Disapointed at the American people

Palin's religion didn't bother me at all. Everytime I heard her talk, be it in a speech or in an interview, I listened closely to what she said and it pretty well matched up to how she ran her city and her state. That showed me consistency and that is something I haven't seen with Obama. None of that matters now though, O won we are stuck with him for 4 years.
I personally want to O succeed and to fail, I want him to succeed in pulling the economy around, I want him to succeed in finding a good jumping off point in Iraq. Many of his social programs are nothing but give aways and we can't stand too many more of those, so yeah I want him to fail in that aspect.

UPS Lifer

Palin was a real deal-breaker for me. I try to be tolerant and respectful of all religous faiths but I really do not want anyone who speaks in toungues and believes we are in the "end times" to have the launch codes for the nuclear missiles.

Soberups

Can you tell me who said "I can see Russia from my house?"

Please - let Soberups answer this - Thanks!

Also - I am wondering if you can remember where you heard that she supports or believes in speaking in tongues" and that we are in "end times". I never heard her say this (maybe she did). Is it something from years ago or is it because a church she once belonged to preached these things?? I do remember reading somewhere that she belonged to some church that was not in (how should I put this delicately) .... the main stream?

Last edited:

UPS Lifer

Like the Liberals/Democrats did when Bush defeated Gore?

We should aspire to be better than people like that.

I have learned an awful lot about people by playing golf with them.... or playing a game with others. ... Or handle the way they handle themselves in a crisis or when they lose the Presidency! I have more admiration now for McCain than ever before. It does not mean that I agree with everything he says or does but it does mean that I am proud to say I support him through thick and thin and very proud that he is my senator.

When you have a loss - no matter what it is, the most important thing is how you handle yourself and even more important how & what you learn or take away from the loss.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We should aspire to be better than people like that.

I have learned an awful lot about people by playing golf with them.... or playing a game with others. ... Or handle the way they handle themselves in a crisis or when they lose the Presidency! I have more admiration now for McCain than ever before. It does not mean that I agree with everything he says or does but it does mean that I am proud to say I support him through thick and thin and very proud that he is my senator.

When you have a loss - no matter what it is, the most important thing is how you handle yourself and even more important how & what you learn or take away from the loss.
Very well said.