Discharge for misload

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
You should have filed on this and if you got a warning letter. It seems misloads are the flavor of month right now. Their cracking down at my building for them to. Still I don't know if your already fired or your still working.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I dont jnderstand you guys who lpad package cars and get misloads. All you have to do is take your time. One box at a time. Maybe you guys deserve being disciplined for your ignorance.
Everybody makes mistakes. But if there is a pattern then it's a problem.
I asked 4 days in a row including involving a steward. The last time i asked was a Friday and by the time Monday hit I had forgetten about it.
So it was such a big deal you asked 4 days in a row, but then forgot about it? Something isn't clicking here...

box_beeyotch

Was there a steward present when your discharged? If he was any kind of real steward, he would have had you sign off on the grievance immediately after. Sounds to me like this job isn't all that important to you.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I'm probably one of the safest and slowest loaders when it comes to package cars. Which generally means at the end of the day I have another guy sprinting in and out of my other two trucks trying to finish fast for whatever reason. That's what gets me the write ups. Anytime i have more than one misload I get written up. That means if I misload one box the entire day and another guy misloads one I'm getting a write up every time.
As for why I didn't grieve it. I didn't know the date of the actual write up to grieve it, when I asked management they basically just gave me the run around on letting me see my disipline folder. I asked 4 days in a row including involving a steward. The last time i asked was a Friday and by the time Monday hit I had forgetten about it. In my building there has never been a preloader fired for misloads I'm just wondering if that just means they've never been fired after grieving
You shouldn't need help everyday. If
you picked up the pace...and kept up with the flow...you wouldn't need help at the end of the.day. If I was disciplined every time I had more than one misload...I'd have made damn sure they were disciplining all loaders with misloads. If not, you shouls have filed a harassment grievance.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
So when the shipper tracks it it shows NS Street even though it's a good address?
Yeah, if the street doesn't exist in my city (misload for another city) then it's ns st, then it gets corrected and put out for delivery again the next day. If it's not far away I just deliver it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yeah, if the street doesn't exist in my city (misload for another city) then it's ns st, then it gets corrected and put out for delivery again the next day. If it's not far away I just deliver it.

I'm confused-----how can the address be valid if it is close to your area yet need an address correction if it is too far to run off?

If there is nothing wrong with the address and it is just a misload for another area just send it in through the DIAD and wait for them to tell you how to sheet it.

box_beeyotch

I'm confused-----how can the address be valid if it is close to your area yet need an address correction if it is too far to run off?

If there is nothing wrong with the address and it is just a misload for another area just send it in through the DIAD and wait for them to tell you how to sheet it.

He probably likes his loader and doesn't want him to get busted for the misload.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Everybody here acting like loading boxes into their designated package cars is hard. Please. Every hourly job at UPS is easy if you follow the methods and work safely. Some people are just ignorant.

Overpaid Union Thug

There are at least a couple of preloaders in my center that need to be fired. Most of us drivers would be happy if it happened. But there is supposed to be a due process for it. That process requires that the preloader do their part by filling out a grievance form.

Everyone makes mistakes but if they try and have a good attitude they usually don't become a target. I have no sympathy for them when they don't give a crap and are playing on their cellphones and talking when they could be fixing their loads and telling people that drivers make to much money to complain about bad loads. Those preloaders don't deserve the job.

PT Car Washer

There are at least a couple of preloaders in my center that need to be fired. Most of us drivers would be happy if it happened. But there is supposed to be a due process for it. That process requires that the preloader do their part by filling out a grievance form.

Everyone makes mistakes but if they try and have a good attitude they usually don't become a target. I have no sympathy for them when they don't give a crap and are playing on their cellphones and talking when they could be fixing their loads and telling people that drivers make to much money to complain about bad loads. Those preloaders don't deserve the job.
That sounds more like our preload management team. Both FT and PT.