Difference Between Ground And Express

Meat

I am just your average consumer, and have never worked for either company, but I am still curious to know the difference between Ground and Express.

It seems, 5 or 10 years ago, each company had specific and exclusive branding (e.g. uniforms and trucks); but now it seems the lines have been blurred, and it’s difficult to tell the difference between which company is making a delivery to your home.

Is there a reason for this? Is one company better than the other?

Just wondering. I like to be an informed consumer.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

I am just your average consumer, and have never worked for either company, but I am still curious to know the difference between Ground and Express.

It seems, 5 or 10 years ago, each company had specific and exclusive branding (e.g. uniforms and trucks); but now it seems the lines have been blurred, and it’s difficult to tell the difference between which company is making a delivery to your home.

Is there a reason for this? Is one company better than the other?

Just wondering. I like to be an informed consumer.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.
I thought you quit brown Cafe?
If you never worked here why do you care?

Meat

Well you do know this site is for FedEx and UPS employees not for the general public.

That's another problem we need to be addressed on Brown Cafe

A bigger problem than your grammar?

Just kidding (sort of).

I’m a customer that has questions about the brand, so the FedEx section of the BC seems like a logical place to post them.

zeev

Running two delivery systems side by side has compromised both systems , finally they just admitted the obvious. Despite all the semi trucks and airplanes 70-80% of the cost of a package is the final mile.

Meat

Running two delivery systems side by side has compromised both systems , finally they just admitted the obvious. Despite all the semi trucks and airplanes 70-80% of the cost of a package is the final mile.

Do you think the brands will be forced to combine?

bacha29

Why is Express deteriorating in your opinion?
Ground is the car they're running in the Race To The Bottom. That's of course if they can find somebody willing to drive it for the federal agricultural minimum wage ($6.25)..or less.....and buy the gas.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Why is Express deteriorating in your opinion?
Piss poor management at the top. They’re living in a bubble and thinking all is well at Fedex because they’re either being lied to or they’re choosing to ignore the problems and refusing to make needed changes. Think of that children’s story The Emperor has no Clothes. They probably can’t figure out why turnover is so high. All they’d have to do is skip front line management and ask any hourly front line employee and they’d get lots of good answers why. Unfortunately, they’re insulated from the sweaty hourlies except in planned quick meetings with limited questions.

They don’t WANT to know. They’re getting theirs. They’ve figured out how to provide the least possible service to customers and still retain most of them. Also, society as a whole has learned to lower their expectations, allowing them to get away with even worse service.

As a customer, you’re screwed. Fedex sucks and UPS is getting worse too. You just have to hope for the best when shipping your packages. On behalf of myself and other Express couriers who bent over backwards to take care of FedEx’s customers, those of us who put our heart and soul into the company, I apologize. It is what it is now though.