Didn’t qualify what can I do

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Okay but I just shelled out 50 to them which is more than ever before and then I get DQd like two days later for no reason but not making their imaginary numbers that doesn’t sit well with me. I’m not an outside hire I was paying dues but it feels like I might as well have been.
First off. “Their” numbers is referring to UPS, not the union. You had not yet qualified as a combo driver.

Secondly, the union was, and is protecting your part time job, which you HAVE attained seniority in.

First off. “Their” numbers is referring to UPS, not the union. You had not yet qualified as a combo driver.

Secondly, the union was, and is protecting your part time job, which you HAVE attained seniority in.
Fair enough. I’m gonna quit my NJ hub because working in the building here is awful and look to be rehired in West Virginia where I want to move. I despise living in New Jersey and I’ve wanted to move for a long time anyway. If I can’t do that then fedex it is lol

Fair enough. I’m gonna quit my NJ hub because working in the building here is awful and look to be rehired in West Virginia where I want to move. I despise living in New Jersey and I’ve wanted to move for a long time anyway. If I can’t do that then fedex it is lol
Well you know if you quit now you'll lose any seniority that you had and if you get rehired somewhere else more than likely you'll just be a seasonal

Well you know if you quit now you'll lose any seniority that you had and if you get rehired somewhere else more than likely you'll just be a seasonal
Yeah I know I’m willing to start over to live somewhere where cost of living is much cheaper. I don’t know why it would be seasonal I see full time and part time permanent postings all over the country for ups

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Have you considered an education transfer?

You would lose building seniority, but would get to keep your other benefits.

That’s one of the benefits the union negotiated, btw.

Have you considered an education transfer?

You would lose building seniority, but would get to keep your other benefits.

That’s one of the benefits the union negotiated, btw.
Yeah I know that’s an exception but that also costs money doesnt it school isn’t free. I also completed my bachelors long ago so I don’t know what I would take

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Yes it is bud they’re charging you a vig against your will under false pretenses of job security but they’re in bed with the company they have a handshake deal to give them virtually anything they want
But you didn’t have a job to be secure.

You were QUALIFYING for the job.

I promise you, they are not in bed with the company. You have absolutely no reason to say this.

Yeah I know I’m willing to start over to live somewhere where cost of living is much cheaper. I don’t know why it would be seasonal I see full time and part time permanent postings all over the country for ups
You'd still have to get your time and to make your union at the new UPS facility and it's getting late in the year where your time might not count towards making your 30 days

You'd still have to get your time and to make your union at the new UPS facility and it's getting late in the year where your time might not count towards making your 30 days
I’m hoping to make a move sooner than later. The prospect of going full time in north jersey was the only thing keeping me here and now that’s over with

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
sopranos-the.gif

But if you couldn't qualify where you're at what makes you think you can qualify somewhere else?
Experience knowing what to expect. Less traffic and volume elsewhere in the country compared to NJ. A few different things. Maybe it won’t be any different I don’t know. But the cost of living is the biggest issue

542thruNthru

Okay but I just shelled out 50 to them which is more than ever before and then I get DQd like two days later for no reason but not making their imaginary numbers that doesn’t sit well with me. I’m not an outside hire I was paying dues but it feels like I might as well have been.
You weren't as good at the job as you thought you were. Let it go and move on.

Experience knowing what to expect. Less traffic and volume elsewhere in the country compared to NJ. A few different things. Maybe it won’t be any different I don’t know. But the cost of living is the biggest issue
Good luck to you whatever you decide to do.
You just got to think it through first, you could move and end up not having any job

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Tony soprano has nothing on the current government and other special interest groups. They are an out of control mafia that has to be shut down under the RICO statutes that they created to shut down the actual mafia that’s the irony
Is all this about $50?

I’ll tell you one thing though I wish to hell I had crashed the car on day 1 rather than four weeks of work for nothing. If I lose a job I want to really do everything I can to deserve it

Status
Not open for further replies.