Did you think it thru when you retired?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Did you write a goodbye letter and then come back again?

36D61E94-A384-4128-91EC-49FED4A24270.gif

me against them

management can't break me
Worked my last day 4/30 after 31 years. Took my last vacation paid day today (5/1) then vacation out the rest of month. Feels so good knowing I never have to go back in that place again. 52 years old with a lot of life left. Did good with the funds and free from having to work another day in my life if I choose not to like most of you guys on this sight. Guys this feels so good.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Worked my last day 4/30 after 31 years. Took my last vacation paid day today (5/1) then vacation out the rest of month. Feels so good knowing I never have to go back in that place again. 52 years old with a lot of life left. Did good with the funds and free from having to work another day in my life if I choose not to like most of you guys on this sight. Guys this feels so good.
Good for you brother. I got 4 more weeks, last day will be 5/29. First pension check gets deposited 6/1. I can't wait.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
you haven't changed your mind with all this craziness going on in the world and stock market crashing?
Nope, not even close. I won't have to draw on my 401k/ IRA's for at least 5 years so they've got plenty of time to recover, got about a year and a half's worth of living expenses in cash that I can tap in the short term if need be, and moved a goodly chunk of my 401K into the bond fund before this all went down so my paper losses haven't been anywhere near as steep as if I was all in stocks.
Nothing is ever certain, but all in all I feel pretty good about my situation.

Nope, not even close. I won't have to draw on my 401k/ IRA's for at least 5 years so they've got plenty of time to recover, got about a year and a half's worth of living expenses in cash that I can tap in the short term if need be, and moved a goodly chunk of my 401K into the bond fund before this all went down so my paper losses haven't anywhere near as steep as if I was all in stocks.
Nothing is ever certain, but all in all I feel pretty good about my situation.
Good luck today brother enjoy it!!

Shiftless

and

Good for you brother. I got 4 more weeks, last day will be 5/29. First pension check gets deposited 6/1. I can't wait.

Both youse guys! Congratulations!

Time to reap what you sewed! In 3 days (Cinco De Mayo) I have been GONE 15 YEARS! Not bad since I'm only 64!

As retiree's we can tell you this will be the best time of your life. We can tell you time will fly bye like crazy!
We can tell you the first few weeks feel like vacation to various degrees. Some of us can go as far as to tell you the worlds color's are brighter, sounds sweeter, and the feeling of touch is heightened!

Best thing I can tell you? Get BUSY or Die!

Enjoy! BE Happy! Give Back! If you don't have a real Hobby? Get one! Don't be that guy who says I'm just gonna sit on the couch! Those guys we read about in past tense in short order!

Dos Centavo's

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I took every Monday off for about two months leading up to my last day, still didn't stop them from calling on some of those Mondays asking me to work, NOPE.
and

Both youse guys! Congratulations!

Time to reap what you sewed! In 3 days (Cinco De Mayo) I have been GONE 15 YEARS! Not bad since I'm only 64!

As retiree's we can tell you this will be the best time of your life. We can tell you time will fly bye like crazy!
We can tell you the first few weeks feel like vacation to various degrees. Some of us can go as far as to tell you the worlds color's are brighter, sounds sweeter, and the feeling of touch is heightened!

Best thing I can tell you? Get BUSY or Die!

Enjoy! BE Happy! Give Back! If you don't have a real Hobby? Get one! Don't be that guy who says I'm just gonna sit on the couch! Those guys we read about in past tense in short order!

Dos Centavo's
My first 5 years of retirement flew . and you're right about these being the best years especially if you are healthy.

the best part is having options. we can stay home and work in yard, BBQ anyday and sit on deck or jump in car and go for day trip. visiting small town book and thrifts shops are fun for us. getting a hamburger from a small town frosty and eating at the local park is heaven.

having a hobby and time for exercise is priceless. we took a hobby and make pretty good money at it. sometimes more than the pension. I would do it for free but people want to buy my projects. wish i had started it as a sideline 20 years ago.

Very rarely think of UPS unless it is in the news. Our local driver keeps me updated on the local hub news. It's usually depressing or bad news so I don't ask anymore. Those days are long gone.

So enjoy. You earned it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
My first 5 years of retirement flew . and you're right about these being the best years especially if you are healthy.

the best part is having options. we can stay home and work in yard, BBQ anyday and sit on deck or jump in car and go for day trip. visiting small town book and thrifts shops are fun for us. getting a hamburger from a small town frosty and eating at the local park is heaven.

having a hobby and time for exercise is priceless. we took a hobby and make pretty good money at it. sometimes more than the pension. I would do it for free but people want to buy my projects. wish i had started it as a sideline 20 years ago.

Very rarely think of UPS unless it is in the news. Our local driver keeps me updated on the local hub news. It's usually depressing or bad news so I don't ask anymore. Those days are long gone.

So enjoy. You earned it.

not this :censored2: again

Shiftless

Got me thinking????

As I was retire-ing, Like many of us, I had thoughts of WHAT IF? Reviewing the past 15 years of retirement really cements the process of Freedom of Choice!

Sure, when you finally get to the point of saying "I'm done, I want to retire" You weigh out the choices from the past and the choices you will most likely select you hope prove out to be good choices for your future. This B S china virus never entered my mind of something I might face.

Watching the craziness of what we see in our society right now, I really feel a lot of compassion for those out there still going door to door delivering the goods!

So I pondered the question to myself??? Would I if I had the ability to retire? Retire?

I just wonder how many UPSer's have said "I'm done" and are or have retired?

Got me thinking????

As I was retire-ing, Like many of us, I had thoughts of WHAT IF? Reviewing the past 15 years of retirement really cements the process of Freedom of Choice!

Sure, when you finally get to the point of saying "I'm done, I want to retire" You weigh out the choices from the past and the choices you will most likely select you hope prove out to be good choices for your future. This B S china virus never entered my mind of something I might face.

Watching the craziness of what we see in our society right now, I really feel a lot of compassion for those out there still going door to door delivering the goods!

So I pondered the question to myself??? Would I if I had the ability to retire? Retire?

We had a few people retire early early and management due to this pandemic

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Got me thinking????

I ran the numbers a hundred times before i went out. I planned at least 10 years back so as soon as qualified I went out. glad i did. a little anxious the first year but once we seen we were making out okay it was all good.

who could have foreseen this virus thing? i told my spouse before retiring . even with the pension and SS failing , the house was paid off and if need be I could go back to work. got about 7-10 job offers my first year out because everyone knew I worked for UPS.

It's been 5 years now and loving every minute. The main thing now is helping our children and their families during this mess. Helped 2 out at first ( out of 6 ) and the rest have been steadily employed so no hardship there.

I tell guys at work to go out asap and reclaim their lives. They will be happier even with less money. Everyone tells me how happy I look.

11.19igrad

I put my 35 years in and I was ready to leave. I knew there was life after UPS and I intended to make the most of it. Between the pension, 401K, IRA and investments I figured we could get by financially. 10 years later Social Security is even better.
Our travels have included Caribbean cruises, river cruises in Europe, winter trips to Florida and many other destinations.
I never saw this virus coming but hopefully common sense will get us through it.

virus was released