amazon.com account??

Billy_Baconhead

I heard and confirmed amazon wasn't shipping out on saturday's anymore. I was curious to know if they are slowly fazing out express? Maybe shifting over to ground? UPS? Interesting to say the least. Our saturday operation has lost 50% of its volume the past 3 weeks. No amazon volume at all...

packageguy

I heard and confirmed amazon wasn't shipping out on saturday's anymore. I was curious to know if they are slowly fazing out express? Maybe shifting over to ground? UPS? Interesting to say the least. Our saturday operation has lost 50% of its volume the past 3 weeks. No amazon volume at all...

Sorry, in the back of my ups truck,

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
That's weird. I saw a boat-load of amazon boxes come into my FDX station yesterday.
Maybe those were the critical shipments that had to be delivered on-time, un-damaged, and for a reasonable price?

ups2000

I heard that UPS is in charge of logistics for Amazon. Supposely Fedex and the USPS was getting upset bc we wasn't sending much volume there way so now we are gonna give them the junk stops.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I heard that UPS is in charge of logistics for Amazon. Supposely Fedex and the USPS was getting upset bc we wasn't sending much volume there way so now we are gonna give them the junk stops.

I worked today and we had a bunch of Amazon.

whenIgetthere

My easiest stops today were the amazons, even the big huge boxes were easy stops. The prescriptions on the other hand defy description about the streets and individuals they were being delivered to!

NYdriver

That's weird. I saw a boat-load of amazon boxes come into my FDX station yesterday.
Maybe those were the critical shipments that had to be delivered on-time, un-damaged, and for a reasonable price?
Just curious, how many stops out of your 50 total for the day were amazon? Hop on a big brown truck and you will see the meaning of work.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Obviously you don't work for FedEx Ground/Home.

Kevinmevin

People who have seen amazon boxes at there fdx stations, are they actually from amazon or are they just customers reusing an amazon box. I see that at ground happen all the time.

vantexan

50 is about the average for you guys

I've had plenty of rts where I delivered and picked up 80 to 100+ stops daily. Before you say that's nothing compared to the average UPS driver I had anywhere from three to 6 UPS drivers on those rts. And I loaded my own truck, often after a hr unloading containers. You seem to have an axe to grind with FedEx couriers which is hard to understand. Great pay, great benefits, and yet anger towards us? Most UPSers seem to pity us.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I've had plenty of rts where I delivered and picked up 80 to 100+ stops daily. Before you say that's nothing compared to the average UPS driver I had anywhere from three to 6 UPS drivers on those rts. And I loaded my own truck, often after a hr unloading containers. You seem to have an axe to grind with FedEx couriers which is hard to understand. Great pay, great benefits, and yet anger towards us? Most UPSers seem to pity us.

Don't even try explaining it. I've tried many times to point out that we work just as hard as they do most of the time. I've got 3 UPS drivers on the route I currently have, and they basically drive a few hundred feet between stops. I've got multiple service levels of freight and numerous on-call pickups which don't cut-off until 1600. There are a few people on here who have worked for both and "get it", but most UPSer's do not.

If you take into account the much lower pay and benefits, we work much harder than they do. We do not have pre-loaders, and many of us must work one or both sorts.

NYdriver

I do not have an axe to grind with any fedex driver. it was the above comment that started my attitude.