Disapointed at the American people

browndevil

You know what disgusted me? How members of the audience treated President Bush. Sitting on their hands instead of applauding. Chanting crap like it was a high school football game.

No class.

I will keep this short and to the point. What I witnessed on inauguration day 1/20/09 made me lose faith in our country.

I didn't vote for President Obama but think its a wonderful feat by an african-american. Can we get past the color of his skin? He needs to lead our country through one of its worse times and all that I see on TV is people crying becuase of his ethicity and how great he is with words.

What about his policies? Does anyone know what his polices are? I bet 90% of the people sobbing on TV have no idea what his voting record is.

What disturbs me the most is he wants to close Quantanamo Bay and let 250 of the most dangerous and loathsome people a better existence. These are the people that want to kill your children and want to explode drity bombs in New York city.

Its this reason why I support George Bush's presidency. We haven't had a terrorist attack in 7+ years. Al-queda is on the run and a shell of their former self. The Taliban is gone and so is Saddam Hussein.

The Taliban harbored and supported terrorism. Saddam Hussein was worse than Hitler. Saddam gassed 500,000 of his own people. If he ever developed a nuclear weapon he would use it and kill tens of millions of people.

What makes me sick though is we have millions of enemies. Just being a US citizens makes us enemies to the world and half of our citizens think George Bush is the enemy?
I don't care if he was the worse president that ever lived. We needed to stand behind him and we didn't. He kept us safe for 7 years and you are happy an arab threw 2 shoes at him?

I guess you are with the terrorists.
Hey Brownie I hope you don't lose faith brother from what I read you appear to have a good heart. I know Bush's leaving office as an unpopular Pres. and his approval rating tanking. I never voted for him. I disagreed with him on most things if not everything. But he was the Pres. of the United States and I respected the office he held. Yes I was appalled watching those people applaud when the helecopter took of.

browniehound

Hey Brownie I hope you don't lose faith brother from what I read you appear to have a good heart. I know Bush's leaving office as an unpopular Pres. and his approval rating tanking. I never voted for him. I disagreed with him on most things if not everything. But he was the Pres. of the United States and I respected the office he held. Yes I was appalled watching those people applaud when the helecopter took of.

Thanks Browndevil. Respect for the office is all I am looking for and I think the respect was completely lacking during Bush's last term.

browniehound

So in other words, you believe that our government should be able to arrest anyone it wants to, chain and blindfold them, ship them off to an overseas base in and hold them indefinately....without filing charges, without giving them legal representation, and without affording them the right to a trial?

Yes I think our government should. Sober, I think you are missing something. Correct me if i'm wrong but we are not dealing with bank robbers, theives, murderers, and child molesters, etc. Yes the person that touched your 5 year-old daughter has the right to a fair trial, i guess.

The people that don't deserve a fair trial are the ones who commit acts of war. Respectfully, can you see the difference? They are not american citizens. The pisoners held at GITMO are the ones who planned the 9-11 terrorist attacks. They commited acts of terrorism and war and don't deserve any type of trial.

These people want every american dead. They want to see your wife and children suffer a slow and painful death. How can you suggest they deserve any rights?

Please tell me I misunderstood you?

DS

Fenderbender
Someone mentioned about putting Gitmo prisoners on Alcatraz. I think that's a great idea to put them in Pelosi's district and I would make them all work and refurbish the deserted prison and bring it back to a functioning prison. :peaceful:
I LIKE IT moreluck ,with toothbrushes,
but I'm not sure I agree about Mr Obama,
I like him...he may be young,but seems purer of heart than Jimmy Carter:)
I find it strange that NOBODY here in the bc voted for him yet he's the president .

So in other words, you believe that our government should be able to arrest anyone it wants to, chain and blindfold them, ship them off to an overseas base in and hold them indefinately....without filing charges, without giving them legal representation, and without affording them the right to a trial?
That is NOT what I wrote or even suggested and you are spouting poison from the liberal left talking heads. I do not believe our government went Willie-Nillie arresting anyone without some evidence of their involvement with one or more factions that threaten our safety. YOU nor I know a damn thing about why they arrested any of the people at GITMO. You listen to Pelosi and lord knows who else and come to the conclusion that we are imprisioning people without cause.
With your opposition to what I typed,I can only surmise that you are in favor of allowing people that are planning the next massacare of American citizens on American soil to walk around diagraming their carnage without an attempt to stop them?

browndevil

I LIKE IT moreluck ,with toothbrushes,
but I'm not sure I agree about Mr Obama,
I like him...he may be young,but seems purer of heart than Jimmy Carter:)
I find it strange that NOBODY here in the bc voted for him yet he's the president .
Count me as one who voted for Obama DS as did the majority in my center when we did an inpromto poll. I was actually quite surprised he won by such a large margin nationwide. I live in the progressive/liberal Bay Area where Obama bumper stickers outnumbered McCain by 20-1:happy2:
As for Alcatraz More....Ouch, funny tho I just toured that island last weekend it would be REALLY bitter cold at night:whiteflag:

And you know this? How?
Are you saying that what they did was so terrible and awful that people must never find about it, lest we be somehow "compromised"?

I can't prove it to be fact, but you can't prove it isn't fact.
Same as some of the awful things we are supposed to have done to your poor little terrorists. Tell ya what, why don't you drop a line to "0" and tell him you will house one of the GITMO detainees at your house till they get him a lawyer.
IT is more the HOW they(terrorists) did what they did. Exposing weak spots in the armor brings more strikes to that armor.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I can't prove it to be fact, but you can't prove it isn't fact.
Same as some of the awful things we are supposed to have done to your poor little terrorists. Tell ya what, why don't you drop a line to "0" and tell him you will house one of the GITMO detainees at your house till they get him a lawyer.
IT is more the HOW they(terrorists) did what they did. Exposing weak spots in the armor brings more strikes to that armor.
I can't "prove" that you don't beat your wife, but that doesn't mean that you do. If I claimed that you beat your wife, it would be incumbent on me to provide some evidence to support that claim. If you make an assertion, the burden of proof is on you, not me. Regarding the detainees at Guantanamo bay, you said:
"Are you aware that there are several of the detainees that their crimes are so elevated and involved that it would be a breach in national security for them to be put on trial? The details of what, where and how would compromise our country."

If you can't support that statement with any sort of evidence, then why are you making it?

UPS Lifer

I didn't vote for him either, but he is the president and as such I will support him. It scares the hell out of me that he wants to close Gitmo.:dissapointed:

I don't quite understand this thing with Gitmo? Is it because it is associated with torture or un-American activities or is it because the left wing sees it as a victory against the Bush administration???

Tell me what state will want them in their backyard? Why are we opening our front door to the worst of the worst American haters?

What really surprises me is that McCain was/is for this as well ? ! ? !

UPS Lifer

Count me as one who voted for Obama DS as did the majority in my center when we did an inpromto poll. I was actually quite surprised he won by such a large margin nationwide. I live in the progressive/liberal Bay Area where Obama bumper stickers outnumbered McCain by 20-1:happy2:
As for Alcatraz More....Ouch, funny tho I just toured that island last weekend it would be REALLY bitter cold at night:whiteflag:

OHH! I got a great idea! Let's put all the Gitmo detainees (America Haters) in the San Francisco City Hall or maybe hole them up in the state legislature in Sacramento! Yes.... This will work out well.

If it doesn't work - we can lock them up in the basement of the Sears Tower along with Blog-son-of-a-bich!!!

Maybe we can get UPS to put them in one of the Bay areas hubs - that could work also!!!

browndevil

OHH! I got a great idea! Let's put all the Gitmo detainees (America Haters) in the San Francisco City Hall or maybe hole them up in the state legislature in Sacramento! Yes.... This will work out well.

If it doesn't work - we can lock them up in the basement of the Sears Tower along with Blog-son-of-a-bich!!!

Maybe we can get UPS to put them in one of the Bay areas hubs - that could work also!!!
No we have a layoff list:happy2: Hey where have you been?

UPS Lifer

If the black people are saying he's black, they're wrong. He's only half black. He's also half white.

I didn't vote for him because I think he's too in-experienced regardless of his color. A better "black candidate" would've been Michael Steele and he would've had my vote.

Ok, we're stuck with him for at least 4 years, I crawl back into my cave and come out again when he's gone.

More - I disagree with the half-white analysis also. I understand that he truly is half white BUT maybe it has to do with the fact that there is a dominant or commanding gene. I honestly believe that an outstanding majority of African-Americans think of BO as black. Maybe I am just too skeptical, but I think white folks are deluding themselves (present company excluded!) if they think of him as anything but African-American.

My analogy is this. Take a glass of milk and put one teaspoon of chocolate syrup in the glass - stir it up and you have chocolate milk. We do not call it half white and chocolate milk. In essence, 99% of the milk is still there. But once you take a sip you say Ah! A good cup of chocolate milk. the chocolate flavor and color now dominates.

Two generations from now - I think racism will be almost non existent.

My test on racism for myself is this.

Am I OK with my kids marrying an African-American or for that matter any other race or religion? (except maybe atheism - I still have a problem with that.)

As long as my kids are happy - I will embrace their choice for marriage and embrace that person into my family. My wife feels the same way. I also do not doubt for a minute that either of my boys could end up with any color or creed in the spectrum. I am fine with that!

As for BO as President. He will get a huge honeymoon from the liberal media - this makes me sick only because it sends a signal of lack of accountability. If BO is not held accountable he may not make decisions because of the free pass. Fortunately the world media will not be as kind as the US liberal media. This will give BO a barometer and I do know that BO is smart enough to monitor FOX to get a more true perspective on his presidency.

Except for T Geithner and Eric Holder, I think he has been doing well since the election and the transition is going smoothly. I want him to succeed. We need him to succeed.

All indicators point to what I consider a depression not a recession and we need great leadership from EVERYBODY right now. Put the BS/politics behind us and let's move forward as a country.

browniehound

Yes! If the government has evidence that these people are going to fly planes into buildings or explode a nuclear weapon in the vicinity of 8 million people than I believe they should be "chained, blindfolded, and shipped overseas".

SOber, do you want to give them a nice cell with cable TV and 3 squares a day?

Are you the shoe bomber that somehow has internet access?

P

pickup

More - I disagree with the half-white analysis also. I understand that he truly is half white BUT maybe it has to do with the fact that there is a dominant or commanding gene. I honestly believe that an outstanding majority of African-Americans think of BO as black. Maybe I am just too skeptical, but I think white folks are deluding themselves (present company excluded!) if they think of him as anything but African-American.

My analogy is this. Take a glass of milk and put one teaspoon of chocolate syrup in the glass - stir it up and you have chocolate milk. We do not call it half white and chocolate milk. In essence, 99% of the milk is still there. But once you take a sip you say Ah! A good cup of chocolate milk. the chocolate flavor and color now dominates.

Two generations from now - I think racism will be almost non existent.

My test on racism for myself is this.

Am I OK with my kids marrying an African-American or for that matter any other race or religion? (except maybe atheism - I still have a problem with that.)

As long as my kids are happy - I will embrace their choice for marriage and embrace that person into my family. My wife feels the same way. I also do not doubt for a minute that either of my boys could end up with any color or creed in the spectrum. I am fine with that!

As for BO as President. He will get a huge honeymoon from the liberal media - this makes me sick only because it sends a signal of lack of accountability. If BO is not held accountable he may not make decisions because of the free pass. Fortunately the world media will not be as kind as the US liberal media. This will give BO a barometer and I do know that BO is smart enough to monitor FOX to get a more true perspective on his presidency.

Except for T Geithner and Eric Holder, I think he has been doing well since the election and the transition is going smoothly. I want him to succeed. We need him to succeed.

All indicators point to what I consider a depression not a recession and we need great leadership from EVERYBODY right now. Put the BS/politics behind us and let's move forward as a country.

I don't even see a black man when I see Obama , I just see the current president who is a heckuva a speaker.(now if it were sharpton, forget it) He is a politician and hence is probably as much as a liar as bush and clinton but I know I don't feel like turning off the tv when he speaks, unlike bush(sorry guys, worst speaker as a president) I also think he is an excellent role model for the african american community who can certainly use one as oppossed to many of the rapster/gangsters that are held up as a standard. I don't think anyone will be inspired to walk around with their underwear half out as a result of media exposure to mr. obama. God help the man. Amen !

P

pickup

That much being said, I would have voted for McCain if he were ten years younger but i voted for Obama because it seemed like an unknown(six weeks to get to know Palin) would have been a melanoma away from the presidency with McCain in white house. I went for the lesser unknown.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
That much being said, I would have voted for McCain if he were ten years younger but i voted for Obama because it seemed like an unknown(six weeks to get to know Palin) would have been a melanoma away from the presidency with McCain in white house. I went for the lesser unknown.

Palin was a real deal-breaker for me. I try to be tolerant and respectful of all religous faiths but I really do not want anyone who speaks in toungues and believes we are in the "end times" to have the launch codes for the nuclear missiles.