Dirty camera

messUPS

Any tips on how to keep the camera clean. After a nice rain and a few dirt roads I can't see anything in my camera. Especially with it getting dark out so soon now!!

messUPS

I guess I meant the fact that I drive a few miles between stops and I can wipe my camera off at my stop but when I get to the next one its dirty again.

kingOFchester

I guess I meant the fact that I drive a few miles between stops and I can wipe my camera off at my stop but when I get to the next one its dirty again.

Send message to center asking how to handle the situation. Reaching up could cause an end range motion injury, driver fault. A car could plow into you as you are cleaning it and you will be charged with and avoidable accident because you didn't expect the unexpected. You could slip off the bumper causing a slip and fall. Remember, UPS doesn't want us to think. They want us to work as directed.

J/K

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yeah I clean it off some but not every stop. Most places I'm fine without it. I'm curious though a few have mentioned rainX does this actually work? When you drive on gravel after it rains we are talking about the camera being covered in mud.

Nimnim

The Nim
That's what I was thinking. Drove for many years without any need for a camera.

Did you also drive 10 miles, in the snow uphill both ways?
th_102_.gif

I'll agree it shouldn't be an issue, but the technology is there, why shouldn't we use it effectively?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I have a rural rte and am on dirt roads constantly. Though my camera gets dusty over days it generally is not enough to impede vision. I usually will clean mine once a week unless the weather requires it more often. I wipe my monitor off more than I need to clean the camera.

UPSGUY72

Any tips on how to keep the camera clean. After a nice rain and a few dirt roads I can't see anything in my camera. Especially with it getting dark out so soon now!!

You will learn to deal with it. The Back up camera is an extra tool to assist in making sure the area behind you is clear while backing. When driving down the road you have slide view mirrors USE THEM.

barnyard

KTM rider
YI'm curious though a few have mentioned rainX does this actually work?

Yes it does. I have heard other drivers talk about the fact that it used to be that they were allowed to punch in early every other month or so to apply Rain X to their windshields. That was back when we washed cars every day.

If you use it, the key is to start with a very clean windshield and then buff the RainX into the windshield very well. It takes some effort to do it right, but it does pay off.

I use RainX on my motorcycle faceshields and on my pickup.

rod

Retired 22 years
I never had a camera. They were just begining to be installed when I retired and my truck apparently was on the tail end of the install camera list. I always backed by sound. Also if the back of your head hit the bulkhead when you hit the loading dock you may have been backing a little too fast.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
YI'm curious though a few have mentioned rainX does this actually work?

Yes it does. I have heard other drivers talk about the fact that it used to be that they were allowed to punch in early every other month or so to apply Rain X to their windshields. That was back when we washed cars every day.

If you use it, the key is to start with a very clean windshield and then buff the RainX into the windshield very well. It takes some effort to do it right, but it does pay off.

I use RainX on my motorcycle faceshields and on my pickup.

I know rainX works my question was does it work on the rear view camera.

satellitedriver

To be honest, I rarely depend on the camera.
Old school works best.
Never put yourself in a position to back after the delivery.
My main use for the camera is to catch "yard monkeys"-( that is my name for children)- trying to ride the back bumper, when I leave.
I don't blame the little twerps for trying.-( I did the same as a kid and enjoyed the thrill)-