Did partimers just royally just friend themselves ?

Undertow

PT workers need to be thrown out the Union.
Maybe create a Union just for them.
They have done nothing but screw FT workers since they were allowed to exist at UPS.
If the company's test runs at rolling out automated operations at select buildings yields real fruit, there might well be a lot less part timers for the union to collect dues from by the time an 82 year old Hoffa proposes hourlies pay the company for the privilege of working 70 hours a week in the month of December.

There's just no telling exactly what the future looks like, but what we do know is that in many places, part timers quit often within weeks or even days after being hired. It's pretty easy to feel like a throwaway employee when all indications are that the company treats the positions in most need of staffing as throwaway jobs. What passes for training on the preload shift now is basically a joke. New hires are thrown into situations they simply can't process and if the training sup has no clue what he or she is doing the trainees aren't learning the right lessons anyway. As soon as drivers arrive for work and see the mess they are left with, the feedback the new hires witness is immediately and overwhelmingly negative.

Crummy pay + Crummy hours + Crummy training + Crummy workplace environment = Crummy job which in turn usually produces Crummy unmotivated employee. If anything, I'm often surprised at how many longtime part timers have managed to keep a decent attitude, an unwavering work ethic and a sense of accountability in while constantly surrounded by near total incompetence and dysfunction.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Well I can tell you, most full timers where I’m at we’re voting no to protect partimers having to go 22.4’s and preserve good wages alongside harassment language. Now that it seems they didn’t bother to vote and put us in this predicament, the next contract is going to be much more selfish.

After all, why worry about someone else when they aren’t worried enough about themselves.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Well I can tell you, most full timers where I’m at we’re voting no to protect partimers having to go 22.4’s and preserve good wages alongside harassment language. Now that it seems they didn’t bother to vote and put us in this predicament, the next contract is going to be much more selfish.

After all, why worry about someone else when they aren’t worried enough about themselves.
Doesn't matter if they continue to not vote. We will never get 50%