Express volume finally moving to Ground...

I'm just curious if everyone throughout the country is seeing the dramatic reduction in Express volume? It seems as though the volume they spoke about moving to Ground several years ago before the pandemic started is finally started to move to Ground. I suppose their grand plan of moving us into Ground facilities is starting to shape up in their eyes.

yadig

I’ve been saying this was coming for years. It’s moving express volume through a cheap network! Fat Freddy must be excited to see his dreams coming to fruition.

HedleyLamarr

There will no longer be fulltime Express couriers in a few years. Y'all need to start looking for another job if you haven't already.
Obviously, we know why the company is doing this, but I was hoping they would pause it in my area after the complete collapse of Ground during peak. It was an embarrassing joke. I no longer wear any FedEx apparel outside of work because quite honestly, I dont want to be associated with this company outside of working hours.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
There will no longer be fulltime Express couriers in a few years. Y'all need to start looking for another job if you haven't already.
Obviously, we know why the company is doing this, but I was hoping they would pause it in my area after the complete collapse of Ground during peak. It was an embarrassing joke. I no longer wear any FedEx apparel outside of work because quite honestly, I dont want to be associated with this company outside of working hours.
One of the reasons I retired when I did. I was no longer proud to work for Express. I was embarrassed for what the company has become.

Thesearecrazytimes

I know it wont really change things/matter/be truthful, but I hope this years SFA shows it.
It may not. Fedex can decide what weighting to give to each issue on the SFA. For example, if they have ten issues, and 8 of them come up abysmally, they will just give the weighting of those 8 five percent each, and the other two 60 percent. Makes them look really good on paper. They use to post the weightings on each question but that transparency went away years ago. Marking sometimes agree/sometimes disagree really screws up the weighting BTW.

AB831

What's going to happen to the full time couriers? Become Ground "employees" who do more work for less pay?

SmithBarney

What's going to happen to the full time couriers? Become Ground "employees" who do more work for less pay?
Option to PT first wave run P1 til noon and 2nd wave run 2pm-8pm. the only routes that will be kind of saved are rural routes.. bid one now.

Basement Dweller

FO and SO volume at my Hub remains high but 2-day and express saver has dropped off a cliff. If not for Walmart and golf clubs my secondary would have no freight.

Star B

White Lightening
Option to PT first wave run P1 til noon and 2nd wave run 2pm-8pm. the only routes that will be kind of saved are rural routes.. bid one now.
Or... those would be the ones to go completely ground first. I mean, make the P1 commits 1630 "close of business day" (like most of them are now anyway) and bam, there you go.

Serf

You might be right. In theory; if express had a permanent part time work force scheduled for 30 hrs a week. A set real guaranteed pay scale, & excellent benefits. It could be a plausible thing for a premier overnight company. But obviously pay needs to be in the 27-41$ hr range for PT.