Did you think it thru when you retired?

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I e-mailed my form this morning.Leaving the end of the month.Taking 6 weeks vacation so end of service will be mid June. Toyed with the idea of taking vacation now because of working at camp s--t hole during the pandemic but decided to stay the course.

Indecisi0n

I e-mailed my form this morning.Leaving the end of the month.Taking 6 weeks vacation so end of service will be mid June. Toyed with the idea of taking vacation now because of working at camp s--t hole during the pandemic but decided to stay the course.
What if you get the Rona and don't make retirement?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Congrats!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Congrats!

Best to stick it out now and enjoy your paid time off before your official retirement date.

Do you get to keep your benefits for the following quarter before you have to start paying part of the premiums for retiree healthcare in October?

Shiftless

I started about the same time as another driver I knew. We were part time. Both went to Pkg then Feeder. We were within a year of age of each other.

He was going to retire just 4 weeks after I did. He died two weeks after I retired from a heart attack.

It's all about choices and the hand you're dealt I guess!

Shiftless

Congratulations on your exit! Stay Busy = Stay Alive!

Shiftless

I toasted my pending departure last evening with 12 year old Red Breast Irish Whiskey.

Almost everyone goes thru the Vacation stage at first. Kinda feels like vacation but you really know there is no going back! Then the emotions of why the heck dint I do this earlier stage kicks in for most!

Since you had the years of service, you had the vacation time to experience more than a couple weeks of at a time so the full effect of being retired is something that soaks in! So enjoy this part!

Soon you will realize that its "TRUE" that everyday is like the other. Soon you wont even care what day it actually is unless its working people getting time off and spoiling your day! Gotta Love them Working Stiff's!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
When you were planning your retirement, you probably were looking at
"What if Scenario's"?

Was this one of them that we are seeing today with the Chinese Virus?

What were your concern's when calling it time to move on to the after life?
Without exaggeration I went thru the numbers about a hundred times and yes emergencies , any emergency was taken into account. I was always thinking "what if " and worse case scenarios.

It was put down into a notebook. retirement accts , cash , real estate , pension ,social security.

We looked at the possibility of a market crash....then we would have SS and pension. If for some reason they went to zero then we would have cash to fall back onto for somany years.

If the cash ran out then we could sell the house and live off that for awhile.Probably would go back to work doing anything by that time.

But the point is we thought this thing out.

BigMoney

I knew when i was hired that i would get out as soon as the pension would allow.Since i was peer 80 i got out at 51 with 29 years in.I do no regret it one bit and can't believe it has been over 3 years.Time goes by really quick.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Without exaggeration I went thru the numbers about a hundred times and yes emergencies , any emergency was taken into account. I was always thinking "what if " and worse case scenarios.

It was put down into a notebook. retirement accts , cash , real estate , pension ,social security.

We looked at the possibility of a market crash....then we would have SS and pension. If for some reason they went to zero then we would have cash to fall back onto for somany years.

If the cash ran out then we could sell the house and live off that for awhile.Probably would go back to work doing anything by that time.

But the point is we thought this thing out.

Why do people talk in the third person
Most often when a person does so it's because they're being either defensive about or protecting a particular image. ... But sometimes people who talkabout themselves in the third personcan in fact be displaying an air of haughtiness and grandeur.

this explains some things

oldngray

nowhere special
Why do people talk in the third person
Most often when a person does so it's because they're being either defensive about or protecting a particular image. ... But sometimes people who talkabout themselves in the third personcan in fact be displaying an air of haughtiness and grandeur.

this explains some things

We are not amused.