Discharge for misload

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I received a discharge for misloads and did not grieve it within 14 days. My question is can I be fired for this? It's been about 2 weeks since the deadline of the grievance.
If your sup remembers it I would be shocked. Coming from a sup.

Get me a steward

Thanks for the reply. Obviously I will talk to a steward tomorrow just in case. But does anyone know if there is a deadline to which they can persue a discharge?

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Basically, if you did not grieve a suspension or discharge within the the time limits specified in your area, that means you are accepting the suspension or discharge. In the case of a suspension, your management will most likely schedule when it is most convenient for the company.

Some areas have an agreement to 'automatically grieve' suspensions/discharges.

Once the grievance process is started, the discipline is on hold until your steward or business agent agree to it (or negotiate a lesser penalty), or it advances to the next level (usually a formal labor-management panel or committee).

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I dont jnderstand you guys who lpad package cars and get misloads. All you have to do is take your time. One box at a time. Maybe you guys deserve being disciplined for your ignorance.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I received a suspension write up about 6 months ago. I was never suspended for it though. Thank you hondo.

Did you receive a warning letter before this suspension letter?

jacobram said:
I received a discharge for misloads and did not grieve it within 14 days. My question is can I be fired for this? It's been about 2 weeks since the deadline of the grievance.

You say you did not grieve a discharge within 14 days? And it's been 2 weeks since the 14 days were up.

That means they discharged you over a month ago. And you're still here? Something's not right.

Are you sure it was a discharge letter and not a warning letter with wording "up to and including discharge?"

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I dont jnderstand you guys who lpad package cars and get misloads. All you have to do is take your time. One box at a time. Maybe you guys deserve being disciplined for your ignorance.
One box at a time...who the hell taught you how to load a PC? Have you ever heard of.....here's a UPS term...."an optimum carry"???

Last edited:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I have never....in my almost 9 years on preload....seen a preloader with seniority fired for misloads. I know a guy who got double digit misloads once or twice a week for months..,he still works here.

Get me a steward

I'm probably one of the safest and slowest loaders when it comes to package cars. Which generally means at the end of the day I have another guy sprinting in and out of my other two trucks trying to finish fast for whatever reason. That's what gets me the write ups. Anytime i have more than one misload I get written up. That means if I misload one box the entire day and another guy misloads one I'm getting a write up every time.
As for why I didn't grieve it. I didn't know the date of the actual write up to grieve it, when I asked management they basically just gave me the run around on letting me see my disipline folder. I asked 4 days in a row including involving a steward. The last time i asked was a Friday and by the time Monday hit I had forgetten about it. In my building there has never been a preloader fired for misloads I'm just wondering if that just means they've never been fired after grieving