Didn’t qualify what can I do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait. So you’re quitting before having another job in the bag? This speaks volumes. That’s literally the one piece of advice I give people that say they’re going to quit. Have something concrete lined up before you do.
Please wipe your hands off before posting
You are jelly donut filing all over the screen

Wait. So you’re quitting before having another job in the bag? This speaks volumes. That’s literally the one piece of advice I give people that say they’re going to quit. Have something concrete lined up before you do.
Please wipe your hands off before posting
You are jelly donut filing all over the screen

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I just quit this morning and got hired elsewhere this afternoon. :censored2: UPS, dude. Plenty other places to work.
@mcsketcher : contact the Local Union office, let them know you resigned. Ask them for a "withdrawal card" from the union, it should be free or very inexpensive (like $1 or less). Total up what you have paid for dues, initiation fees, etc. from your paycheck deduction, and ask how much the dues formula is. You may be owed a refund.

For example if the dues formula is 3X your hourly pay rate and you only worked in 2 calendar months, you should only owe 6X whatever your hourly pay rate was.

mcsketcher

@mcsketcher : contact the Local Union office, let them know you resigned. Ask them for a "withdrawal card" from the union, it should be free or very inexpensive (like $1 or less). Total up what you have paid for dues, initiation fees, etc. from your paycheck deduction, and ask how much the dues formula is. You may be owed a refund.

For example if the dues formula is 3X your hourly pay rate and you only worked in 2 calendar months, you should only owe 6X whatever your hourly pay rate was.
I really don’t care. Working for UPS was a mistake. But coming from FedEx gave me the foresight to not waste a second longer than I had to at a job that’s straight up BS. I feel sorry for the minions but I’m done. Washed my hands.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I really don’t care. Working for UPS was a mistake. But coming from FedEx gave me the foresight to not waste a second longer than I had to at a job that’s straight up BS. I feel sorry for the minions but I’m done. Washed my hands.
Where you at now?

Grey MIll

File a grievance you'll probably get an extension. If you had to many ride alongs file a article 37 under nma contract.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
File a grievance you'll probably get an extension. If you had to many ride alongs file a article 37 under nma contract.
CC6B933C-5AC2-458B-9F9A-DF023EDC067D.gif

PT Car Washer

If you were working doubles as often as you said, you should be making about the same money as a new FT driver without the OT. Why give that up?

Shorts365

Good lord. I don’t give management much credit but they’re at least smart enough to see that OP is:

a: slow on the uptake
b. bad at listening
c. entitled
d. no spring chicken

Sorry mang, you’ll never be a RPCD.

mcsketcher

If you were working doubles as often as you said, you should be making about the same money as a new FT driver without the OT. Why give that up?
I was doing 190-230 stops per day. Usually between 9-10 hours per day, and they were still complaining. Wanted me to be more like 8-9 hours. So, bust ass and get as little OT as possible, and cheat. To me there’s also more to life than making as much $ as possible at all costs. $100k would be nice, but if I miss my son growing up and never see my GF, I’m not really interested.

I was also not getting a regular schedule, and the sups would either not tell me at all that I was off, or they’d tell me to be on call without pay just in case when I started calling every day to see if I had work.

It goes on, but UPS is turning into FedEx. I hated FedEx.

Re-Raise

I was doing 190-230 stops per day. Usually between 9-10 hours per day, and they were still complaining. Wanted me to be more like 8-9 hours. So, bust ass and get as little OT as possible, and cheat. To me there’s also more to life than making as much $ as possible at all costs. $100k would be nice, but if I miss my son growing up and never see my GF, I’m not really interested.

I was also not getting a regular schedule, and the sups would either not tell me at all that I was off, or they’d tell me to be on call without pay just in case when I started calling every day to see if I had work.

So you complain at every job?

So all of the thousands of UPS drivers are just able to do something you claim is impossible?

You got to put your time in just like every one of us did.

Unfortunately we are living in an instant gratification society.

El Correcto

god is dead

Oh I’ve seen the type of crap they pull during people’s thirty days. Most these guys commenting qualified a long time ago, I certainly would call some of these dispatches impossible if you’re doing the job correctly. I know my dispatches were, that’s why they got so upset once I let them crash and burn repeatedly.

RPCDs do a much different job than rookies do. Rookies have it way harder. They are less experienced, over supervised and over dispatched. Management harasses the hell out of them because they think they can get away with it and they want to condition them into scared little yes men or make them give up.

I honestly think most people can do this job, they just choose not to. It’s just not a fun job and they treat you like dirt while you do it early in your career. They really are a bunch of pricks to work for up here.

El Correcto

god is dead
There is a light at the end of the tunnel though, unlike most places now.
Job is super easy and I feel very little stress doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.