Didn’t qualify what can I do

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcsketcher

So you complain at every job?

So all of the thousands of UPS drivers are just able to do something you claim is impossible?
I don’t. Not sure what relevance that has here besides a straw man, but whatever.

Lots of drivers are cheating. The rest are doing more than their job title is supposed to do like sorting as you go. IDGAF if anyone else wants to do this job. That’s their business.
You got to put your time in just like every one of us did.

Unfortunately we are living in an instant gratification society.
I don’t actually. Since, yah know, I walked out and got hired the same day.

I don’t expect instant gratification, and that’s not why I quit. My employer will not devalue my work or my personal time. If that doesn’t bother other people they are free to let UPS do it to them. Not my problem.

I don’t. Not sure what relevance that has here besides a straw man, but whatever.

Lots of drivers are cheating. The rest are doing more than their job title is supposed to do like sorting as you go. IDGAF if anyone else wants to do this job. That’s their business.

I don’t expect instant gratification, and that’s not why I quit. My employer will not devalue my work or my personal time. If that doesn’t bother other people they are free to let UPS do it to them. Not my problem.
We're all just the number here.

You can't take it personally just got to keep your eye on the prize

Brownwind

Just curious.. if your really done with the job why are you still coming back to the forum??? Most of us are trying to promote the business and keep it strong so we get a bigger piece. We’re going strong and not trying to do anything to damage our meal ticket. What other company gives you 7 weeks off, 3 sick days and 8 paid holidays off? A pension, health insurance and a cool truck to drive? Great customers, big tips and a sense of community?

Hope it works well for you. We will still be here dressing classy and driving safely. Oh yeah.

mcsketcher

Just curious.. if your really done with the job why are you still coming back to the forum??? Most of us are trying to promote the business and keep it strong so we get a bigger piece. We’re going strong and not trying to do anything to damage our meal ticket. What other company gives you 7 weeks off, 3 sick days and 8 paid holidays off? A pension, health insurance and a cool truck to drive? Great customers, big tips and a sense of community?

Hope it works well for you. We will still be here dressing classy and driving safely. Oh yeah.
Hehe. Cuz I have a week til my new job starts and the notifications from getting quoted keep happening. Gotta turn those off and spam flag some emails.

Plus it will be interesting to see how long all those perks last. FedEx Express started as a pretty good job too. Then piece by piece it started to go away. I’ll probably always be curious. Affirmation that I made the right choice. Etc.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Hehe. Cuz I have a week til my new job starts and the notifications from getting quoted keep happening. Gotta turn those off and spam flag some emails.

Plus it will be interesting to see how long all those perks last. FedEx Express started as a pretty good job too. Then piece by piece it started to go away. I’ll probably always be curious. Affirmation that I made the right choice. Etc.
No union at FedEx, that’s why they suck

mcsketcher

No union at FedEx, that’s why they suck
Lots of reasons why. Def doesn’t help that there’s no union, but if you look at the direction UPS is going even with a union, you’d see it’s just delaying the road FedEx went down, and most successful business goes down eventually.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Lots of reasons why. Def doesn’t help that there’s no union, but if you look at the direction UPS is going even with a union, you’d see it’s just delaying the road FedEx went down, and most successful business goes down eventually.
GTFOH

mcsketcher

You’re just a bitter loser, trying to throw shade.
A fine theory. Except I didn’t lose. I qualified, without cheating, and then when I received the last straw I walked away. You trauma bonded oldsters will cry superiority to your grave, and it won’t matter to whatever generation of upsers finally are made up of the only idiots who could pass a drug test and are willing to drive for crappy wages before being replaced by self driving PCs.

But in your own minds I’m sure you’ll have been a winner. And good for you. Truly.

That’s a good note to leave on. Have a lovely life. Now to change those notification settings.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

You still haven’t told the class what your new job is

I thinks you’re full of :censored2:

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
You still haven’t told the class what your new job is

I thinks you’re full of :censored2:
He was a part time driver. I'm assuming air exceptions? He talks about how he "qualified".
Pretty sure all the air drivers that I've met didn't do more than 5 stops an hour.

So if that was too hard, and too much BS, I'm thinking fast food or retail.

I’m a PT Tues-Sat driver. OT was the only reason I accepted it at first, but then I just got the air rate.

oldngray

nowhere special
He was a part time driver. I'm assuming air exceptions? He talks about how he "qualified".
Pretty sure all the air drivers that I've met didn't do more than 5 stops an hour.

So if that was too hard, and too much BS, I'm thinking fast food or retail.

Brownwind

Well said. Enjoy your time between jobs.

I was doing 190-230 stops per day. Usually between 9-10 hours per day, and they were still complaining. Wanted me to be more like 8-9 hours. So, bust ass and get as little OT as possible, and cheat. To me there’s also more to life than making as much $ as possible at all costs. $100k would be nice, but if I miss my son growing up and never see my GF, I’m not really interested.

I was also not getting a regular schedule, and the sups would either not tell me at all that I was off, or they’d tell me to be on call without pay just in case when I started calling every day to see if I had work.

It goes on, but UPS is turning into FedEx. I hated FedEx.
100K buys you almost nothing and less every day at the rate inflation is going idk why people are talking about that like it’s some kind of rich figure. Hell in like 1980 30K a year was a great living. The country is going down the :censored2:ter the dollar is gonna be nearly worthless and everyone’s gonna be in hell unless you’re one of the elites. UPS drivers are not the elites sorry to say

lol Keep that head firmly up your ass. You’ll probably be retired before you have to deal with it. That was the old guy attitude at FedEx too. Hilarious.

That poster is like a completely delusional yes man for the IBT. Probably he’s getting some kind of kickback off the slush fund from the dues I have no idea

NotFedEx

100K buys you almost nothing and less every day at the rate inflation is going idk why people are talking about that like it’s some kind of rich figure. Hell in like 1980 30K a year was a great living. The country is going down the :censored2:ter the dollar is gonna be nearly worthless and everyone’s gonna be in hell unless you’re one of the elites. UPS drivers are not the elites sorry to say
So you're saying 100k is not enough these days but you plan on moving to a different state with no job in place?? 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.