Didn’t qualify what can I do

Status
Not open for further replies.
LMAO
A true snowflake ^^^^^
He not working for people he despises
I did it over 5 years man I’m allowed to go a new direction if I choose. I just can’t afford to work part time in NJ. It’s not being a snowflake it’s just reality it’s too expensive here

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I did it over 5 years man I’m allowed to go a new direction if I choose
ED24517D-31C8-4409-84E6-0F86F17DEABE.gif

Are you?

Oh, I have a union job.

As long as I don’t lie, hit anyone, or steal stuff, I’ll have a job as long as I want.
I meant you as in me that’s what you’re saying to me in so many words. It’s a club that I’m not in. And can’t get in unless you lie and cheat. Work lunch. Work unsafe. Don’t follow any methods end justifies the means. But if you crash or get hurt as a result of that then you’re doubly screwed

A lot of people told me too that if you show improvement they will take you because they need drivers too badly. Guess that wasn’t the case

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Some people qualify with never scratching. ;)
It's never really been about scratching, but that's the only number they have so it gives you something to shoot for. They want people who are willing to work hard and help them out at peak times and as long as you show them that you're that guy you just need to be in the ballpark and you'll qualify. OP has been working at UPS for 5 years, I guarantee you the first thing the Center Manager did was talk to his manager in the hub to find out what kind of worker he was. It sounds like he didn't get rave reviews.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
A lot of people told me too that if you show improvement they will take you because they need drivers too badly. Guess that wasn’t the case

What does that say about you?
Isnt that kinda harsh you say
You’ve insulted everyone that’s on here so I’am pulling no punches

It's never really been about scratching, but that's the only number they have so it gives you something to shoot for. They want people who are willing to work hard and help them out at peak times and as long as you show them that you're that guy you just need to be in the ballpark and you'll qualify. OP has been working at UPS for 5 years, I guarantee you the first thing the Center Manager did was talk to his manager in the hub to find out what kind of worker he was. It sounds like he didn't get rave reviews.
I was the best sorter in the hub or one of them. No joke. For two sorts. I did doubles few times a week. Was always on time etc. fat lot of help it did but I’m not lying. Could it be they want me inside?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I was the best sorter in the hub or one of them. No joke. For two sorts. I did doubles few times a week. Was always on time etc. fat lot of help it did but I’m not lying. Could it be they want me inside?
Nope. Sorters are a dime a dozen. You didn't qualify because
(A) you didn't scratch the route,
(B) you didn't give them any reason to think that you were gonna improve if they qualified you,
and
(C) your manager in the hub didn't tell them any different when they asked him/her.

(B) you didn't give them any reason to think that you were gonna improve if they qualified you,
and
(C) your manager in the hub didn't tell them any different when they asked him/her.
I did once just not multiple times

El Correcto

god is dead
I meant you as in me that’s what you’re saying to me in so many words. It’s a club that I’m not in. And can’t get in unless you lie and cheat. Work lunch. Work unsafe. Don’t follow any methods end justifies the means. But if you crash or get hurt as a result of that then you’re doubly screwed
we are ups drivers not ups saints.
Life ain’t fair. I really do wish you the best and don’t hold it against you if you got such morals that you lie awake at night thinking about how you skipped your lunch break, maybe exceeded a speed limit on the highway and ran off some packages. I really don’t, you are the one that is going to have to live with yourself, good on you for being so saintly, seriously.

During my 30 days I was constantly being told not to do things. Like do not show up 3 hours early to work preload off the clock, do not block traffic on X street parking directly infront of the business, slow down while sup was riding along with me, take your lunch, etc.

Like if I got a light day in my 30, I didn’t just sit there and take a lunch. I called up the on road on my personal phone and asked him if he had anything he needed me to do before pick ups.

I was not a scratch driver, but I was a sucker and a mark to them. Kissing their asses and thanking them for the opportunity to do so. Some of them had reservations about passing me and knew I was being fake but they did it anyways and regretted shortly afterwards when I did a 180 on them once I made seniority.

and
(D) he ignored all our advice that was given here

Status
Not open for further replies.