Dirty DIADS?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Heard on the news this morning that 1 in 6 cell phones are contaminated with poop/fecal material/e coli bacteria! Makes you wonder how many DIADs have the same contamination?
Will never look at the DIAD the same again. How many of our consignees sign for their parcels just after leaving the bathroom and dropping a doodie?
Think I'm going to invest in some latex gloves!

UPSGUY72

Heard on the news this morning that 1 in 6 cell phones are contaminated with poop/fecal material/e coli bacteria! Makes you wonder how many DIADs have the same contamination?
Will never look at the DIAD the same again. How many of our consignees sign for their parcels just after leaving the bathroom and dropping a doodie?
Think I'm going to invest in some latex gloves!

As long as you don't touch your eyes or your nose you can't get sick.

Anyways I would think the DIAD would be the least of your problems if your worried about getting sick. You touch hundred if not thousands of packages a week from all over the world go in in out probably a couple of hundred doors a day that hundred of other people also do and your worried about your DIAD.

CFLBrown

It's even more fun watching people refuse to use the diad pen. So they sign with their finger tip or their own pen, then quickly head for the sanitizing gel.

Someone started to write on the screen with the tip of the pen out and I warned them they would have to pay for the DIAD if they wrote on the screen. hehe

I carry antibacterial wipes with me and wipe down the diad every time someone with a cold or the flu has to sign for the package. This post makes me want to wipe down the diad every time period.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
It reminds me of a story last winter !

Some office lady came down and talked to us about the upcoming flu season. One of her comments is that we should be wiping our diads all the time so we can keep ourselves as germ-free as possible. One of our "out-spoken" drivers asked her if UPS will be supplying us sterile wipes for the upcoming months.

She took a step in his direction and with a louder voice, " You make enough money, why don't you think about your own health !!!"

Every driver had their jaws dropped !! We know they think that way, but never, ever hear it from them !!!

Big Babooba

Anyways I would think the DIAD would be the least of your problems if your worried about getting sick. You touch hundred if not thousands of packages a week from all over the world go in in out probably a couple of hundred doors a day that hundred of other people also do and your worried about your DIAD.

You forgot your mouth, BUT if we were allowed a fifth of Jack Daniels a day, we could keep our mouths safe from all those dangerous microbes. Do you think that the DOT and the police care about our health? Hell No, they just care about public safety!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I can't believe some of the dirty DIADs that drivers take out everyday. I have seen some that were so nasty you couldn't see the letters and numbers on them. I clean mine everyday, I like my tools clean.

Cementups

Box Monkey
We have a huge container of wipes in our Diad office provided to us to clean our Diads. The filth doesn't bother me one bit to be honest with you. As 407 said, what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

old levi's

blank space
I can't believe some of the dirty DIADs that drivers take out everyday. I have seen some that were so nasty you couldn't see the letters and numbers on them. I clean mine everyday, I like my tools clean.

A clean tool is a happy tool. Just saying..............

DS

Fenderbender

3rd world pee and poo yuck...I'm more scared of that

satellitedriver

Germs smerm's.
Everyday, each of us handle the filthiest germ transferring medium and think not a single thought about it.
What is this evil among us, you ask?

Paper Money.

I read a study in the late 1990's that showed that 80% of $100 dollar bills were contaminated with cocaine.
You really do not want to know the percentage of e coli, and various other harmful virus's found on the common $1dollar bill.

It even applies to your credit/debit card.

Happy Halloween.

rod

Retired 22 years
I used to just take mine into the bathroom with me and wash it with soap and hot water just like you do your hands. They are waterproof after all. (for the most part) :-)

old levi's

blank space
I used to just take mine into the bathroom with me and wash it with soap and hot water just like you do your hands. They are waterproof after all. (for the most part) :-)

We're still talking about diads right? No dear, I'm just washing it,for you.

CharleyHustle

I was watching a TV show years ago and they analyzed those bowls of candy you see out on the receptionists counter when you walk into an office. They said the major contaminant was human urine. I lost 5-10 pounds after seeing that.